Mike Williams just ran an unofficial 4.53 40 at pro day

The last 6'4" WR prospect that TBD posters were enamoured with was Limas Sweed. Remember him?

We had the 11th pick that year & many posters wanted Sweed at 11.

Sweed ran a 4.50 at his Pro Day. He slipped to the 2nd round, was too slow to get separation at the NFL level & washed out. Mike Williams reminds me a lot of him.

Prototype West Coast Offense WRs like Mike Williams or Sweed aren't valued like they were 20 years go. Todays NFL requires WRs to get quick separation. Williams should not be considered until late 1st round.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boldin ran a 4.71, played just fine. A 40 time isn't what dictates game speed.

I am still BLOWN away at how much stock people put into a non game related measurement.

Boldin is an exception to the rule. Running a 4.6 or slower for a WR is a huge red flag and requires more research for the team.

Boldin is an exception to the rule. Running a 4.6 or slower for a WR is a huge red flag and requires more research for the team.

Give me a break, there also has only been two black QBs to win a SB. Yet, there are plenty of black QBs in the league...

Can't make correlations based off of non game related quanitifcations.

Boldin is not the exception to the rule. Guys like Rice ran slow 40s. Irvin and Dez Bryant ran 4.5. Larry fitz ran a 4.6

That's pretty slow. Would be in the 4.6s at the combine.

I am not a huge fan of Williams because I feel like his body isn't going to hold up in NFL.

Also think a lot of his catches came on jump balls. A little different situation playing against NFL DBs versus college DBs.

Give me a break, there also has only been two black QBs to win a SB. Yet, there are plenty of black QBs in the league...

Can't make correlations based off of non game related quanitifcations.

Boldin is not the exception to the rule. Guys like Rice ran slow 40s. Irvin and Dez Bryant ran 4.5. Larry fitz ran a 4.6

The 4.6 guys you mentioned were definite exceptions. In fact every draft when someone runs slow someone else says,"But...Boldin!"

Jerry Rice was another exception. And that was also a long time ago. Why don't you list more recent stars in the current NFL who ran slower than a 4.6....since it's pretty common and not an exception.

The 4.6 guys you mentioned were definite exceptions. In fact every draft when someone runs slow someone else says,"But...Boldin!"

Jerry Rice was another exception. And that was also a long time ago. Why don't you list more recent stars in the current NFL who ran slower than a 4.6....since it's pretty common and not an exception.

Kelvin Benjamin, Larry Fitz, Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant off the top of my head.

Edit, phone kept changing Kelvin to Kevin

If 40 times were so telling tell me about the careers of Heyward-Bey,Trindon Holliday, Jacoby Ford...

Williams 40 time is pretty much on par with the average

Edited by BillsFan17