Top 50 EMPLOYED QBs

I think that 7-10 group is a bit jumbled up and can go a lot of different ways.

Yeah I'm not disagreeing there and obviously my rankings are as subjective as anyone else's, but for me, those guys are better based on what they've done on the field.

I'm sick of all this talk of Luck and his potential. Yeah, he has a ton of potential... doesn't mean he's going to achieve it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm not disagreeing there and obviously my rankings are as subjective as anyone else's, but for me, those guys are better based on what they've done on the field.

I'm sick of all this talk of Luck and his potential. Yeah, he has a ton of potential... doesn't mean he's going to achieve it.

That's true, but making it to the top 10 is a feat in itself. He had high expectations, but getting a top 10 QB is always nice.

Edited by FireChan

Taylor at #21... sounds right.

NFL starter, but not a top tier guy.

They do?

Link?

Luck is the most overrated QB in the NFL today. It's ridiculous the slack that guy has been given after having been touted "the greatest prospect since Peyton Manning."

....so if Irsay relapses, releases Luck and Whaley grabs 'em, what's your tune then?....just more of your BBMB drivel......at best, he'd be #3 behind Cardale Whatchamacallit Jones.....good Lord....

....so if Irsay relapses, releases Luck and Whaley grabs 'em, what's your tune then?....just more of your BBMB drivel......at best, he'd be #3 behind Cardale Whatchamacallit Jones.....good Lord....

Dude, WTF are you talking about?!

Me saying "Luck is overrated" does NOT equal me saying "Luck is better than Taylor."

Don't be a simple minded poster... you're better than this...

why do you keep bringing up BBMB?

it's dead and gone, time to turnover a new stone and leave the past where it belongs, in the past...

Dude, WTF are you talking about?!

Me saying "Luck is overrated" does NOT equal me saying "Luck is better than Taylor."

Don't be a simple minded poster... you're better than this...

...how the hell can you judge Luck as overrated with the cast of characters that fumblin', mumblin', stumblin' Grigson put around him along with Chucky in the HC seat?..throw in "BUZZED" Irsay for good measure......you don't consider those to be mitigating circumstances in Luck's performance to date?...YOU can do better than THAT IMO...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

...how the hell can you judge Luck as overrated with the cast of characters that fumblin', mumblin', stumblin' Grigson put around him along with Chucky in the HC seat?..throw in "BUZZED" Irsay for good measure......you don't consider those to be mitigating circumstances in Luck's performance to date?...YOU can do better than THAT IMO...........

40-year old Matt Hasselbeck did pretty well in 2015 playing with that pathetic cast of characters, didn't he?

Luck

IS

Overrated.

I can judge him as overrated because Andrew Luck was touted universally as the best prospect to come out of the draft since John Elway. He was going to be the Lebron James of the NFL in terms of championships ("Not one, not two, not three, not four...") and in terms of production as the most "pro-ready guy" coming out.

He was going to be, undoubtedly, a 1st ballot HOFer.

And what he's been, based on those expectations that were set forth by EVERYONE is disappointing.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't want him over Taylor, it means there was a stupidly high bar set for him and there are a lot of prognosticators and "experts" who would never admit that, which is why you have rankings like these that are all about his potential rather than his play.

40-year old Matt Hasselbeck did pretty well in 2015 playing with that pathetic cast of characters, didn't he?

Exactly

....NO way to argue that...point taken.......but are Luck's faults that cast him into the overrated category then?..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

why do you keep bringing up BBMB?

it's dead and gone, time to turnover a new stone and leave the past where it belongs, in the past...

...so then I guess all of the inferences about lowly BBMB refugee infiltrators to this site can now FINALLY be put to bed right?.....sure I posted there but don't find the need to subscribe to being relegated to a low life refugee here.....agree or disagree....could care less.............

Huh? He threw 9 tds in 8 games and they missed the playoffs a year after going to the afc championship game.

Did I ever say Hasselbeck was good? The TEAM went 5-3 with him at QB, which undermines the most frequently mentioned excuse for Luck--that he's surrounded by a bunch of bums.

Did I ever say Hasselbeck was good? The TEAM went 5-3 with him at QB, which undermines the most frequently mentioned excuse for Luck--that he's surrounded by a bunch of bums.

...he was what you'd hope for when called upon...a good soldier like Frank Reich was..........

I seem to recall the wins were all divisional games. Is that right or my memory failing me? Luck's record his first 3 years when he was playing well was helped by a terrible division and that same terrible division helped Hasselbeck not look like an arthritic skeleton in 2015.

The Colts with Luck back went 8-8 last year because the division improved. I don't think they were massively worse than the Colt teams early in Luck's time there. Indianapolis needs a strong draft to keep up with Houston (subject to their QB issue) and Tennessee.

You know what happens Fox Sports? You know what happens when you list Ryan Tannehill above Tyrod Taylor, you stupid idiots................. YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!

Ryan Tennefly. Brian Flannel Mill. Ryan Talleywhacker. Ryan Benny Hill. Rhine Tanner Bill. Flyin Brian Pill. You stupid IDIOT

...so then I guess all of the inferences about lowly BBMB refugee infiltrators to this site can now FINALLY be put to bed right?.....sure I posted there but don't find the need to subscribe to being relegated to a low life refugee here.....agree or disagree....could care less.............

you're no low life refugee. you're now a member tbd. I was just suggesting to leave the board behind is all. so yes, I believe you can put it/them to bed.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

I would take those 2 over TT any day.....The Bills are a better team with either guy...And I like TT.....

I am looking at it currently and what to expect for the 2017 season moving forward. I think it is close but I would take Tyrod over Newton for a few reasons: (1) Newton has been beaten up physically the last several years (plus had the car accident) and I believe it is starting to take a toll on him and his play. Newton has not developed as a passer enough where he can rely mostly on his arm. He still needs to be a threat on the ground and I just see his body beginning to break down. His running style was never to avoid hits but run thru tacklers and you don't get a lot of longevity in the style of play. Because Tyrod has not played as much and because his style of running is more elusive (avoids more big collisions) he has more juice left in the tank. (2) I think Tyrod is a better leader and teammate. Newton may have matured some but on the scale of attitude he is much more like Cutler than a Peyton Manning. (3) Work ethic goes to Tyrod as well which may be part of being a better teammate but I also believe it allows Tyrod to become a better player. I believe Newton has more interests outside of football and I don't see the same level of commitment to get better. Overall, I believe we have seen the best of Cam Newton and he is a declining player where as I believe Tyrod can get better, especially in an offensive scheme that suits his abilities.

As for Rivers, it is similar. If the Bills trade for Rivers today we do not receive the 2007 version of him. We get present day Rivers who can still put up big numbers from time to time but so did Drew Bledsoe near the end of his career. Rivers has zero mobility and must have great protection to have team success. He is another player in decline who is close to retirement. He is no longer giving consistent performances and is prone to turning over the football (I believe only Ryan Fitzpatrick had more turnovers than Rivers last year). Everyone says that it is a QB driven league and the Tyrod haters constantly blame him for his 15-14 record the past 2 years. When does Rivers share some of the blame for his 9-23 record the past 2 years?