Changes coming to Bills front office?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then please tell us all why you approve of Whaley and the FO.

...NEVER said I approve of Whaley (and if you're inferring Brandon in the FO that is a dead issue; Pegula removed him from any "say"; the Wrecks debacle was a Brandon thing for tickets; Terry learned that lesson IMO)......I will give you an objective analysis of Whaley, an OPINION if you will, because I am neither FOR or AGAINST.....he is a decent personnel guy, probably in the top 15 of GM's league wide....mistakes?...of course, they all do.....positive hits?.....again they all do.....CONCERN? coming from the Steelers pedigree, does he want to be more like DonoHOLE, the personnel control freak who dictated personnel to subordinating (low paid; ie. Greggy Williams at $900K/yr) HC's....or....did more of Kevin Colbert rub off on him, specifically that GM/HC MUST be a tandem partnership?.....if I were Whaley, I'd be pissed that Wrecks showed up at OBD and dismantled my work to get Bflo's defense into the top 5 with apparent FULL support from Pegula because he bought Brandon Boy's sell job.....now enter McCoach and by all accounts, Pegula is sold on him....quite frankly, so am I SO FAR as a straight shooter, no nonsense/all football business guy focused on WINNING...for what it is worth, I think he now has final say as to WHO he will be coaching between the stripes if that is HIS responsibility.....although NOT published, I'd bet that Pegula sent a message to make it work between the two of them, so DW may have to change his ways at the end of the day....

...NEVER said I approve of Whaley (and if you're inferring Brandon in the FO that is a dead issue; Pegula removed him from any "say"; the Wrecks debacle was a Brandon thing for tickets; Terry learned that lesson IMO)......I will give you an objective analysis of Whaley, an OPINION if you will, because I am neither FOR or AGAINST.....he is a decent personnel guy, probably in the top 15 of GM's league wide....mistakes?...of course, they all do.....positive hits?.....again they all do.....CONCERN? coming from the Steelers pedigree, does he want to be more like DonoHOLE, the personnel control freak who dictated personnel to subordinating (low paid; ie. Greggy Williams at $900K/yr) HC's....or....did more of Kevin Colbert rub off on him, specifically that GM/HC MUST be a tandem partnership?.....if I were Whaley, I'd be pissed that Wrecks showed up at OBD and dismantled my work to get Bflo's defense into the top 5 with apparent FULL support from Pegula because he bought Brandon Boy's sell job.....now enter McCoach and by all accounts, Pegula is sold on him....quite frankly, so am I SO FAR as a straight shooter, no nonsense/all football business guy focused on WINNING...for what it is worth, I think he now has final say as to WHO he will be coaching between the stripes if that is HIS responsibility.....although NOT published, I'd bet that Pegula sent a message to make it work between the two of them, so DW may have to change his ways at the end of the day....

Any GM that claimed EJ had the "it" factor, pushed him on different coaching staffs, and yet wanted Taylor gone, is a bad drafter overall and cannot get along with Coaches is not GM quality to me.

Any GM that claimed EJ had the "it" factor, pushed him on different coaching staffs, and yet wanted Taylor gone, is a bad drafter overall and cannot get along

with Coaches is not GM quality to me.

who says he doesn't get along with coaches besides LaConfora and Carucci who are wrong far more then right

Any GM that claimed EJ had the "it" factor, pushed him on different coaching staffs, and yet wanted Taylor gone, is a bad drafter overall and cannot get along with Coaches is not GM quality to me.

...so then ONE wrong make a trend?....if that was the mantra, there would be 32 GM openings annually.....Pegula is a scientist by trade, a HIGHLY analytical and methodical lot....look at the Sabres model....tons of fans wanted Regier gone but TP waited until he assessed the snake's true colors (ie. made Lindy the scapegoat).....Darcy is selling tacos somewhere in Phoenix.....so Whaley should heed the example and realize that TP means business and has given McCoach quite a bit of control....and what if a QB pick has McCoach's fingerprints on it?....want him gone too?......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

...so then ONE wrong make a trend?....if that was the mantra, there would be 32 GM openings annually.....Pegula is a scientist by trade, a HIGHLY analytical and methodical lot....look at the Sabres model....tons of fans wanted Regier gone but TP waited until he assessed the snake's true colors (ie. made Lindy the scapegoat).....Darcy is selling tacos somewhere in Phoenix.....so Whaley should heed the example and realize that TP means business and has given McCoach quite a bit of control....and what if a QB pick has McCoach's fingerprints on it?....want him gone too?......

Do you actually hold anyone responsible for this drought? Before Whaley and now with him?Whaley is going on his fifth year as GM. Not enough time I suppose. Just a lot of bad luck.

ONE wrong? 2013 draft was awful except for Woods, EJ sux, Duke Williams sux, Meeks sux, Goodwin sux, we traded Kiko but he was merely average

Since there was no one else there to answer questions, among the questions that needed to be answered was who made the decision to bench Tyrod Taylor.

Lynn essentially answered the question by saying he wasn't in the room when that decision was made. Obviously, the follow up questions were whether he was OK with that and what his thoughts were moving forward with EJ Manuel and/or Cardale.

And obviously, there were numerous follow up questions on QB, since there were injury questions involved and questions about Tyrod's future.

The questions presented Anthony weren't done in a vacuum, they were merely to get at what Lynn knew to be the truth.

It's also quite clear that Lynn was unhappy to be placed into that position and left to dangle because the GM -- whom numerous asked to speak to -- declined all interview requests.

Had Whaley deemed to make himself available and not spend the practice period open to the media hiding in the off-limits weight-room area, then Lynn and the Bills would not be placed in a decision to be exposed to what occurred.

Otherwise, Lynn was not pestered about who fired Rex.

jw

Both sides of the coin fell true. Lynn was billed as a stand up guy and his performance on and off the field landed him a HC job. Whaley had his share of mistakes before the presser and his responses eliminated any doubt that this guy can be the face of an organization.

Do you actually hold anyone responsible for this drought? Before Whaley and now with him?Whaley is going on his fifth year as GM. Not enough time I suppose. Just a lot of bad luck.

....sure as hell do.....look at the 2000's....Butler left the club in cap jail...RW hires DonoHOLE who HAD to be named "El Presidente", THE first in the club's history...why?...Tommy's legendary ego.....complete and total control over personnel.....and he hired cheap ass HC's who would cave to his every demand.....Greggy "Airhorn" Williams at $900K?.....hell the beerman was paid more.....Winfiled, Fat Pat, the Losman deal, etc......turning my stomach.....and then because he violated RW's trust, we get "re-tired" Marv with new Firestones and Brandon in charge leading to Jauron, Gailey, etc....bottom line is it was the debacle decade with NON-football people masquerading as football people trying to run a football operation that mimicked Barnum & Bailey....set this franchise back a decade IMO....Nix, despite his faults and perhaps being past his prime, was the FIRST stab at a football person calling football shots....the success of an organization starts AT THE TOP....and the "TOP was uglier than ugly" IMO......55 YEARS just boiling over I guess................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

who was the GM in 2013?

Whaley was in the draft room for the free drinks I guess

2014 Watkins (overpaid with picks) after that, Kouandjio, Preston Brown, Ross Cockrell, Cyril Richardson, Randall Johnson and Henderson. But you will probably tell me he wasnt the GM that year either. The guys he selects are either awful or not on the team anymore

How about the picture of them on the practice field at each others faces and reporters that they were roaring at each other and had to be separated?

Link to photo please.

yep, he's also responsible for 9/11, the Kennedy assassination, Vietnam and Nancy Pelosi

show me tape of him at any of those events and I will show you tape of him in the 2013 draft room. Let me guess, when you see Russ in the war room you also are under the impression that he wasn't sticking his nose where it didn't belong. BTW I love how you completely ignored that 2014 draft since you had no one to pin it on besides DW

....sure as hell do.....look at the 2000's....Butler left the club in cap jail...RW hires DonoHOLE who HAD to be named "El Presidente", THE first in the club's history...why?...Tommy's legendary ego.....complete and total control over personnel.....and he hired cheap ass HC's who would cave to his every demand.....Greggy "Airhorn" Williams at $900K?.....hell the beerman was paid more.....Winfiled, Fat Pat, the Losman deal, etc......turning my stomach.....and then because he violated RW's trust, we get "re-tired" Marv with new Firestones and Brandon in charge leading to Jauron, Gailey, etc....bottom line is it was the debacle decade with NON-football people masquerading as football people trying to run a football operation that mimicked Barnum & Bailey....set this franchise back a decade IMO....Nix, despite his faults and perhaps being past his prime, was the FIRST stab at a football person calling football shots....the success of an organization starts AT THE TOP....and the "TOP was uglier than ugly" IMO......55 YEARS just boiling over I guess................

^^^^^ This is the GODs honest TRUTH! ^^^^^

The team is just starting to recover from being on "life support" for the better part of a decade.

yep, he's also responsible for 9/11, the Kennedy assassination, Vietnam and Nancy Pelosi

Ahem... you forgot Roswell, NM. I heard that Whaley was the one who ordered the debris to be taken to Area 51.

Honest question

THere are many that want to see Whaley gone

To those that do...what do you think will change with the new GMS that is brought in....specifically?

I don't know what would change, but here is what I hope would change...

Hopefully the new GM would handle the draft differently. More standing pat and trading down to stockpile picks instead of targeting players for trading up and losing picks. I would hope the new GM would put more resources into finding that elusive franchise QB. Taylor is a nice placeholder, but this team needs a franchise guy.

The new GM should be able to do a better job of cap management and putting together a complete roster that isn't as top heavy, with improved depth, and has less holes with more character guys that put football and team first. The new GM should also be better at massaging the free agency process to get valuable compensatory picks, this goes hand in hand with drafting better and having more picks. Also the new guy should be a better leader than Whaley, get along better with the coaching staff, and have much better communication skills and presence.

Also with a new GM the power structure should change with the coach reporting to the GM who reports to ownership. No more of this crap where they both report to ownership independently. Anyway thats my 2 cents.

Edited by Billy Zabka