Batavia Bills???

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes a whole lot of sense!

Plenty of space, convenient to all of WNY, good access via I-90 and the by rail, obviously plenty of room to tailgate. Truth be told there should be an airport there too, serving Buffalo & Rochester. Rail access would be a huge plus..Fewer noise complaints!

20 years ago Denver put their airport about 20 miles E of the city. Huge pain in the a** for starters BUT now there are plenty of hotels, restaurants etc, so it may be an oprion

This could also spread whatever the tax burden turns out to be. If it's done right, It won't all be on one county to handle..

At least Orchard Park is a suburb of Buffalo. Batavia is a suburb of corn fields.

The voice of reason.

Plus there are TONS of hotels in the region. I stand by this: if a domed/retractable roof stadium gets built in Buffalo, they WILL host a Final Four. I'll bet $100 on it.

The voice of reason.

Plus there are TONS of hotels in the region. I stand by this: if a domed/retractable roof stadium gets built in Buffalo, they WILL host a Final Four. I'll bet $100 on it.

...sorry, hosting a PLAYOFF GAME is the wish LONG before any final four stuff..............

The voice of reason.

Voice of reason? Orchard park is good to live in, not host a national football team.

The only reason it's there to begin with was because of shady dealings and criminal activity.

Pretty sure people went to jail over it.

Edited by likei've

What the hell is in Orchard Park, the red carpet inn?

Go ahead look it up.

It's the closest Hotel to the stadium and an embarrassment to us from an out of towners perspective.

Suburb of Buffalo with money

Voice of reason? Orchard park is good to live in, not host a national football team.

The only reason it's there to begin with was because of shady dealings and criminal activity.

Pretty sure people went to jail over it.

You want to name them

At least Orchard Park is a suburb of Buffalo. Batavia is a suburb of corn fields.

Thank you

Question is.... so why if the Bills move 40 mins easy they change name...

I get it, thanks, it's all speculation and someone spewing garbage who knows nothing. But how would fans feel if the moved a tad bit and changed City name. Being San Fran is no where near San Fran and New York played in Jersey and were still called New York.

I'm just saying IF... IF... Buffalo went to Batavia they should still be called Buffalo was my point.

But... I hope they get a Downtown or near Downtown stadium.

New home of the Batavia Bills: Im not exactly saying anything groundbreaking here since the idea has been tossed around, but Batavia (Yes, this Batavia) wouldnt be the worst place for a new Bills home, even though owner Terry Pegula recent said he hasnt thought about a new stadium. Its closer to Rochester and Syracuse and theres plenty of land to operate on. Additionally, it would have an advantage of easy thruway access, as opposed to a downtown Buffalo stadium. Without some infrastructure work, it would be difficult to imagine getting in and out of the city on Sunday

http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/bdn02/friday-feels-5-thoughts-on-the-buffalo-bills-20170407&template=mbdn

A plus is bigger parking lots for bigger tailgating party's

New home of the Batavia Bills: Im not exactly saying anything groundbreaking here since the idea has been tossed around, but Batavia (Yes, this Batavia) wouldnt be the worst place for a new Bills home, even though owner Terry Pegula recent said he hasnt thought about a new stadium. Its closer to Rochester and Syracuse and theres plenty of land to operate on. Additionally, it would have an advantage of easy thruway access, as opposed to a downtown Buffalo stadium. Without some infrastructure work, it would be difficult to imagine getting in and out of the city on Sunday

http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/bdn02/friday-feels-5-thoughts-on-the-buffalo-bills-20170407&template=mbdn

A plus is bigger parking lots for bigger tailgating party's

"Easy thruway access", you mean the one guy working at the two booths they have?

If the stadium is built in Batavia AND Batavia (aka stadium town USA) attracts another major franchise then wouldn't Pegula have to sell the Batavia Bills at that point?

Jauron... I think the bigger issue is owning the Batavia bills and Buffalo Sabres, they are in different counties so the state excise tax would be prohibitive to getting comp picks.

Suburb of Buffalo with money

You want to name them

Thank you

I do want to name them but I can't find the info online.

I remember hearing the story a long time ago.

I could have been told wrong but the story went that the stadium was supposed to go downtown but someone made some shady deals and it ended up in OP.

Maybe someone could help me out or prove the info I heard is inaccurate.

I do want to name them but I can't find the info online.

I remember hearing the story a long time ago.

I could have been told wrong but the story went that the stadium was supposed to go downtown but someone made some shady deals and it ended up in OP.

Maybe someone could help me out or prove the info I heard is inaccurate.

I believe they were going to build the Lancaster Dome but they ended up in the OP

I believe they were going to build the Lancaster Dome but they ended up in the OP

Thanks!

I found an article about that and found this in the article.

Here's the names the other poster wanted...

"And that wasn't the only scandal to come out of this project. According to "From Butler to Buffett: The Story Behind the Buffalo News" by Murray Light, legislators Frederick Pordum and Frank Ludera were convicted of conspiracy to accept bribes on June 16, 1970 and sentenced to three years in prison each."

http://www.wkbw.com/news/1970-plans-called-for-domed-stadium-in-lancaster

....NEVER happens IMO......kills the Buffalo lore.....doubt moving further east attracts more fans, but it could easily deter the 10,000+ Canadian fan base from support for an extra 45-60 minutes to their drive.....

Maybe. But if you're talking driving the I-90 it's only 20-25 miles farther from Toronto yet 40-45 miles closer to Syracuse.