Mike Williams just ran an unofficial 4.53 40 at pro day

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am okay with Mike Williams at #10. The folks who say he is a player who "sucks" are engaged in hyperbole or not serious people.

I prefer Watson or Mahomes and Zay Jones in the second. Ideally, trade back, pick a qb later in the first, draft wr and best db available with second round picks.

That may not be possible and in any event, is unlikely to happen. Imo, Taylor's revised contract is a perfect bridge qb contract, but it only becomes so if your developmental qb is on the team. Most likely, that is not C. Jones.

Mike Williams will beat up NFL corners and take their lunch money.

I agree with Bill Polian who said that the reason Williams is good in a crowd is because he has a lot of experience catching in a crowd because he can't get open.

What happens when Corey Davis comes to the NFL, and he realizes that the corners he's going up against are actually good, and not pathetic, MAAC corners, like the ones he went up against from UB?

Sure. I hear you. Both prospects still have a lot to prove.

CD was a man amongst boys but so was a certain recent Raider of note. And what big time college programme did TO graduate from? Almost 100% of the time you have to project how a guy will transition based on the skill set you think you see. Thats why the draft is a crap shoot.

I think CD will develop into a premier WR in the bigs in a couple of years, maybe along the lines of J. Nelson ( who I know was a second round pick). And he may well be better than that. JMO.

Sure. I hear you. Both prospects still have a lot to prove.

CD was a man amongst boys but so was a certain recent Raider of note. And what big time college programme did TO graduate from? Almost 100% of the time you have to project how a guy will transition based on the skill set you think you see. Thats why the draft is a crap shoot.

I think CD will develop into a premier WR in the bigs in a couple of years, maybe along the lines of J. Nelson ( who I know was a second round pick). And he may well be better than that. JMO.

TO was a 3rd round pick back in 1996. We're talking about someone to take 10th overall. Perhaps we should be looking at either Rashaun Simonise, or Danny Vandervoort with the 10th pick?

TO was a 3rd round pick back in 1996. We're talking about someone to take 10th overall. Perhaps we should be looking at either Rashaun Simonise, or Danny Vandervoort with the 10th pick?

Well, to your point, CD is pretty much a consensus top 15 pick and unquestionably a first round talent.

What happens when Corey Davis comes to the NFL, and he realizes that the corners he's going up against are actually good, and not pathetic, MAAC corners, like the ones he went up against from UB?

Really?

You think just because Corey Davis was with a mid-major, that it will hinder how he does in the NFL?

Not a top 10 pick. If we are dead seat on a receiver at 10, it better be John Ross. Top 10 is for your freak athletes. Not pedestrian talents.

And everyone comparing his time to Evans and Benjamin needs to remember that those guys pay the game at 235-245 lbs. If Mike Williams adds any more bulk, he's going to be slower.

Also Evans ran a sub 4.5 at his pro day.

Not a top 10 pick. If we are dead seat on a receiver at 10, it better be John Ross. Top 10 is for your freak athletes. Not pedestrian talents.

And everyone comparing his time to Evans and Benjamin needs to remember that those guys pay the game at 235-245 lbs. If Mike Williams adds any more bulk, he's going to be slower.

Also Evans ran a sub 4.5 at his pro day.

Why? Because he ran a 4.22 40?

I'm not normally a superstitious guy, but another 1st round Mike Williams?.

We didn't do so well with the first Mike Williams. Maybe a pass (pun intended) is in order if this guy is still on the board when the Bills are on the clock.

For those who watched the Cotton Bowl, Corey Davis played against one of the toughest secondaries in the country. He didn't have a dominant game, but he looked good. Keep in mind it was wisconsin's sole mission to shut him down. He had 6 catches and a ridiculous TD. Didn't really get comfortable until 2nd half It wasn't a Khalil Mack vs OSU performance but watching MAC prospects vs top competition is often a factor in their overall evaluation. Still, its about NFL traits and he does have them. He's a first rounder - but I think he's only considered top 10 in some circles because he's getting pushed up due to lack of elite WR talent in this draft. IMO

Edited by YoloinOhio

For those who watched the Cotton Bowl, Corey Davis played against one of the toughest secondaries in the country. He didn't have a dominant game, but he looked good. Keep in mind it was wisconsin's sole mission to shut him down. He had 6 catches and a ridiculous TD. Didn't really get comfortable until 2nd half It wasn't a Khalil Mack vs OSU performance but watching MAC prospects vs top competition is often a factor in their overall evaluation. Still, its about NFL traits and he does have them. He's a first rounder - but I think he's only considered top 10 in some circles because he's getting pushed up due to lack of elite WR talent in this draft. IMO

Agree completely with the Cotton Bowl comment. And thats why I am confident he will 1) adjust and 2) eventually dominate.