Venezuela's Fall Into Dictatorship

Lowering the top marginal rates brought in significantly increased tax revenue under Reagan. The term "trickle down" was coined by detractors of supply side economics, and is a buzz word used by leftists. Your bias is showing. I see you don't refer to JFK's fiscal policy in the same terms, yet he also supported lowering the top marginal rates.

I don't know if you're unaware or just biased, but congress controls spending. During the Regan years, congress outspent the windfall tax revenue by approximately two-to-one. It's impossible to spend your way out of debt.

And adding "jmo" is not an effective insulator against criticism when saying something ridiculous.

So if Congress was pumping all the money into the economy--even more than the tax cuts--why can't you see through your bias that it was that that increased revenue taken in? Tax revenue increase because of public investment

It was mainly due our manufacturing capabilities escaped unscathed from WWII we became the world's major producer of many products. Add to that the returning service men and women along with the euphoria of the depression and the war finally behind us. Mickey Mouse could have been President and the country would have boomed.

Living through an era doesn't mean you understand anything about it.

Oh? Nothing to do with the biggest public works project in American history?? I'm sure our economy would have been great without a friggin highway system duh!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tax rates under Eisenhower were very high to pay for WWII, the depression , and rebuild Europe and Japan. He was my favorite President of all time. The U.S. economy was booming under him.

JFK did dial the tax rate back at the right time.

Congress controls spending. Did Reagan veto that spending for 8 years ?

But few people paid anything near the highest rates. The tax laws were so convoluted and the tax shelters were so byzantine that the IRS spent more time trying to police the loopholes than in collecting taxes.

Google Billy Sol Estes. He was an LBJ chum.

I'll clarify it.

He's a commie.

So if the 2 favorite Presidents in my lifetime are Republicans Eisenhower , and H. Bush plus I wanted Kasich to be elected in 2016,

so that makes me a commie ?

It was mainly due our manufacturing capabilities escaped unscathed from WWII we became the world's major producer of many products. Add to that the returning service men and women along with the euphoria of the depression and the war finally behind us. Mickey Mouse could have been President and the country would have boomed.

Living through an era doesn't mean you understand anything about it.

So if we kept our manufacturing jobs instead of outsourcing , and had fair trade instead of unfair trade we could have less national debt?

Millions of manufacturing jobs with health insur , not p/t min wage no benefits. Jobs that paid fed and state income taxes.

Tens of thousands of factories that paid property and school taxes to keep cities and towns running .

Your right Eisenhower compares to mickey mouse , not. That is why the national debt is out of control

So if we kept our manufacturing jobs instead of outsourcing , and had fair trade instead of unfair trade we could have less national debt?

Millions of manufacturing jobs with health insur , not p/t min wage no benefits. Jobs that paid fed and state income taxes.

Tens of thousands of factories that paid property and school taxes to keep cities and towns running .

Your right Eisenhower compares to mickey mouse , not. That is why the national debt is out of control

What does the part in bold have to do with Eisenhower?

What does the part in bold have to do with Eisenhower?

It means if you don't want manufacturing jobs and factories in this country to pay taxes , then Chef Jim can pick up the tab.

Edited by ALF

It means if you don't want manufacturing jobs and factories in this country to pay taxes , then Chef Jim can pick up the tab.

So when I asked you what Eisenhower had to do with the booming economy "I don't know" would have been an acceptable answer. Instead you proceed with this series of convoluted posts. :wacko:

So when I asked you what Eisenhower had to do with the booming economy "I don't know" would have been an acceptable answer. Instead you proceed with this series of convoluted posts. :wacko:

Just keep increasing the national debt, everything will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on this?

Yes, Comrade Hugo is taking the wealth back from the greedy capitalists and giving it to the people of Venezuela!! The playing field has been leveled!! Sean Penn is coming down to join the celebration!!

Oh wait, what year is this again?

• 2 months later...

Horrible. We are watching democracy in Venezuela, Turkey, and Eastern Europe crumble. Not a good sign.

State security agents reportedly took two of Venezuelas opposition leaders from their homes in the middle of the night Tuesday, in the aftermath of a widely condemned vote granting President Nicolàs Maduro nearly unlimited powers. A video appeared to show opposition leader and former Caracas Mayor Antonio Ledezma being taken from his home while a woman screamed for help. Theyre taking Ledezma! she says. Its a dictatorship! Another opposition leader, Leopoldo Lopez, was apparently dragged from his home after midnight by security forces, in a video shared by Lopezs wife. Theyve just taken Leopoldo from the house, Lilian Tintori posted on Twitter. We dont know where he is or where theyre taking him. Both of the men had recently posted videos online criticizing Màduro, according to the Associated Press.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/police-drag-2-venezuela-opposition-leaders-from-their-homes

Eastern Europe?

You're a special kind of stupid.

Eastern European countries are exerting their democratic rights against an unelected, authoritarian EU. They, better than anyone, understand what tyranny from afar is.

Authoritarian EU? Lol, whatever. You are funny