Laughing Man DC Closed

plenzmd1

Exiles on U St (where Stetson's used to be) and Grand Central in Adams Morgan are both Bills bars.

I personally would avoid Bills bars b/c, quite frankly, there is no place darker on a Sunday in December than a Bills bar when they are out of the hunt.

Exiles on U St (where Stetson's used to be) and Grand Central in Adams Morgan are both Bills bars.

I personally would avoid Bills bars b/c, quite frankly, there is no place darker on a Sunday in December than a Bills bar when they are out of the hunt.

Yes, but there is no place more exhilarating after an early season meaningless win over the Pats!

Yes, but there is no place more exhilarating after an early season meaningless win over the Pats!

Actually, I watched that game (and many more) at Duffy's which, apparently, was a Pats bar that day. I sat and watched quietly and walked out with a smug grin on my face. Highlight of 2016.

Unless, of course, we played their third string QB and the Pats then went on to win the Superbowl...but yeah...we showed them.

Unless, of course, we played their third string QB and the Pats then went on to win the Superbowl...but yeah...we showed them.

Which the week before beat a playoff team soundly....

Watched the second Miami game at Grand Central while visiting the in-laws in DC and despite the crappy ending, it was still a lot of fun. The bartenders were exceedingly friendly and while it was low-key (except during the comeback), it was a cool group of fans: no obnoxiousness, quietly unified.

Only annoying thing was the DC Bills Backers would not tell me where to watch (when the Laughing Man was officially not open or showing the game) because of some sort of internecine dispute of local Bills fans.

Jimmy Old Towne Tavern in Herndon, VA is the best place to watch a Bills game in the Northern VA/DC area.

Not exactly convenient if you are in the city.

Isn't there a place in Laurel, MD SDS was involved with?

Ha ha, didn't stop anyone from predicting a sure loss. Maybe we can petition the NFL to call it a forfeit?

Did you forgot that third string QB led a 27-0 win over a playoff team the week before.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Not exactly convenient if you are in the city.

Isn't there a place in Laurel, MD SDS was involved with?

Ha ha, didn't stop anyone from predicting a sure loss. Maybe we can petition the NFL to call it a forfeit?

Did you forgot that third string QB led a 27-0 win over a playoff team the week before.

I'm not sure what's in Laurel, MD.

I know Jimmy's is a hike (I'm coming from the Stafford area). The food is really good there: Beef on Weck, Sahlen's hot dogs, kielbasa and pierogies, Canadian beer. Plus, for Bills games, the bar is decorated in Bills gear, plays the Bills shout song whenever the Bills score. It's a great atmosphere for Bills fans (especially when they're winning). For anyone that goes, I'd recommend getting there before 11:30 on game days.

Laurel is the Maryland equivalent of Herndon and equally difficult to get to. Neither are great options for those w/o a car.

The Grand Central crowd was always better than Laughing Man's. Smaller group, more knowledgable fans. They actually will hook up a computer and stream preseason games.

Can't speak to the Exile's gameday scene as I didn't find out it was a Bills bar until after the season. Solid beer selection, though, as I've been there a few times for drinks.

Again, I preferred Duffy's b/c a) awesome wings, b) extremely low key, and c) I could run home at halftime and smoke a bowl.

I'm not sure what's in Laurel, MD.

I know Jimmy's is a hike (I'm coming from the Stafford area). The food is really good there: Beef on Weck, Sahlen's hot dogs, kielbasa and pierogies, Canadian beer. Plus, for Bills games, the bar is decorated in Bills gear, plays the Bills shout song whenever the Bills score. It's a great atmosphere for Bills fans (especially when they're winning). For anyone that goes, I'd recommend getting there before 11:30 on game days.

Not much is in Laurel, MD.