Bills Likely Pick- Wide Receiver at #10 and Beyond

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes will be the #2 and will excel. I'm predicting 65 catches, 850 yards and 5 TDs atleast.

Kolby Listenbee will be heard from this spring, people have forgotten he was one of the fastest WRs at the combine with a double sports hernia, since repaired.

I like Holmes....but predicting that a player is going to have larger numbers then he has had anywhere else in his career in passing offenses is a bit much......What I think he is a excellent number 3 (we actually have a glutton of those now)

Kolbe....he hasnt played an NFL down.......would love love for him to work out....but that cannot be counted on.

We NEED quality pass catcher's and those are going to be found in the top of the draft

Everything that I have read about this year's WR class says that it is deep but lacks star power at the top.

ok....it might be true....but I think Corey Davis has the good

Its Corey Davis or OJ Howard for me

I like Holmes....but predicting that a player is going to have larger numbers then he has had anywhere else in his career in passing offenses is a bit much......What I think he is a excellent number 3 (we actually have a glutton of those now)

Kolbe....he hasnt played an NFL down.......would love love for him to work out....but that cannot be counted on.

We NEED quality pass catcher's and those are going to be found in the top of the draft

Holmes has talent. He answered the bell when it rang in Oakland. I can see him being a solid possession guy and producing the numbers I said. He'll get some red zone looks just because of his height as well.

Listenbee is unproven but I wouldn't underestimate him, he's fast as **** and can track and highpoint the longball. I'm betting he'll burn a few guys while he learns the game.

I'd love another young talent at WR too, not at 10 though.

Taking a CB in the first round would be another management failure. You fail to lock up a starting CB longterm and the first off-season he leaves you spend a top 10 pick on that same position? More spinning wheels. I don't deny that it is a need, but boy does it look bad for management.

how much does a first round draft pick cost you as compared to Gilmore?

who likely did not want to be here.

You cannot retain every successful draft pick.

If at ten you can find CB that can start and likely play well soon? You might want to pick him at ten. and in about four years, pick another one

The defensive back talent in this draft is super deep, but not so much for offensive playmakers which I believe they need a little more than a DB, especially if they stay at 10 and don't drop back some. I'm 100% on board with OJ Howard, he's a freak athlete and is a matchup nightmare for LBs and DBs. After watching Gronkowski kill 'em for the past seven years I'm hoping they're thinking it's time they get their own Gronk. Mike Williams and Corey Davis are also options. I don't think John Ross is in the mix because I believe they're going to hope Listenbee can turn into their "take the top off a defense" guy.

Usually first year coaches draft in line with their philosophy so defense makes a lot of sense given the type of coach McDermott is, but after they signed Hyde and Poyer (pencil 'em in as starters right meow) I think they might be able to wait until later for DBs and get an offensive playmaker early on.

The defensive back talent in this draft is super deep, but not so much for offensive playmakers which I believe they need a little more than a DB, especially if they stay at 10 and don't drop back some. I'm 100% on board with OJ Howard, he's a freak athlete and is a matchup nightmare for LBs and DBs. After watching Gronkowski kill 'em for the past seven years I'm hoping they're thinking it's time they get their own Gronk. Mike Williams and Corey Davis are also options. I don't think John Ross is in the mix because I believe they're going to hope Listenbee can turn into their "take the top off a defense" guy.

Usually first year coaches draft in line with their philosophy so defense makes a lot of sense given the type of coach McDermott is, but after they signed Hyde and Poyer (pencil 'em in as starters right meow) I think they might be able to wait until later for DBs and get an offensive playmaker early on.

No to a broken necked WR at 10. Or a small schooled,broken footed one either. At 18? Maybe. But not top 10.

If the Bills don't go WR in round one (maybe they trade down).............

Chris Godwin is a name to keep an eye on in round two.

I guess the biggest question for the Bills might be is does Ross, Williams, Davis provide more value at 10 or does waiting to draft Godwin at 44 present bigger value?

Who knows, but Godwin is a name to keep an eye on.

well said. it will improve the offense in so many ways including TT's numbers. He needs guys that can get separation like top tier athletic receivers.

Edited by jethro_tull

Why do Bills fans want a #2 WR when there is a LB being called one of the best LBs to ever come out possibly there? Reuben Foster will be the leader of our defense for 10 years. He is the LB we have been waiting for. I also like Adams. If Adams and Foster are gone then you look to trade down.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I don't think our Bills will select any player with regard to any specific position, be it WR, C, S, or whatever

I think they will take a player they think is a potential game changing addition over the next 5 years

That's because none of the backup FA's we signed this off season that folks here 'predict' will have breakout transformational seasons

Are likely to even be playing in the NFL let alone a Bill by the time our first round pick's contract is up

That might be the case with our second round pick as well

jc

Yeah - thinking if Adams, Hooker or Foster fall to 1-10, you take him. Otherwise you looking trade down with Davis as a fallback option if you can't trade

Whaley has a thing for players that were big time high school hyped up recruits and also carried it over to college. Reuben Foster was the #2 player in the country. There is zero chance Whaley is passing on this guy. I happen to think he will go before our pick, but every Bills fan should be hoping he falls to 10. If he is gone then they try and trade down, thats possibly when the WR's and TE come into play.

I think the best move for Buffalo is to look at a trade for a WR. They really need a veteran presence at WR,

Why do Bills fans want a #2 WR when there is a LB being called one of the best LBs to ever come out possibly there? Reuben Foster will be the leader of our defense for 10 years. He is the LB we have been waiting for. I also like Adams. If Adams and Foster are gone then you look to trade down.

Especially after the way Bell and Ajayi embarrassed us. I wouldn't be mad at a WR but I'd like to see

them sure up the front 7. Foster is serious business

Edited by CNY315

Taking a CB in the first round would be another management failure. You fail to lock up a starting CB longterm and the first off-season he leaves you spend a top 10 pick on that same position? More spinning wheels. I don't deny that it is a need, but boy does it look bad for management.

You are 100% correct. All I heard was that since we are playing zone, CB isn't as important now therefore it's stupid to pay all that money for Gilmore. You can't say that then sit there and draft one 10 overall. Not to mention when the cap hit of Gilmore this year is less than what his cap hit was last year. If CB is such a need in this defense, you should have signed Gilmore.

Denison won't use the same exact philosophy with Denver as he will do with Buffalo.

They passed more because they did not have a run game and a more traditional pocket passer.

Since we have a better tight end, he should be more incorporate him more.

Which is exactly what we need instead of a RB who can throw a football

I think williams or Davis could absolutely be 1B types.

I am not oppose to taking one at all in the first.

However, that being said I feel like there are a handful of kids who could be very good #2s in the NFL. If sammy can stay healthy and we find a way to get clay involved we might be able to get away with more of a #2.

Especially after the way Bell and Ajayi embarrassed us. I wouldn't be mad at a WR but I'd like to see

Another thing is Corey Davis was a small recruit. I cant see Whaley drafting him. He has clear trends to his 1st 2 rounds in terms of the type of player he drafts. Big recruits from big programs.

Foster or either one o Barnett or Taco could be in the fold for Buffalo as well.

They didn't target any in FA which is kind of weird considering some of the things we saw this season.

Having a healthy (knock on wood) Lawson and Barnett on the ends would be nice in our division.

I mean, it'll be hard to pass on Davis or Williams, but if Foster or one of the safeties is there, I think you gotta take them.

I mean, it'll be hard to pass on Davis or Williams, but if Foster or one of the safeties is there, I think you gotta take them.