What's your gut feeling?

Billsfed

Oh I'm well aware. I think it has more to do with Qb's and overall team talent. There's certainly grey areas there. You still cannot or atleast haven't argued how that strategy is not sound. And as I said I don't always agree with it.

In my opinion it was never a sound philosophy. When those numbers in your screen name started to age, we should have been looking for replacements. Instead we were drafting first round defensive backs. Then, we let them walk after 1 contract. Of course, we also wasted picks on running backs.

Again jmo, but I think that people get thrown off when they look at a Whitner or Gilmore and declare them to be "good." It really doesn't matter if a top 10 pick is "good" when your team is losing football games and not making the playoffs year after year.

Quarterbacks make the difference, followed by WRs, blockers and pass rushers (not necessarily in that order). The defensive backfield is called secondary for a reason.

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion it was never a sound philosophy. When those numbers in your screen name started to age, we should have been looking for replacements. Instead we were drafting first round defensive backs. Then, we let them walk after 1 contract. Of course, we also wasted picks on running backs.

Again jmo, but I think that people get thrown off when they look at a Whitner or Gilmore and declare them to be "good." It really doesn't matter if a top 10 pick is "good" when your team is losing football games and not making the playoffs year after year.

Quarterbacks make the difference, followed by WRs, blockers and pass rushers (not necessarily in that order). The defensive backfield is called secondary for a reason.

Fair enough. Don't entirely agree but point taken.

To me the importance list is QB, Pass Rusher, then everything else somewhere roughly equal (not including K, P ).

I know, in the last 18 years we have seen the Bills make the playoffs 9 times, right? ;)Sorry, but I think that focusing on DBs and RBs for the last 20 or so years put us exactly where we are today.

Pretty sure it's because all of our QBs sucked. Maybe that's because we took rbs and Dbs in rd 1 instead of a qb but we'll never know

In my opinion it was never a sound philosophy. When those numbers in your screen name started to age, we should have been looking for replacements. Instead we were drafting first round defensive backs. Then, we let them walk after 1 contract. Of course, we also wasted picks on running backs.Again jmo, but I think that people get thrown off when they look at a Whitner or Gilmore and declare them to be "good." It really doesn't matter if a top 10 pick is "good" when your team is losing football games and not making the playoffs year after year.Quarterbacks make the difference, followed by WRs, blockers and pass rushers (not necessarily in that order). The defensive backfield is called secondary for a reason.

Yes to all that plus Polian getting himself fired, Butler putting the franchise in cap hell. From there it just spiraled out of control.

What's your gut feeling?

10 wins and a wildcard. anything can happen after that?

I like grape, grape (since I'm a concord grape belt native) was always my favorite flavor.

since there are some that want to insist you drink the kool-aid for being optimistic, give me the whole pitcher.

c1524cb0c018138edfa3bccba929e0f1.jpg

Pretty sure it's because all of our QBs sucked. Maybe that's because we took rbs and Dbs in rd 1 instead of a qb but we'll never know

OC/systems like the one Steve Fairchild brought to town didn't help. Compounded with promotions from within a system that never worked well to begin with IMO.

There is no substitute for good coaching and not even the greatest QB's that ever played the game can overcome sub par coaching in my humble opinion.

My gut feeling is with the schedule, new coaches in their first season I can see them winning less. Without a better QB this team won't win the close games. Who scores the most wins.

Edited by xRUSHx