Possible QB run could work in Bills favor.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they pass on Watson and he turns out to be really good, it could be a low point for this franchise.

That said, if they can emerge with a guy like Howard or Adams and a good qb prospect like Mahomes, I will be happy.

I believe OJ Howard is elite.

Big time OJ howard fan here....and if we ended up with him at 10 that would be just fine by me

No, I don't. I think he will be over drafted. I would rather target a Chris Godwin later on.

lol

I don't take guys at ten based on hope with no production. David Njoku is a similar prospect who might be better than Howard and he will still be on the board at 20.

When I say elite I mean elite prospect. Of course OJ or Njoku have elite potential in the NFL. As of now they are just very good prospects.

Well, I disagree on Howard. He is a monster who played with crappy qbs for a team that didn't need to throw the ball a lot. He's also a great blocker. He could be the next great TE.

Well, I disagree on Howard. He is a monster who played with crappy qbs for a team that didn't need to throw the ball a lot. He's also a great blocker. He could be the next great TE.

This is my thought as well

It isnt just that OJ Howard is a incredible athlete for his size....it is that he is actually adept as a in line blocker as well......too often you have guys that can

either catch well and not block worth a crap

block well and cant catch a cold

You get more use out of a guy like this....he can stay on the field in running formations.....he can stay on the field when we spread it out

How many Superbowls have teams with great TEs won? How many with average QBs?

I don't see a QB run impacting us in the 1st. I think there will be 3 QBs selected between 12-25. It may help us if we are able to trade back.

Again, it may help us trade back if the Browns are still in the market at #12. Who might want to jump them?

How many Superbowls have teams with great TEs won? How many with average QBs?

Patriots, Saints, Colts all come to mind

Again, it may help us trade back if the Browns are still in the market at #12. Who might want to jump them?

If teams want to jump them they probably want to jump us because of our interest. The Cardinals and Texans are the 2 that jump out.

I believe OJ Howard is elite.

He really might be CB but it's even hard for me to tell and I have seen all of his games.

Remember, last year he had a freshman qb and the year before Derrick Henry was getting all those carries. Plus, the Tide have a roster full of star skill position players.

He has every single tool and his blocking has vastly improved over the years to the degree that I consider him to be an excellent blocker.

Is 10 still a bit early? It might be. I won't complain if they draft him but you know why. :) Besides, I think we both know where the Bills will go in round 1, don't we? :(

Edited by Bill from NYC

Maybe. Usually top ten picks have actual production AND fantastic athletic traits. OJ Howard timed very fast and very agile. He did have very concerning numbers for explosiveness.

This is my thought as well

It isnt just that OJ Howard is a incredible athlete for his size....it is that he is actually adept as a in line blocker as well......too often you have guys that can

either catch well and not block worth a crap

block well and cant catch a cold

You get more use out of a guy like this....he can stay on the field in running formations.....he can stay on the field when we spread it out

Agreed! NE drafts or trades for TEs all the time. Let's do what good teams do for once! I just hope Howard loves blocking because he won't get the ball this year.

He really might be CB but it's even hard for me to tell and I have seen all of his games.

Remember, last year he had a freshman qb and the year before Derrick Henry was getting all those carries. Plus, the Tide have a roster full of star skill position players.

He has every single tool and his blocking has vastly improved over the years to the degree that I consider him to be an excellent blocker.

Is 10 still a bit early? It might be. I won't complain if they draft him but you know why. :) Besides, I think we both know where the Bills will go in round 1, don't we? :(

Corner?!

Colts... Nope, Patriots... Has Gronk played in a Superbowl? Saints didn't have a great TE when they won.

You could do this for every non- qb position.

And the reason the Pats didn't miss Gronk as much is because they acquired a top 10 TE last offseason.