Pre-Draft Visits to OBD

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad Kelly? Oy vay!

Why wouldn't you meet with a guy like Chad Kelly? He seems to have all the physical traits to be successful. Apparently his head is scrambled eggs...wouldn't it be wise to talk to him and get a first hand evaluation on this young man? Meeting with these kids is the biggest advantage the scouts and GM's have.

Why wouldn't you meet with a guy like Chad Kelly? He seems to have all the physical traits to be successful. Apparently his head is scrambled eggs...wouldn't it be wise to talk to him and get a first hand evaluation on this young man? Meeting with these kids is the biggest advantage the scouts and GM's have.

Because you are limited to 30 visits. I'm going to assume they are throwing a bone to Uncle Jim with this. But I don't like wasting a visit on a Chad Kelly.

it just says they talked to him at the Senior Bowl.

As long as that doesn't use up one of your 30 official visits, I'm cool with that.

Because you are limited to 30 visits. I'm going to assume they are throwing a bone to Uncle Jim with this. But I don't like wasting a visit on a Chad Kelly.

they didn't (yet). The list Pete posted is not part of the 30 visits. It says they talked to Chad at the Senior bowl. Only one who has visited so far is Hairston. They also met with Hairston at the E/W shrine Game per that site. Edited by YoloinOhio

He is talented and apparently very immature, I'm fine with then using a visit to confirm this first hand. Maybe a favor to Jim. I would consider it a waste to meet with a kid with a spotless background and a mid round draft grade. Swing for the fences, same thing I said about Nkemdiche last year.

Some guys are so talented you need to find out where their head is at and place a value on them. Guys with that type of talent never get taken off the board.

As long as that doesn't use up one of your 30 official visits, I'm cool with that.

actually I believe the rule is you can only have 30 guys travel in for visits. If the player is local it doesn't count. If chad is living in WNY, and they have him in for a visit, he won't count against the 30. But so far, they haven't had him in.

He is talented and apparently very immature, I'm fine with then using a visit to confirm this first hand. Maybe a favor to Jim. I would consider it a waste to meet with a kid with a spotless background and a mid round draft grade. Swing for the fences, same thing I said about Nkemdiche last year.

Some guys are so talented you need to find out where their head is at and place a value on them. Guys with that type of talent never get taken off the board.

"Swing for the fences" is a cute yet meaningless phrase. Having a big arm and a gunslinger's mentality is about 15% of what being an NFL QB calls for.

Thanks to Yolo for setting me straight. I'm fine with having a chat with Chad as long as it doesn't prevent us from interviewing a legitimate prospect.

I said this in the Shoutbox as well, but I'll give you guys a name to remember for Buffalo on draft day: Fabian Moreau from UCLA. He's a Whaley guy with the height/weight/speed, and PERFECT fit for McDermott's scheme (Cover-3 and press-man guy that can tackle)

• Antony Auclair, TE, Laval (EW)
  • Nate Hairston, CB, Temple (EW)
  • Jadar Johnson, S, Clemson (EW)
  • Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss (SR)
  • Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech (COM)
  • Avery Moss, DE, Youngstown State (EW)
  • Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan (COM)
  • Solomon Thomas, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Stanford (COM)
  • Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson (COM)
  • Xavier Woods, S, Louisiana Tech (EW)
  • Read more at http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam#zBC0XpcOqZBCeHK4.99

Didn't know we scouted WWE for prospects

xavier-woods-620x350.jpg

• Antony Auclair, TE, Laval (EW)
  • Nate Hairston, CB, Temple (EW)
  • Jadar Johnson, S, Clemson (EW)
  • Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss (SR)
  • Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech (COM)
  • Avery Moss, DE, Youngstown State (EW)
  • Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan (COM)
  • Solomon Thomas, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Stanford (COM)
  • Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson (COM)
  • Xavier Woods, S, Louisiana Tech (EW)
  • Read more at http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam#zBC0XpcOqZBCeHK4.99

decent list so far. Like the Solomon Thomas visit.

I've never been more confident in the Bills trading down. I think it's going to happen, maybe more than once.

I think you are right, and I hope you are!

Smokescreen visits? Classic Whaley.

If you know who you want w/ your first pick, no reason not to fill the other 30 with potential lower-round picks or somkescreen. I'm fine w/ that too. Seems like a BB move also.

Sorry, the user who posted a list made it seem as if those were predraft visits already planned.

thats ok - he posted a list of any player they have met with (that was reported) up until now. If you click the link it tells you where they met with them (Sr Bowl, Combine, etc)

“I think it is hard for a normal person,” Harbaugh said of Peppers moonlighting as a QB and having to make reads. “With normal hand-eye coordination, reflexes and athletic ability, normal. But he’s far past that. He’s an AP, Advanced Placement, when it comes to hand-eye coordination and athletic ability.” http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2016/10/04/michigan-football-peppers/91534110/

Then why only one pick? I want no part of him until late in the second.