PPP March Madness Debates

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

****, OC is in my division? I'm not reading his bulkshit. Can't we suspend him for a recruiting violation or something?

Program the DC Bot to respond to his every post with "Go on, I'm listening."

I think I just created renewable energy.

First round Madness kicks off Friday -- not tomorrow (a work conflict just arose so I won't be around much tomorrow) -- gives us a day to prepare and go over the:

RULES:

* Each "game" will have one topic to debate assigned before tip-off. These topics will have a clear pro or con side to argue.

* Higher seeds get to choose which side they will represent, pro or con.

* Lower seeds get to choose who goes first (and thus, who goes last).

* Each game will consist of FOUR QUARTERS, a quarter being defined as one post from each team (an opener followed by a rebuttal etc).

* At the end of each quarter, ONE POINT will be awarded to the winner as determined by the "refs"; a total of FOUR POINTS per game are possible.

* The refs consist of the first THREE posters to respond after any given quarter - majority rules.

* Any tied games will go into a sudden death overtime with one more post from each team.

* Each post within a game MUST STAY ON TOPIC... or be blisteringly funny/PPP-worthy-insulting enough that the refs overlook it.

* The topics will be picked by me -- which is a YUGE conflict of interest, I mean it's bigly, but it's the age we live in.

If I missed anyone... well, I was going to apologize but this is PPP so screw that. There's always next year for any bubble teams who didn't get to go dancing in '17.

:beer: :beer:

This year's tournament winner will get a PPP appropriate prize....

I see that you have gotten your hands on the CIA jackpot of hacking tools for American citizens. (Maybe even a microwave?) :D

Wait, you're not going to hack this tournament are you? :flirt:

I see that you have gotten your hands on the CIA jackpot of hacking tools for American citizens. (Maybe even a microwave?) :D

Wait, you're not going to hack this tournament are you? :flirt:

:lol::beer:

There are five posters included in these brackets whom I have had on ignore for months.

... I have faith in your ability to debate, and score points, even against posters you can't see. That's why the selection committee seeded you as they did.

At the very least, those match-ups will be more of a challenge now. :pirate:

... I have faith in your ability to debate, and score points, even against posters you can't see. That's why the selection committee seeded you as they did.

At the very least, those match-ups will be more of a challenge now. :pirate:

These five particular posters are generally so bad that I could win by not posting at all, and simply allow their drivel to fall down by itself.

Oh poor boyst.

Bob and Ryan. Pot on pot battle.

you're going down sweet heart. Please rmember when your down there I like the finger used.

I want our topic one of the topics from billy madison

Edited by Boyst62

A St. Paddy's Day tip-off begins with our first matchup of the day:

MAINSTREAM MEDIA REGION

#1) TakeYouToTasker vs. #16) richstadiumowner

The topic: Mainstream media bias exists.

As the top seed, Tasker gets to pick if he's pro or con on the subject and rich gets to decide whom goes first.

Each poster gets 4 posts (not in a row) to make their case.

First three posters to chime in after a completed quarter (one post from each team) decides who wins the point.

There is no post length requirement -- brevity is the soul of wit though. So make it sharp or make it funny.

And... We're off!

Edited by Deranged Rhino

"Does mainstream media bias exist?" is not a pro-or-con question. You need to phrase it as "Mainstream media bias exists." or "Mainstream media bias does not exist.", and then ask me to argue for or against the assumption.

Good point, early start:

Mainstream Media Bias exists: