EJ Manuel signing with Raiders.

PIZ

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't.

You wanna know the most brutal truth in all of this?

The Raiders might actually have a shot at the Superbowl the next 1-2 years ...which means...

EJ Manuel might win a Super Bowl ring while Kyle Williams never gets to see the playoffs his entire career. :sick:

Kyle would probably rather not win a ring then win one without contributing.

watch him take over for an injured carr in the playoffs and lead them to a sb win

epic billsy

I'd be happy if he does it in playoffs ala Frank Riech and knocks one of our least favorite teams out of playoffs.

Some on this board will be cheering for that team to win because they hate him but I try not to judge those who prefer Tucks and soft balls.

He's 0-5 in his last 5 starts including 4 dumpster fire performances that blew very winnable games. He is a bad backup.

Are you referring to the Jax game in which a bad defensive penalty for the Bills killed the win? (blame EJ for 4 minutes of bad play)

Or are you referring to the Texans game in which Ryan Fitzpatrick was able to play like the second coming of Joe Montana? (blame EJ for the Watt pick-6)

QBs don't have (W-L) records. Teams do. His last 5 starts were, by enlarge, team losses.

Are you referring to the Jax game in which a bad defensive penalty for the Bills killed the win? (blame EJ for spotting the other team 21 points)

Or are you referring to the Texans game in which Ryan Fitzpatrick was able to play like the second coming of Joe Montana? (blame EJ for the Watt pick-6 and playing like ass all afternoon)

QBs don't have (W-L) records. Teams do. His last 5 starts were, by enlarge, team losses.

Goooooooooog

Are you referring to the Jax game in which a bad defensive penalty for the Bills killed the win? (blame EJ for 4 minutes of bad play)

Or are you referring to the Texans game in which Ryan Fitzpatrick was able to play like the second coming of Joe Montana? (blame EJ for the Watt pick-6)

4 bad minutes of play in the Jax game? It was the worst stretch of quarterbacking I have ever seen in my life in which he gift wrapped 3 TD's to what was the worst D in the NFL at the time. I would say that played the biggest role in the Bills losing that game.

In the Texans game, EJ was pretty brutal the entire game regardless of his crushing pick 6 to Watt. As far as Fitzpatrick looking like the second coming of Joe Montana that game, I don't know where you pulled that out of. He helped put up 16 offensive points, throwing for 1 TD 2 INTs and 268 yards. Maybe we have differing memories of Joe Montana.

Quarterback is the most important position on the field and EJ's poor play heavily contributed to the Bills 0-5 record in his last 5 starts, 4 of which were very winnable games. There is no disputing this. You make yourself look foolish defending and excusing Manuel's horrendous play while at the same time harshly criticizing the current Bills starting QB who has played at a much higher level.

it's hard staying out of the EJ argument but sometimes it's needed.

I'll go back to one comment that said EJ crumbles under pressure yet the Jags game you mentioned was proof that the posters comments were completely off base.

As to the last game of the season who knows why it was such a bad game.

Did EJ suck, did the play calling suck or did the team just not care?

If EJ sucks for losing the Jags game. What does that say about Taylor and the offenses output against that same bad team?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I'll go back to one comment that said EJ crumbles under pressure yet the Jags game you mentioned was proof that the posters comments were completely off base.

If EJ sucks for losing the Jags game. What does that say about Taylor and the offenses output against that same bad team?

TT didn't hand the Jags 21 points with his turnovers. EJ was the reason that they lost the Jacksonville game. A QB has never spotted a team 21 points on his own and not been a big part of the reason for a loss.

Your Jags comparison is weak.

The Jags had the 6th ranked Defense last year after adding a ton of talent. Tyrod lead the Bills to 28 points, didn't turn the ball over and got the win by 7 points.

Two years ago EJ went in against a Jags D that at the time was near the bottom of the league in most categories and gift wrapped 3 TD's to the Jags and lost the game.

EJ is 0-5 in his last 5 starts and was awful in 4 of those blowing very winnable games. He has rightfully taken his place as a 3rd string camp arm and I wish him the best.

TT didn't hand the Jags 21 points with his turnovers. EJ was the reason that they lost the Jacksonville game. A QB has never spotted a team 21 points on his own and not been a big part of the reason for a loss.

Exactly. EJ spotted them 21 points and the team regained the lead.

The 2016 Bills should have won easily don't you think? I took all 4 QTRs and the defense to keep the Jags for taking the lead again with 10 min left as the following Bills drive went 3 and out

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Great guy, wish him luck, real team player, but just not starting QB material. I maintained from the second they picked him he would never be worth that draft spot, so Billsy.

Edited by T-Bomb

Your Jags comparison is weak.

The Jags had the 6th ranked Defense last year after adding a ton of talent. Tyrod lead the Bills to 28 points, didn't turn the ball over and got the win by 7 points.

Two years ago EJ went in against a Jags D that at the time was near the bottom of the league in most categories and gift wrapped 3 TD's to the Jags and lost the game.

EJ is 0-5 in his last 5 starts and was awful in 4 of those blowing very winnable games. He has rightfully taken his place as a 3rd string camp arm and I wish him the best.

Is it now? Are we talking about the same 3 win Jaguars?

They played a different team. The 2016 Jags were 6th in yards allowed. The 2015 Jags were 24th.

See above. A three win team. As embarrassing as the JETS loss week 2

The 2016 Jets were not the same 2015 team

I expect more from the team.

EJ got embarassed by those same Jets in 2016 when the game was meaningless. TT kept it competitive week 2.

Are you arguing TT"s win wasn't a good win, but EJ's loss was a good loss?

Edited by FireChan

Again there is no comparison.

EJ lost his start, Tyrod won his.

EJ badly turned the ball over three times leading to 3 Jacksonville TD's. Tyrod did not turn the ball over.

2015 Jacksonville D was bad...2016 Jacksonville D was good.

You are grasping at straws and looking foolish.

Edited by b2henning

Exactly. EJ spotted them 21 points and the team regained the lead.

The 2016 Bills should have won easily don't you think? I took all 4 QTRs and the defense to keep the Jags for taking the lead again with 10 min left as the following Bills drive went 3 and out

Not really sure what your point is? The loss in 2015 rests on EJ's shoulders. The Bills won in 2016.

Not really sure what your point is? The loss in 2015 rests on EJ's shoulders. The Bills won in 2016.

You refuse to see the issue. TT is good, he's not great. It's not a slam, its a reality. The TT led team is supposed to be superior, yet in the end the game was lost and won in the closing minutes of the 4th.

His point was EJ had a great loss except for all those pick sixes and Tyrod didn't win convincingly enough.

Yes, the TT the better QB should have won convincingly. If you can't see that it is because you refuse to.

WRT the Jags defense the better, Az has a #2 rated D in total yards, yet the Bills won 33-18. What of the bad defense for the Raiders? Oh wait that fault is on the Bills defense.

Barely winning against 3 win team is a win, but it's still not a boast of the teams abilities.

I'm not the one who compared TT and EJ's game. I'm just replying with my opinion.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

You refuse to see the issue. TT is good, he's not great. It's not a slam, its a reality. The TT led team is supposed to be superior, yet in the end the game was lost and won in the closing minutes of the 4th.

I'm refusing to see what? I didn't even understand your point until FireChan clarified it. If you find where I said "TT was great" feel free to post it here.

Is EJ even a lock to make the Raider's roster?

They could go with just Carr and Cook as their top 2 guys.

Agreed. The EJ signing is about making Cook earn the #2 job. I suspect he does and EJ is released at final cuts. If he doesn't EJ sticks as the #2 and they carry 3 QBs.

Yes, the TT the better QB should have won convincingly. If you can't see that it is because you refuse to.

WRT the Jags defense the better, Az has a #2 rated D in total yards, yet the Bills won 33-18. What of the bad defense for the Raiders? Oh wait that fault is on the Bills defense.

Barely winning against 3 win team is a win, but it's still not a boast of the teams abilities.

I'm not the one who compared TT and EJ's game. I'm just replying with my opinion.

It was won. That's what matters.

TT won the game. He is also the better QB. That's why he's a starter in the NFL and EJ is not. TT won more games in his first year starting than EJ did in his entire career.

Really all there is to say.

TT won the game. He is also the better QB. That's why he's a starter in the NFL and EJ is not. TT won more games in his first year starting than EJ did in his entire career.

Youse guys are funny. Taylor completed 12 of 18 throws for 166 yards and ran for 38 yards, 5 sacks and 1 TD pass to Justin Hunter at the end when trailing 21-20. + Shady run in for the 2 point conversion.

Funny how people forget the rushing TD by Shady to end the half to make the score 7-6 and the 75 yard rushing TD by Shady to open the 2nd half to make the score 7-14.

In all honesty the team won the game.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Youse guys are funny. Taylor completed 12 of 18 throws for 166 yards and ran for 38 yards, 5 sacks and 1 TD pass to Justin Hunter at the end.

Funny how people forget the rushing TD by Shady to end the half to make the score 7-6 and the 75 yard rushing TD by Shady to open the 2nd half to make the score 7-14.

In all honesty the team won the game.

EJ has won 6 games in his whole career.

TT has won 15.

I think that this pretty much sums it up. TT is a decent starting QB; EJ has a chance to make a roster. They aren't comparable players and really never have been despite the gymnastics that some tried to apply. No one is saying that Taylor is great. I am pretty comfortable though in saying that EJ is terrible. He is a nice kid with a great attitude but he can't play QB in the NFL.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

EJ has won 6 games in his whole career.

TT has won 15.

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Why didn't I think of comparing a backup with 16 total games against as 5th year starter with 29 total games!

So EJ may be going to Oakland. BFD. Get over it fellas, he's history

I'll listen to my own advice stay out of the EJ arguments .

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Why didn't I think of comparing a backup with 16 total games against as 5th year starter with 29 total games!

So EJ may be going to Oakland. BFD. Get over it fellas, he's history

I'll listen to my own advice stay out of the EJ arguments .

Calling TT a 5th year starter? You don't happen to know BillsFan4Ever do you?

I wonder if TT came to the bills right out of college . In the same situation as EJ with no QB coach and no veteran QB to talk to. And EJ got drafted by the Ravens and got to sit a couple years behind Flacco and learn from Kubiak. I wonder if TT would still be in the nfl right know. McCoy wasn't here EJ first two years. TT might had to throw the ball more.

Edited by Hanoverbills

I wonder if TT came to the bills right out of college . In the same situation as EJ with no QB coach and no veteran QB to talk to. And EJ got drafted by the Ravens and got to sit a couple years behind Flacco and learn from Kubiak.

EJ probably would've still sucked. Some people just don't have it.

I wonder if TT came to the bills right out of college . In the same situation as EJ with no QB coach and no veteran QB to talk to. And EJ got drafted by the Ravens and got to sit a couple years behind Flacco and learn from Kubiak.

The years behind Flacco undoubtedly helped Tyrod but you can't ignore that EJ's best games all came in his first 8 or 9 starts.

I actually think with 4 years of info to look back on we can probably say EJ's best chance of making it was not to have the knee injury in Cleveland and to keep playing and building confidence before he started to look horrible. Not saying that would have worked but I think it would have been better than sitting him. Think the more he sat and "learned" the more confused he became.