Favorite Underrated Musicians

Another Fan

You'd have to think he'd throw at least a few Traffic tunes in there. Please write a review in its own thread!!

I have seen Winwood a few times in the recent past. Not only does he do some traffic tunes he added a sax player

who plays Chris Woods original work on those tunes very well imo. Also Winwoods lead guitar on Dear mr. Fantasy is timeless.

The show is far from a Traffic greatest hits revue. But no Traffic fan will be disappointed.

Now if Winwood and Dave Mason would just bury the hatchet..........

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Utopia was an excellent LP and I happened to see Todd Rundgren at the Dome Arena way way back in the day.

1977 Singring and the Glass Guitar

If you like Rundgren then check out the first Nazz album. It is always interesting how an artist can put out a song which doesn't go anywhere and then years later release it and it becomes popular.

I have seen Winwood a few times in the recent past. Not only does he do some traffic tunes he added a sax player

who plays Chris Woods original work on those tunes very well imo. Also Winwoods lead guitar on Dear mr. Fantasy is timeless.

The show is far from a Traffic greatest hits revue. But no Traffic fan will be disappointed.

Now if Winwood and Dave Mason would just bury the hatchet..........

That would be a show I'd overpay for.

How about Rodrigo y Gabriella....no one plays the guitar like Gabriella....it has to be seen to be appreciated.

She is amazing. My wife says they should be called "Gabriella y Rodrigo." I can't argue with that.

She is amazing. My wife says they should be called "Gabriella y Rodrigo." I can't argue with that.

Not sure how Spanish/Mexican culture operates with this, but I am sure there are gender lines that in no way are seen as we do in American culture. They were an item for many years

I find your comment intriguingly interesting..

The prominent name can't be the second name? In a humble world, it should be.

Just like a person who writes a letter, card for/with others, they humbly should put their name last

Like in American sports, hometeam is listed second.

Humility is a virtue. Graceful humility is not always about being listed "first."

Not sure how Spanish/Mexican culture operates with this, but I am sure there are gender lines that in no way are seen as we do in American culture. They were an item for many years

I find your comment intriguingly interesting..

The prominent name can't be the second name? In a humble world, it should be.

Just like a person who writes a letter, card for/with others, they humbly should put their name last

Like in American sports, hometeam is listed second.

Humility is a virtue. Graceful humility is not always about being listed "first."

I don't know if they chose the order based on gender roles, age, or anything else. I think when you're naming a duet, it should be based on the flow of the names. In this case, I do think "Rodrigo y Gabriella" flows better than the reverse, so to me they are named appropriately. My wife's comment was just an off-the-cuff remark about who the better guitarist is, and on that I happen to agree with her. That takes nothing away from Rodrigo - he's a phenomenal lead guitarist, but when you watch them, you see that Gabriella is playing rhythm guitar as well as percussion, and doing an amazing job at both simultaneously.

For the record, I sign our cards with her name first, and she signs with my name first.

I don't know if they chose the order based on gender roles, age, or anything else. I think when you're naming a duet, it should be based on the flow of the names. In this case, I do think "Rodrigo y Gabriella" flows better than the reverse, so to me they are named appropriately. My wife's comment was just an off-the-cuff remark about who the better guitarist is, and on that I happen to agree with her. That takes nothing away from Rodrigo - he's a phenomenal lead guitarist, but when you watch them, you see that Gabriella is playing rhythm guitar as well as percussion, and doing an amazing job at both simultaneously.

For the record, I sign our cards with her name first, and she signs with my name first.

Fair. Yes, writer signs last. She's the top billing, better player, she should go last. The voice, writer of a card is also acting as the top bill.

Now... Don't muddy the water with that whole "top bill" wording. LoL... Quite a mess aye! They are tops & go last. ;-)

The Scaramanga Six

There are some songs I like better, but the audio on youtube is not very good.

In some cases, there is no video:

Edited by DrW