Top 50 EMPLOYED QBs

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-best-quarterbacks-signed-roster-ranked-employed-top-50-040417

Top 50 QB (currently signed) List so no Kap, Cutter, etc.

Two teams have 2 top 32 Qbs (Toilets and Broncos) and 7 more have 2 in top 40.

Not sure I'd include Winston in top 10 or Bradford in top 20.

1 Aaron Rodgers, Packers
2 Tom Brady, Patriots
3 Drew Brees, Saints
4 Matt Ryan, Falcons
5 Russell Wilson, Seahawks
6 Andrew Luck, Colts
7 Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers
8 Derek Carr, Raiders
9 Jameis Winston, Buccaneers
10 Matthew Stafford, Lions
11 Philip Rivers, Chargers
12 Marcus Mariota, Titans
13 Dak Prescott, Cowboys
14 Kirk Cousins, Redskins
15 Sam Bradford, Vikings
16 Cam Newton, Panthers
17 Eli Manning, Giants
18 Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins
19 Carson Wentz, Eagles
20 Joe Flacco, Ravens
21 Tyrod Taylor, Bills
22 Carson Palmer, Cardinals
23 Andy Dalton, Bengals
24 Alex Smith, Chiefs
25 Blake Bortles, Jaguars
26 Trevor Siemian, Broncos
27 Jimmy Garoppolo, Patriots
28 Jared Goff, Rams
29 Brian Hoyer, 49ers
30 Cody Kessler, Browns
31 Mike Glennon, Bears
32 Paxton Lynch, Broncos
33 Brock Osweiler, Browns
34 Matt Moore, Dolphins
35 Nick Foles, Eagles
36 Matt Barkley, 49ers
37 AJ McCarron, Bengals
38 Josh McCown, Jets
39 Colt McCoy, Redskins
40 Geno Smith, Giants
41 Matt Cassel, Titans
42 Tom Savage, Texans
43 Landry Jones, Steelers
44 Mark Sanchez, Bears
45 Brett Hundley, Packers
46 Matt Schaub, Falcons
47 Drew Stanton, Cardinals
48 Chase Daniel, Saints
49 Case Keenum, Vikings
50 Connor Cook, Raiders

Sorry about double post, We have this nanny software and sometimes it gets jacked up and requires password which never works so I need to make some change and repost. Sometimes it posts twice after that.

Edited by Koolaid

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Came here to say EJ was too high, but he didn't even make the list.

TT > Dalton and Palmer is insanity.

He's been virtually identical to Dalton the last 2 years. Dalton 3 more TDs, 3 more INTs. It's certainly not insanity but one of those "subjective" spots. I would flip flop Dalton and Tannehill and I may slide Wentz down a few spots. Cam is too low as well. Bradford too high. Edited by Kirby Jackson

He's been virtually identical to Dalton the last 2 years. Dalton 3 more TDs, 3 more INTs. It's certainly not insanity but one of those "subjective" spots. I would flip flop Dalton and Tannehill and I may slide Wentz down a few spots. Cam is too low as well. Bradford too high.

Oh Kirby, no. Dalton was an MVP candidate 2 years ago. TT was a pleasant surprise.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaltAn00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htm

Oh Kirby, no. Dalton was an MVP candidate 2 years ago. TT was a pleasant surprise.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaltAn00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htm

Doesn't change the fact that Dalton has 50 TDs in 29 games and Tyrod 47. Dalton has 15 INTs, Tyrod 12. Dalton is 16-12-1, Tyrod is 15-14. Dalton accounts for 268 yards per game, Tyrod, 248 yards per game. I have Dalton above him but let's not act like it is insanity. That is what I said.

Doesn't change the fact that Dalton has 50 TDs in 29 games and Tyrod 47. Dalton has 15 INTs, Tyrod 12. Dalton is 16-12-1, Tyrod is 15-14. Dalton accounts for 268 yards per game, Tyrod, 248 yards per game. I have Dalton above him but let's not act like it is insanity. That is what I said.

You're welcome to look at YPA, sacks and fumbles too my dude. And GWD's/4QC.

32 out of 32 GM's take Dalton over TT. That makes it insanity, IMO.

Edited by FireChan

Luck at 6? Based on what? Ahead of Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Netwon? You can't say longevity and future performance with Brady and Brees at 2 and 3.

Newton at 16? I would take him over every other QB except Brady and Rodgers if you are talking about only next year. I would take him over all of them if you are talking for the next 5-10 years.

I am on it. Dalton 12.0 YPC, 7.9 YPA, 61 sacks, 4 GWD, 14 fumbles. Tyrod 11.9 YPC, 7.4 YPS, 78 sacks, 3 GWD, 13 fumbles. I'm not seeing this chasm that you keep insisting exists (outside of sacks)? I've said I'd have Dalton a few spots higher (and above TT) but your bias is clouding the facts. They aren't terribly different.

If you'd do the exact same drill with Tannehill you will find that TT actually has been more effective. I'm not going to put this together all night but you get the point.

Says who? Dalton has peaked and is on the downside already. Take away AJ Green and he is a terribly flawed QB. Give TT a healthy Watkins and 31 of 32 GM take TT over Dalton any day.

Luck at 6? Based on what? Ahead of Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Netwon? You can't say longevity and future performance with Brady and Brees at 2 and 3.

Newton at 16? I would take him over every other QB except Brady and Rodgers if you are talking about only next year. I would take him over all of them if you are talking for the next 5-10 years.

Agree with you on this Dragonborn. If they are ranking the top 50 today (which it seems like) no way is Luck 10 spots ahead of Cam (or Bradford ahead of Cam). Edited by Kirby Jackson

I am on it. Dalton 12.0 YPC, 7.9 YPA, 61 sacks, 4 GWD, 14 fumbles. Tyrod 11.9 YPC, 7.4 YPS, 78 sacks, 3 GWD, 13 fumbles. I'm not seeing this chasm that you keep insisting exists (outside of sacks)? I've said I'd have Dalton a few spots higher (and above TT) but your bias is clouding the facts. They aren't terribly different.

If you'd do the exact same drill with Tannehill you will find that TT actually has been more effective. I'm not going to put this together all night but you get the point.

I mean when every stat is better (you ignored fumbles lost), one is clearly better. Dalton has more TD's, less INT's, better YPP, better completion, less sacks, etc etc etc.

You continue to post that TT is worse than Dalton in every single stat and you don't understand why he's clearly better?

Says who? Dalton has peaked and is on the downside already. Take away AJ Green and he is a terribly flawed QB. Give TT a healthy Watkins and 31 of 32 GM take TT over Dalton any day.

I forgot that was why TT with Sammy Watkins almost all year in 2015 was an MVP candidate and Dalton with AJ Green all year was a pleasant surprise who had to beat EJ and Cassel out in camp getting paid $600k a game.

From what I see, it is pretty much all speculation that made this list or at least most of it. That is what these type of lists are. It doesn't precedent itself by saying this is a list based on any set of stats, so then there must be a level of speculation and subjectivity to it.

actually, Tyrod is 14-14.