if we trade out of 10

mead107

If this is true, then it suggests that the Bills don't have a QB that they have high confidence in and want badly. Correct? Because if they did, they wouldn't trade out of that spot and gamble on missing him.

Not necessarily. They could have a QB or two or three that they like, but at a value they like. For instance, they trade down six to ten spots and grab their QB at that point, while picking up an extra pick or two. There's no guarantee any of the QB's go in the top ten. They all need work. But if they like Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes, lets say, one of them is bound to be there even with a trade down within a certain range.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily. They could have a QB or two or three that they like, but at a value they like. For instance, they trade down six to ten spots and grab their QB at that point, while picking up an extra pick or two. There's no guarantee any of the QB's go in the top ten. They all need work. But if they like Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes, lets say, one of them is bound to be there even with a trade down within a certain range.

Yes of course you are correct.

Think about it though. If there was a QB they were confident was going to become an elite one or even a dependable franchise QB, they wouldn't move down for him. They would take him so they don't miss. Cuz.....QB

Drop back in to the 20s is what I am hoping for

I agree. But I think trading down to 12 or 13 with Browns or Cardinals is more likely than a team in the 20s. Draft is deep, there isn't a huge need to trade up and lots of teams will want to trade down. Perhaps the Texans would be willing to trade up, but I don't think so.

Well, I guess that we will find out which of us is right very shortly... side bet? And who is this mysterious "THEY" you speak of?

And I don't believe that the Bills are any less needy at QB as any of these other teams that you might wanna mention... If it's in their interest to draft one of these QB's then isn't it also in the Bills interest to "stay put" and solve their own QB problem? If I was a new HC I'd be very leery about entrusting my coaching future to TT and/or Cardale jones...

"They" is every draft analyst on tv every year and football execs who consistently get extra 1sts

This is exciting stuff!!

It's kind of ironic that we're talking about trading back so that other teams can land their franchise QB when we're not even sure if we have one for ourselves. That being said, I think putting Taylor in a better offensive system under Dennison just might make him unstoppable.

I'd like to see if we could trade down just a few spots initially (possibly with Cleveland at #12 or Arizona at #13) and then make the big move to #25 with Houston or even #27 with KC.

Houston is the most obvious trade partner because they are in desperate need of a starting QB.

How about this potential scenario......

SCENARIO #1

1. No QBs selected #1-#9. Bills get a R5 pick for losing RB Gillislee to Pats.

2. Buff trades #10 to Arizona (who finds itself in a bidding war with Cleveland to land Trubisky) for #13 plus R2, R6, and CB P. Peterson.

3. Bills now have the following 9 picks:

R1 (#13)

R2

R2 (Ariz.)

R3

R5

R5

R5

R6

R6 (Ariz.)

4. Cleveland selects QB D. Watson at #12.

5. Buff trades #13 to Houston for #25 plus a R2, R7, and Houston's R1 in 2018. Houston selects QB P. Mahomes at #13.

6. Bills now have the following 11 picks:

R1 (#25)

R2

R2 (Ariz.)

R2 (Hou.)

R3

R5

R5

R5

R6

R6 (Ariz.)

R7 (Hou.).

7. Bills select LB H. Reddick at #25 and have also added CB P. Peterson.

No , 15 would be my limit. I think we have to take the best olb prospect or wr in the 1st. Q.b or l.b. wr in the second ,which ever is rated highest.I don`t know what you could get out of falling a few spots back. Depends on how bad somebody wants a prospect.I would go corner in the 3rd. A lot of talent there.