MMQB: why Kaepernick and RGIII not on NFL rosters

Hmm. EJ is the best backup in the NFL right ? ;-)

ej is a good backup qb.

in my perfect world, i would love to get theodore bridgewater as a backup qb to taylor. when/if bridgewater fully recovers it would be great to see him take over taylors spot.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ej is a good backup qb.

in my perfect world, i would love to get theodore bridgewater as a backup qb to taylor. when/if bridgewater fully recovers it would be great to see him take over taylors spot.

ej is a good backup qb.

...SURE hope the kid does...injury was as ugly as Theismann's....Teddy was fun to watch............

.....he's on a roster and they are NOT...now what??............

If I had to guess I'd say a 5-11 season complete with benching followed by another massive paycut.

Why what did they do last season?

That is what being real is about. What have you done for me lately.

Being real is realizing Taylor will never compete w rg3's rookie season or Kap's 2 super bowl runs

You already know this.

Enjoy the pocket passing woes gentleman.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

If I had to guess I'd say a 5-11 season complete with benching followed by another massive paycut.

Being real is realizing Taylor will never compete w rg3's rookie season or Kap's 2 super bowl runs

You already know this.

Enjoy the pocket passing woes gentleman.

Well.....at least your keeping it real that your guessing

I still think Kaep has game. Sure he looked bad on SF last year but they had nothing. In his best years though he never threw the ball 20 times a game. He'd never be a QB that could pass a team to a comeback victory.

RG3 bought his own hype and tried to survive on athleticism over skill. In a league with elite athletes that won't work.

This is a pretty meh article.

Pocket passers are better because NFL defenses are really fast. Wow. Pretty groundbreaking.

Yet it's worth repeating because plenty of folks get sucked in every time we see another running QB who is going to 'revolutionize' the QB position after chewing up some college defenses.

People here actually want the Bills to sign RG3. It's unreal.

I'd say there are parallels to their play style, but to me Taylor is more of a passing QB than these other two. While Kaep and Griffin struggle to get past the first read, start watching the pressure and quickly bail and run. I find that Taylor scrambles and continues to look for targets down field and is an opportunistic runner. While he might still struggle reading the whole field from the pocket, he's still trying to throw the ball.

Some people like to rail on "4 years a back-up and 2 years starting! He is what he is!" I disagree. I think pocket awareness and reading the field can get better with live action experience and Taylor strikes me as a guy who recognizes his weaknesses and will work hard to improve in those areas. Most QBs in the league can do it in practice, a live game is entirely different and some players acclimate slower than others. We don't know who he is yet, but I hope he gets there soon.

I think this good assessment of Taylor.

The biggest trick the Kaep ever pulled was convincing the world there was more to him than just a knee.

He's not on a roster for the same reason I'm not on a roster: he's not good enough.

Ditto with RG3 but this is not news.

I'm sorry, but Kaepernick is just as good as EJ Manuel, Chase Daniels and they just got signed by NFL teams. Hell, I'll go as far as calling Kaepernick "Tyrod 2.0"

ej is a good backup qb.

Is Bridgewater out for this upcoming season?

I'm sorry, but Kaepernick is just as good as EJ Manuel, Chase Daniels and they just got signed by NFL teams. Hell, I'll go as far as calling Kaepernick "Tyrod 2.0"

I'm sure that if Kaep wanted to play for the $800k that EJ signed for, he would be on someone's roster.

Taylor is better than RGIII and better than this broken down version of Kaep. But he isn't the answer, my view on that is well known.

The question was about the future of those 2 players. I only mentioned Tyrod because there are some similarities with the way he has had some success (however limited) and the success Kaep had in the same offense.

One of the things I will agree with about the article.....fast defenses give TT trouble and we saw that last year

We need to counteract that with a strong two TE passing attack....when we cant be faster we need to be more physical

Joe Thomas tweet says it all:

My thoughts re: @Kaepernick7? Teams don't currently view him as a starting QB, and NFL teams accept ZERO distractions from their backup QBs.

https://mobile.twitter.com/joethomas73/status/845636712915238913?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yardbarker.com%2Fnfl%2Farticles%2Fbrowns_pro_bowler_joe_thomas_has_interesting_take_on_colin_kaepernick%2Fs1_12680_23555278

The biggest trick the Kaep ever pulled was convincing the world there was more to him than just a knee.

He's not on a roster for the same reason I'm not on a roster: he's not good enough.

Ditto with RG3 but this is not news.

And why is EJ on a roster? Or Geno Smith? If you had to win one game, and your options were EJ, Geno or Kaepernick it would be hard to imagine Kaepernick wouldn't be the choice 10 out of 10 times.

Nobody really wanted him this year, maybe Browns? was that confirmed? It's why he's back in Buffalo at an enormous price reduction. I think TT has a worse year this year than last, new HC, new OC, way tougher schedule, I can't imagine the rush game being as good, it was epic last year. For me there are a lot of things going against him this year, and if he isn't as good what market will there be for him? Not much IMO.

There is a big difference between nobody wanting him as a starter at a high price and nobody wanting him as a starter period. Texans for example would have surely offered him a deal in a heartbeat to be their starter. Just may not have been big money.

ej is a good backup qb.

Glad you are not making decisions. In what world is EJ a good back up? He's failed every test as the back up miserably. The London debacle is well documented. And he looked terrible last year against a really bad Jets team.

And Bridgewater? He was nothing special even before the injury. He had what 14 TDs in 2015?