Pre-Draft Visits to OBD

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha...me neither. Similar to Wentz at North Dakota.

Allen looks awesome, though.

I can understand paying attention to a smaller school like North Dakota State, because they've been winning championships.

While Wyoming is a bigger school, they are still a mid-major. A mid-major in the Mountain West. Which I am sure gets very little attention, aside from Boise State.

Unlike the American Conference & the MAC, the Mountain West is not well respected.

I think it's a great thing for college football to have a mid major get this type of recognition, and look forward to seeing how things play out in the upcoming season.

Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes, TE Tyler Scalzi, FB Luke Stice worked out Mon. for Bills' Terry Pegula, Sean McDermott, Jim Monos, per source

We worked out all the Qbs other than Watson now. Still looks like they want to find their franchise guy this year.

We worked out all the Qbs other than Watson now. Still looks like they want to find their franchise guy this year.

IF that's true then then they better be prepared to take him at 10 or be willing/able to trade back a bit. Waiting past the first will give them Peterman.

Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes, TE Tyler Scalzi, FB Luke Stice worked out Mon. for Bills' Terry Pegula, Sean McDermott, Jim Monos, per source

i believe the Bills went to Texas for these workouts so they don't count toward the 30 visits to OBD

Well, not according to Leroi -- I am not convinced he is not a fraud, but if legit, we are following the tired path to failure once again.

He has proven not to be on multiple occasions.

My recollection is he is hit and miss, so I am uncertain if he is really speculating or not. I have not paid very close attention, however, so maybe you're right. As I said, if so, this does not encourage me that OBD is on the right track. I'll repeat what I've said in a few other threads Leroi has contributed to: we likely get the first WR at #10. Maybe someone takes Howard, but this is a deep draft at TE. It is also a deep draft at DB. The positions Leroi says we are targeting don't need a smokescreen, do they? Only thing I can figure is DE and maybe wanting a specific player to fall.

Imo

My recollection is he is hit and miss, so I am uncertain if he is really speculating or not. I have not paid very close attention, however, so maybe you're right. As I said, if so, this does not encourage me that OBD is on the right track. I'll repeat what I've said in a few other threads Leroi has contributed to: we likely get the first WR at #10. Maybe someone takes Howard, but this is a deep draft at TE. It is also a deep draft at DB. The positions Leroi says we are targeting don't need a smokescreen, do they? Only thing I can figure is DE and maybe wanting a specific player to fall.

Imo

Unless they are trying to get someone to trade up or a guy to fall (Lattimore, Allen, Thomas, Barnett, Howard). A few guys could be the target if those are the positions.

In terms of Leroi he has given a bunch on the draft, coaching and some other things. When he has definitively said something he has been right on. The only thing he was wrong about was EJ being cut but I think that was more what he wanted than what he heard. I'd bet that the 5 names that he has are the 5 names.

@caplannfl

Projected 1st-round pick OT Garett Bolles (6-5, 297) is scheduled to make a pre-draft visit today with the #Bills, source said.

I never really thought about it but we do need a RT and you can't find one later in this draft. That is 3 OTs we have brought in now.

Robinson, Bolles, and Humphrey don't look like top ten picks though. Maybe we will trade down this year!

Edited by billspro

I never really thought about it but we do need a RT and you can't find one later in this draft. That is 3 OTs we have brought in now.

Robinson, Bolles, and Humphrey don't look like top ten picks though. Maybe we will trade down this year!

That just leaves Ryan Ramczyk without an official visit. Interesting.