Batavia Bills???

Talks of new stadium in Batavia...?

I have no clue where this is but they are saying it's closer to Rochester/Syracuse.

If that were to happen, why couldn't they keep Buffalo?

San Francison 49ers now play in Santa Clara which is about an hour south of San Fran, and yet they didn't change their name.

If this were to happen I would hate for them to be called the Batavia Bills. They should find some way to keep a portion of the team facility near Buffalo and play in The Rochester area, at worst.

Bills should stay in Buffalo!!!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I get a hell yeah?? Or maybe even a link?

New home of the Batavia Bills: Im not exactly saying anything groundbreaking here since the idea has been tossed around, but Batavia (Yes, this Batavia) wouldnt be the worst place for a new Bills home, even though owner Terry Pegula recent said he hasnt thought about a new stadium. Its closer to Rochester and Syracuse and theres plenty of land to operate on. Additionally, it would have an advantage of easy thruway access, as opposed to a downtown Buffalo stadium. Without some infrastructure work, it would be difficult to imagine getting in and out of the city on Sunday

http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/bdn02/friday-feels-5-thoughts-on-the-buffalo-bills-20170407&template=mbdn

A plus is bigger parking lots for bigger tailgating party's

Can I get a hell yeah?? Or maybe even a link?

Though I live closer to Rochester and Cuse, it'd be a detriment to the local economy in Buffalo to move the Bills. I get why they would want to but I enjoy making the trek to Buffalo, with its unique charm, terrific food and passionate fan base. Find a different location Pegulas, please.

New home of the Batavia Bills: Im not exactly saying anything groundbreaking here since the idea has been tossed around, but Batavia (Yes, this Batavia) wouldnt be the worst place for a new Bills home, even though owner Terry Pegula recent said he hasnt thought about a new stadium. Its closer to Rochester and Syracuse and theres plenty of land to operate on. Additionally, it would have an advantage of easy thruway access, as opposed to a downtown Buffalo stadium. Without some infrastructure work, it would be difficult to imagine getting in and out of the city on Sunday

http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/bdn02/friday-feels-5-thoughts-on-the-buffalo-bills-20170407&template=mbdn

A plus is bigger parking lots for bigger tailgating party's

You understand that's just someone throwing an idea out there and not actually legitimate talks of anything right?

You understand that's just someone throwing an idea out there and not actually legitimate talks of anything right?

It mentioned the idea has been thrown out there already. To whom who knows...

Just starting conversation, I do understand it's all shots in the wind...

Though I live closer to Rochester and Cuse, it'd be a detriment to the local economy in Buffalo to move the Bills. I get why they would want to but I enjoy making the trek to Buffalo, with its unique charm, terrific food and passionate fan base. Find a different location Pegulas, please.

Nonsense. 8 days a year is not make or break for any cities economy.

The idea was out there, and the stadium study quashed it.

It wont happen. Im sure Pegula would like the downtown stadium if possible. If it moves, its going to the city. If not in the city, it will be on site in Orchard Park.

There isn't a problem with getting enough people to games. Making it a few minutes more convenient to people in Rochester, while making it more inconvenient for a larger/dense population does not make sense.

Nonsense. 8 days a year is not make or break for any cities economy.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Plus it's not even 8 lately. You couldn't even give away Dolphins tickets in December. The stadium is in the middle of nowhere. People consume what they bring.

There are a few rotting hotels near the stadium, maybe a bar or two, some home owners will be bummed because they can't charge $15 for parking on their lawn.

Otherwise I don't see much changing. Directly in between Buffalo and Rochester.

Seems fine to me as long as they keep the name. If the Jets and Giants can play in Jersey and keep the name I don't see why Buffalo couldn't.

The idea was out there, and the stadium study quashed it.

It wont happen. Im sure Pegula would like the downtown stadium if possible. If it moves, its going to the city. If not in the city, it will be on site in Orchard Park.

There isn't a problem with getting enough people to games. Making it a few minutes more convenient to people in Rochester, while making it more inconvenient for a larger/dense population does not make sense.

Depends on what you value more.

Downtown stadium changes tailgating forever. Mainly people will cram into bars and pay for way overpriced drinks. If you can get through the crowd.

Batavia has space to keep it the way it's always been.

Longer drive, better game day experience.