Are the Bills hoping another team signs Gillislee?

This should not be an issue for the Bills, but once again they create an issue.

You cannot rebuild every unit every year.

example....Seattle has kept the majority of their D backs in tact through out the past 5 years and worked on other areas each season.

We had a good D back field coming along and suddenly we now have only of the 4 left. regardless of reason (salary or injury) you must keep your strengths to allow you drafting and focus on your weak areas. 3 years ago we had so many up and coming wide receivers and tight ends we cut people like Hogan and lost Chandler and started playing with a strength position to the point we were so desperate we had to pay Harvin $2m for 6 catches (as I recall). That took time away from working omn other weak areas.

Last year RB was a strength of this team. Now we rip it apart and spend countless amounts of energy and perhaps a draft choice that needs to be spent elsewhere.

We are doing the same with LB's rather than working on the created wideout weakness and the Oline.

These constant efforts to destroy your own strengths come at great costs. 17 years no playoffs.

Agree to most extents. The premise of building units to a strength and focussing on others mostly.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

currently, on our team

whats hard to understand about a restricted free agent status? We put a contract out to him, he is forced to play under that contract, if another team offers him a contract instead, the Bills have the right to match it and keep him - which I would fully expect us to do...

Use a tissue and sop up your tears and fear not

expecting us top match and doing it are different issues. The point is we have a long term habit of destroying good units before we fix the poor units and thus can never get ahead.

I have wiped up my tears of laughter from reading your postings. You must be once miserable SOB

@jumosq

According to Spotrac, 18 running backs have signed this offseason. Only one of them signed a deal longer than two seasons.

Only two signed a contract worth more than $1.37 M guaranteed. League-wide. The outlier in both? Danny Woodhead coming off injury at 32.

If that doesn't tell you that the league is trending toward pass-catchers, I don't know what will. Shotgun/passing % is only going up.

Just can't see anyone giving up a 5th and a big contract for a backup RB with this draft and the starting caliber guys still out there. We will know by 4/21.

@jumosq

According to Spotrac, 18 running backs have signed this offseason. Only one of them signed a deal longer than two seasons.

Only two signed a contract worth more than $1.37 M guaranteed. League-wide. The outlier in both? Danny Woodhead coming off injury at 32.

If that doesn't tell you that the league is trending toward pass-catchers, I don't know what will. Shotgun/passing % is only going up.

Just can't see anyone giving up a 5th and a big contract for a backup RB with this draft and the starting caliber guys still out there. We will know by 4/21.

Let's hope so and that the Bills get another bigger back like Gillislee with a late value pick or in UDFA so it doesn't become a "need" when Shady gets cut next year and MG is a free agent again.

There should never be a need to take a RB in early rounds........or give out a nonsensical extension like they gave McCoy.........even if you run the ball a lot.......simply draft RB's later in drafts like this one where they are in good supply.

Happens every few years and even in years where the crop isn't as deep there are usually sleepers that can give you a lot of productive carries to be had.

• 4 weeks later...

4 million for a backup RB? Bills would get flamed nationally if they would have signed him for this much. But the Pats are geniuses right? The same geniuses that paid Chris Hogan 3.7 million more than he got in Buffalo the year before. And caught a whopping TWO more balls from the great Tom Brady!! A lot of tools out there🔨

YES! Bump a month old Gillislee thread so that there are two threads about him at the top of page 1.

Yeah, seeing that what just happened was discussed a month is more than appropriate. There sure is a bunch of miserable pricks on this board. Anything else that you want to complain about??

Yeah, seeing that what just happened was discussed a month is more than appropriate. There sure is a bunch of miserable pricks on this board. Anything else that you want to complain about??

Waaah. I bumped my own thread, and got called on it....and now I'm mad. Waaah.