Geno Smith signs with Giants

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watch the tape.

I have. Geno is worse.

When Geno is good, which hasn't been a lot but has flashed, he shows he can be really good. Physical tools are there. It's all mental. Maybe some time with a manning could help.

Geno sucks people in because he has a seriously good throwing motion. When everything is lined up Geno throws a great ball. However, he is the single worst decision maker I have ever seen at the Quarterback position and he plays with a willful abandon.

He is seriously worse than EJ with the odd beautiful throw mixed in. He is in the same boat as EJ too his options come August are 1. Be a backup on the Giants and 2. Be out of the league.

I have. Geno is worse.

Geno sucks people in because he has a seriously good throwing motion. When everything is lined up Geno throws a great ball. However, he is the single worst decision maker I have ever seen at the Quarterback position and he plays with a willful abandon.

He is seriously worse than EJ with the odd beautiful throw mixed in. He is in the same boat as EJ too his options come August are 1. Be a backup on the Giants and 2. Be out of the league.

Geno has had horrible, beyond brutal games but at least looks the part. That is why someone (not me) could see him finally turning the corner with a fresh start, new opportunity, and better coaching.

EJ is just clownshow bad and doesn't look anything like an NFL QB in the limited time he has played the past 2+ years. I don't see anything wrong though with the Raiders kicking the tires on a former #1 draft pick; don't forget they also signed JP once upon a time.

Edited by Rico

Geno has had horrible, beyond brutal games but at least looks the part. That is why someone (not me) could see him finally turning the corner with a fresh start, new opportunity, and better coaching.

EJ is just clownshow bad and doesn't look anything like an NFL QB in the limited time he has played the past 2+ years. I don't see anything wrong though with the Raiders kicking the tires on a former #1 draft pick; don't forget they also signed JP once upon a time.

Geno's looking the part has not translated to looking like he can actually play. Both are bad but Geno is worse. I suspect neither has a job in September.

...as a funny footnote CF......Genome was actually OBD's top choice in 2013 until they flew down to interview and work him out.....consensus on plane ride home was, "uh no thanks" and EJ was the pick....we know the rest....thinkin' maybe the Jints got their modern day Joe Pisarcik..... :thumbsup:

somehow...someway...Joe is a distant cousin of mine. Our family's (in)famous relative.

Well he at least he still has some upside. I mean he played for the Jest. Where ya goin there?

the king is going to retire soon. they are auditioning for the crown prince position. And they come up with Geno Smith. The other QB on their payroll is Josh Johnson who is a career backup and not a future starter. We'll see, he may just be camp body. If they are able to make Geno a future starter, then Giants definitely can turn led to gold.

Some of you guys are way over-thinking this. He's a reasonably capable, experienced and affordable backup, simple as that. Eli will probably still be playing when Geno's Giants contract is up.

I was thinking regardless of Geno, that Giants need to be looking hard at Eli's apprentice.

I would think best thing they could do is put the hier in Manning's hip pocket for a couple years.

I was thinking regardless of Geno, that Giants need to be looking hard at Eli's apprentice.

I would think best thing they could do is put the hier in Manning's hip pocket for a couple years.

I agree with that, but to me that says the Giants will look to draft someone in the next couple years and have Geno as the vet backup. Of course Geno could surprise but I see that as a longshot.

Eli has 3 more years on his contract so that would be my guess for when he'll hang them up.

I agree with that, but to me that says the Giants will look to draft someone in the next couple years and have Geno as the vet backup. Of course Geno could surprise but I see that as a longshot.

Eli has 3 more years on his contract so that would be my guess for when he'll hang them up.

I would be quite surprised Geno is the answer post Eli !!

He's just a backup QB. There aren't too many good ones in the league. I doubt that the Giants have any greater plans for him. Eli is the undisputed starter at this time. Finding a franchise QB is like winning a bet. You just have to hope you get lucky. It's not like Geno is necessarily their post Eli prospect. They need a backup now, and can only keep their fingers crossed that somehow a viable franchise QB comes their way after Eli.

• 2 weeks later...

Ben McAdoo: Says Smith a possible successor to Eli.

"You study the guys coming out, Geno I think he's right in the mix of one of the better players available this year," McAdoo said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19026138/new-york-giants-hail-signing-quarterback-geno-smith

This is interesting. McAdoo says Geno compares with the QBs coming out in draft this year. Dang. I hope we don't draft ANY of them in the first three rounds!

Edited by CanadianFan