Mets fans?

Another Fan

11 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I think you me smaller (grins).Actually..I only burn when my arthritis kicks up.What's the news on Vargas?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mets-get-rare-good-news-as-jason-vargas-will-miss-only-five-days-with-hand-injury/amp/

Last I heard.  He may miss opening week but doesn't sound too serious 

23 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I think you me smaller (grins).Actually..I only burn when my arthritis kicks up.What's the news on Vargas?

Anyone else immediately think of Mr. Vargas from Fast Times instead of Jason Vargas?

in all seriousness I read a tweet from Rubin saying Nats pitchers Drew Storen had same injury in ST 2015 and didn’t even need a DL trip so there’s a good shot he will only miss one turn in the rotation with all the off days in April. 

Ok so Matz looked very sharp today against one of the best lineups in not only baseball but one of the best in a long time. Correa mashes lefties anyhow so only he did the damage. 9K’s, didn’t go into usual meltdown mode after the HR, had Altuve at 3-1 count and came back to K him. Attacked the zone and most importantly......0 walks! 

He just won a rotation spot IMO. I flip flop my opinion on him going to Vegas haha

1 hour ago, Tierlifer said:

Anyone else immediately think of Mr. Vargas from Fast Times instead of Jason Vargas?

in all seriousness I read a tweet from Rubin saying Nats pitchers Drew Storen had same injury in ST 2015 and didn’t even need a DL trip so there’s a good shot he will only miss one turn in the rotation with all the off days in April. 

Ok so Matz looked very sharp today against one of the best lineups in not only baseball but one of the best in a long time. Correa mashes lefties anyhow so only he did the damage. 9K’s, didn’t go into usual meltdown mode after the HR, had Altuve at 3-1 count and came back to K him. Attacked the zone and most importantly......0 walks! 

He just won a rotation spot IMO. I flip flop my opinion on him going to Vegas haha

Yes..I watched today,Matz is sure to be in the opening day list of starters...for how long is anybody's guess. The game was only on the Houston feed for me..I wish they would have mentioned something about his off speed stuff..but I realize,especially during ST the home announcing crews really focus on upcoming talent and beaucoup amounts of jipper -jabber.

8 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Yes..I watched today,Matz is sure to be in the opening day list of starters...for how long is anybody's guess. The game was only on the Houston feed for me..I wish they would have mentioned something about his off speed stuff..but I realize,especially during ST the home announcing crews really focus on upcoming talent and beaucoup amounts of jipper -jabber.

I wonder how long Sandy sticks with A-Gon? He looks absolutely fried. I tend to give vets the benefit of the doubt in ST (Frazier hasn't had a great ST), but he just looks like toast. It's too bad Smith got hurt for the first time in his entire career this ST because all he had to do was hit .250 and could have probably won the job. I hope they at least platoon Flores at 1B until they ride out Agon. 

Knowing Alderson, he will at least give him 3 or so weeks of April to let Gonzalez wake up. Not at all happy about it but I don't see them cutting ties with him for at least a few weeks.

Nice too see Frazier hit a double. I know a lot were happy about that signing but he will provide a rock solid D, hit you 25 or so bombs and knock on 75 or more than I am A-ok with that.  

3 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

I wonder how long Sandy sticks with A-Gon? He looks absolutely fried. I tend to give vets the benefit of the doubt in ST (Frazier hasn't had a great ST), but he just looks like toast. It's too bad Smith got hurt for the first time in his entire career this ST because all he had to do was hit .250 and could have probably won the job. I hope they at least platoon Flores at 1B until they ride out Agon. 

Knowing Alderson, he will at least give him 3 or so weeks of April to let Gonzalez wake up. Not at all happy about it but I don't see them cutting ties with him for at least a few weeks.

Nice too see Frazier hit a double. I know a lot were happy about that signing but he will provide a rock solid D, hit you 25 or so bombs and knock on 75 or more than I am A-ok with that.  

My guess is we'll see a lot of Bruce and Wilmer at 1B.  Gonzalez is an automatic out, which the Mets cannot afford.  He'll be getting thrown out at first on balls that reach the outfield.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My guess is we'll see a lot of Bruce and Wilmer at 1B.  Gonzalez is an automatic out, which the Mets cannot afford.  He'll be getting thrown out at first on balls that reach the outfield.

Agree but with less than a week left in call, shouldn’t Bruce at least start getting some reps at 1B? I don’t see what trotting Gonzalez out there is going to do. Bruce was the emergency 1B plan if Agon bombs (which he appears to be doing) and if Smith underwhelms again. Well he’s hurt soooooo I’m just baffled why Bruce is getting no looks in exhibition games. At least let him brush the dust off. ??‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

Agree but with less than a week left in call, shouldn’t Bruce at least start getting some reps at 1B? I don’t see what trotting Gonzalez out there is going to do. Bruce was the emergency 1B plan if Agon bombs (which he appears to be doing) and if Smith underwhelms again. Well he’s hurt soooooo I’m just baffled why Bruce is getting no looks in exhibition games. At least let him brush the dust off. ??‍♂️

I honestly don't want Bruce at 1B.  I'd much rather roll with Flores and hope he can hit consistently.

I'd also like to see them carefully accelerate Peter Alonso's progression.  He did very well in Binghamton last year ....

https://www.mlb.com/video/top-prospects-alonso-nym/c-1223721083?tid=52578994

Edited by Gugny

7 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

This might be asking for much..but I want .265 ish from Frazier..the 25 dingers is a must.On a positive note...Harvey is going strong this afternoon.(gave up a solo shot)

Edited by Misterbluesky

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I honestly don't want Bruce at 1B.  I'd much rather roll with Flores and hope he can hit consistently.

I'd also like to see them carefully accelerate Peter Alonso's progression.  He did very well in Binghamton last year ....

https://www.mlb.com/video/top-prospects-alonso-nym/c-1223721083?tid=52578994

Like I said before..Wilmer at first.4 games left now in Fla..if that move is to be made..he should see every start there imo. Gonzalez went yard today..Frazier is down to .185 now and Reyes ...oh my.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

This might be asking for much..but I want .265 ish from Frazier..the 25 dingers is a must.On a positive note...Harvey is going strong this afternoon.(gave up a solo shot)

Exactly the numbers I'll be happy with from Frazier - in addition to solid defense.

7 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

I don't want to sound like a ass..but I really think those long bus roadies out west will do him some good.I will give him props for getting in shape before ST started..but he was penciled in to start game one and was late on arrival...he started off on the wrong foot...either he will wake up quick..or he will end up being labled as a lazy bust.

I live on Binghamton and go to a lot of Rumble Pony games...I got to see Alonso play in his very brief call up last August. There is some sheer, true and raw power there. The sound of the crack off his bat is spectacular. He hit them on to the rail yard beyond LF with ease.  However...he is an absolutely butcher with the glove so  I'm hoping he works on there. It really is as bad as advertised.

Agree with the rest on Flores but once Conforto comes back then Nimmo is odd man out unfortunately unless you stick Bruce at 1B. 

Looks like the pitchers are rounding into shape as Harvey had a very encouraging outing yesterday against the Cards A squad. Looks like he mixed in his slider/change up with his fastball according to the Cards radio guy I had on XM.  Good signs but of course I am cautiously optimistic. Since he pitched against the Cards and that's who they play opening series I'm assuming that means the opening series will be Noah, Jake and then Matz on Easter Sunday. Only 8 more days!!!   LGM

5 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

I live on Binghamton and go to a lot of Rumble Pony games...I got to see Alonso play in his very brief call up last August. There is some sheer, true and raw power there. The sound of the crack off his bat is spectacular. He hit them on to the rail yard beyond LF with ease.  However...he is an absolutely butcher with the glove so  I'm hoping he works on there. It really is as bad as advertised.

Agree with the rest on Flores but once Conforto comes back then Nimmo is odd man out unfortunately unless you stick Bruce at 1B. 

Looks like the pitchers are rounding into shape as Harvey had a very encouraging outing yesterday against the Cards A squad. Looks like he mixed in his slider/change up with his fastball according to the Cards radio guy I had on XM.  Good signs but of course I am cautiously optimistic. Since he pitched against the Cards and that's who they play opening series I'm assuming that means the opening series will be Noah, Jake and then Matz on Easter Sunday. Only 8 more days!!!   LGM

LET'S GO METS!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Conforto played in a minor league game today and hit not 1 but 2!!!!!!!! Hr's off get this.......to LEFTIES this morning. One of them being Tim Peterson, their top draft pick last year. Yes it's only minor leaguers and basically a simulated game for the most part but to me that is EXCELLENT news.  Everything I have read from the Met beat writers on twitter is they expect him back before the original May 1 date.  Just think of how the lineup will lengthen when he gets back.  

And I apologize if I am hogging the thread on here, I'm a bit of a chatterbox when it comes to the Mets and just consider myself lucky that I found a good board that I can talk both of my favorite teams Mets and Bills.  

1 hour ago, Tierlifer said:

Conforto played in a minor league game today and hit not 1 but 2!!!!!!!! Hr's off get this.......to LEFTIES this morning. One of them being Tim Peterson, their top draft pick last year. Yes it's only minor leaguers and basically a simulated game for the most part but to me that is EXCELLENT news.  Everything I have read from the Met beat writers on twitter is they expect him back before the original May 1 date.  Just think of how the lineup will lengthen when he gets back.  

And I apologize if I am hogging the thread on here, I'm a bit of a chatterbox when it comes to the Mets and just consider myself lucky that I found a good board that I can talk both of my favorite teams Mets and Bills.  

Not hogging anything, man.  This is awesome dialogue!