No Gilmore, No Woods, No Brown, No Chance

I'd rather have them go the other way and shoot for 0-16 or something close, draft Darnold, and hope for the best.

If he doesn't turn into a high quality franchise QB, at least we tried.

We've tried "suck" so many different ways for so many years, why not give a new way a try?

Hoping to get one player out college when he could also decide to turn around and go back to school is folly? He isnt a senior is he?

or....he could have a lousy year this year in which we will never hear about this stuff again

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great coaching or a great QB solve a lot of problems. Maybe the Bills will have one of those this year and be set for the future.

If you don't believe either is possible, then just quit. There will be room on the bandwagon later.

What do you expect? 8-8 in Buffalo is considered successful.

Don't set your expectations too high, it will just lead to disappointment.

Priorities of A Bills Fan who attends home games:

1. Get Loaded

2. Drink More

3. Play some stupid college drinking game

4. Smoke something

5. Watch the Bills play, hopefully competitive.

6. Get home Safe.

There is a whole lot of fun to be had that doesn't include the bills.

OP, your priorities are off, you some how relate winning to excitement. As a Bills fan, I do not correlate.

Imo

The Bills right now are a 5-11 football team, especially with he schedule they have. Even if they keep the rest of their players, you know half of them end up not playing due to injuries. They need to trade down and get as many picks as possible and all of them contribute to even have a chance at 8-8. Exciting.

doom-gloom-21981463.jpg

What do you expect? 8-8 in Buffalo is considered successful.

Don't set your expectations too high, it will just lead to disappointment.

Priorities of A Bills Fan who attends home games:

1. Get Loaded

2. Drink More

3. Play some stupid college drinking game

4. Smoke something

5. Watch the Bills play, hopefully competitive.

6. Get home Safe.

There is a whole lot of fun to be had that doesn't include the bills.

OP, your priorities are off, you some how relate winning to excitement. As a Bills fan, I do not correlate.

Imo

It's sports.

I always have fun during the season, rooting for the team, win or lose.

I even save the games and watch them again during the off-season. Can you believe that?

I must be crazy.

No Rex Ryan equals 3 or 4 more wins, imo, no matter who they lost

11 to 12 wins!!!

Hope is renewed every year by our genius marketing President, Mr. Brandon.

Russ is obviously doing a great job.

Imo

I'm wondering if the folks on here who believe this team is three losses worse than last year were Rex Ryan fans?

Or, maybe they have very little faith, hope, or trust in McD?

Or, maybe they don't remember who the coach was last year?

Because, honestly, I can't really wrap my head around the loss of these three players having that great an impact, and I just don't see how, outside of the coaching staff, this team is that different.

In my opinion, Rex damaged this team-- especially the defense.

So, I'll just go ahead and mix up my own Kool Aid, and be hopeful that McD can turn things around.

Vegas has Buffalo as a bottom 5 team. So 5 and 11 sounds right.

meh. every year someone predicts a 4/5 win season. how many times has that happened in the last decade? maybe once?

it's almost as pointless as someone predicting 11 wins an a playoff berth.

The Bills right now are a 5-11 football team, especially with he schedule they have. Even if they keep the rest of their players, you know half of them end up not playing due to injuries. They need to trade down and get as many picks as possible and all of them contribute to even have a chance at 8-8. Exciting.

And with those players they might be a 7-9 team. Not worth the price to keep those players.

C'mon man. Based on what? Your "expert" analysis? You provide absolutely no rationale for why you believe this except that we lost Woods, Gilmore and Brown. Below, please find a list of transactions so far this year. I say we are a better football team.

April 3, 2017 Promoted Marlon Kerner to director of player engagement and alumni.
MARCH DATE TRANSACTION March 29, 2017 Waived/failed physical DE Scott Crichton. March 28, 2017 Claimed DE Scott Crichton off waivers from Minnesota. March 20, 2017 Re-signed WR Brandon Tate. March 18, 2017 Agreed to terms with WR Andre Holmes. March 17, 2017 Signed RB Joe Banyard, CB Leonard Johnson and WR Corey Washington. March 14, 2017 Agreed to terms with DE Ryan Davis. March 14, 2017 Agreed to terms with DE Ryan Davis. Signed WR Jeremy Butler. March 12, 2017 Agreed to terms with WR Corey Brown. March 11, 2017 Agreed to terms with LB Lorenzo Alexander on a two-year contract and T Jorday Mills. March 10, 2017 Released S Corey Graham. March 10, 2017 Released S Aaron Williams. Agreed to terms with FB Patrick DiMarco, G Vladimir Ducasse, PK Stephen Hauschka and Ss Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer. March 8, 2017 Agreed to terms with QB Tyrod Taylor, P Colton Schmidt and FB Mike Tolbert. Released WR Marcus Easley. March 7, 2017 Exercised its exclusive rights by tendering offers to RB Mike Gillislee and G Ryan Groy. March 6, 2017 Released TE Gerald Christian, K Dan Carpenter, CB Nickell Robey-Coleman, LS Garrison Sanborn and S Phillip Thomas.
FEBRUARY DATE TRANSACTION February 23, 2017 Named Scott Berchtold special assistant and Derek Boyko vice president of communications. February 16, 2017 Agreed to terms with LB Ramon Humber. February 7, 2017 Named Gill Byrd defensive backs coach and Bobby Babich assistant defensive backs coach. February 2, 2017 Named Phil McGeoghan wide receivers coach, John Egorugwu defensive quality control coach, Marc Lubick offensive quality control/assistant quarterbacks coach, Matt Smiley assistant special teams coach and Bill Teerlinck assistant defensive line coach.
JANUARY DATE TRANSACTION January 31, 2017 Announced Bobby April, John Blake, Aaron Kromer, David Lee, D'Anton Lynn, Tim McDonald, Pat Meyer, Chris Palmer, Ed Reed, Eric Smith, Kathryn Smith, Dennis Thurman, Jason Vrable and Jeff Weeks will not be part of the team's coaching staff for the 2017 season. January 27, 2017 Re-signed S Colt Anderson. January 24, 2017 Named David Culley quarterbacks coach. January 20, 2017 Named Andrew Dees assistant offensive line coach. January 19, 2017 Named Rick Dennison offensive coordinator. January 18, 2017 Named Kelly Skipper running backs coach. January 17, 2017 Named Rob Boras tight ends coach. January 14, 2017 Agreed to terms with defensive line coach Mike Waufle. January 14, 2017 Agreed to terms with defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier, linebackers coach Bob Babich and offensive line/run game coordinator Juan Castillo. January 11, 2017 Named Sean McDermott coach. January 2, 2017 Signed LS Reid Ferguson, CB Charles Gaines, RB Cedric O'Neal, S Joe Powell, LB Max Valles and QB Josh Woodrum to reserve/future contracts.
SPONSORED HEADLINES

11 to 12 wins!!!

Hope is renewed every year by our genius marketing President, Mr. Brandon.

Russ is obviously doing a great job.

Imo

i don't quite get this. are you saying brandon hired mcd as head coach to sell tickets?

No Rex Ryan equals 3 or 4 more wins, imo, no matter who they lost

Except for the fact the Sean McDermott's defense finished below Rex's last year in yards AND points. Leslie Frazier who will be calling the plays recently had TWO different football teams floating around bottom 3 for defense. Rex has NEVER had defenses as bad as Frazier's last two stops.

Anthony Lynn was calling plays on offense but he got a head coaching job and our new offensive coordinator was the third choice on McD's list after his first two choices turned him down.

Edited by jeffismagic

I don't see it that way at all. Gilmore is a clown who is good when he wants to be, he spent have of last season not trying.

Of the tree, Woods is the biggest loss, he was a professional and gave his all in all areas but was underutilized. He will be replaced in the draft. Brown had a good season but his replacement is on the roster already.