Bills have made offer to FA RB Travaris Cadet

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the bitching seems weird.

By training camp there will be 90 on the roster.

They've added several free agents that have a shot at making the roster. Some of them won't. I don't see the problem.

Edited by KHAN

C'mon. I know we don't have boat loads of cap room right now but look at his stats. He's 28 yrs old and in 5 NFL seasons has 84 career rushing yards and 0 rushing TDs. I get he's a "pass catching running back" and therefore has decent receiving numbers but there has got to be better options out there.

What is this staff doing? We still have no WRs and still need a FA DB. Schitt FA so far.

So, you expect them to focus on nothing else until they have met your requirements? Give me a break

FWIW he is more of a pass catcher. He's kind of like a Theo Riddick.

It isn't deep at WR (at all). The last handful have been but this one is not.

Agreed

I disagree, by all accounts this is a pretty good WR class.

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers

49026408.jpg

When he doesn't sign here I'm sure the same people complaining that would consider signing him will then switch to complaining how we can't even sign bargain basement FAs anymore

Edited by ndirish1978

C'mon. I know we don't have boat loads of cap room right now but look at his stats. He's 28 yrs old and in 5 NFL seasons has 84 career rushing yards and 0 rushing TDs. I get he's a "pass catching running back" and therefore has decent receiving numbers but there has got to be better options out there.

Don't look as his rushing stats. He would be here to play on 3rd down where he caught 40 balls last year. The Bills have guys to carry the ball. They aren't looking for a 5th option to carry the ball. He can also return kicks.

It's been a big topic on my basketball message board but we need to stop looking at positions and start focusing on skill sets. As an example Theo Riddick and Blount play the exact same position but do things COMPLETELY differently.

2 FBs and 4 RBs. and looking at more

Thinking Bills want to run the ball ?

You forget Micah Hyde?

would preferred A. Ellington in that case :pirate:

HB McCoy, Gillislee, Williams

HB/FB Tolbert

HB/WR Cadet

FB DiMarco

WR Watkins, no.

Dang so many RBs/FBs. I think I know where this offense is heading... I mean, given the 31st ranked passing offense, and our lack of use of WRs as pass catchers, we might as well get better blockers wide out! bet these guys all line up in WR positions and run block all game, all day.

I disagree, by all accounts this is a pretty good WR class.

I guess that I need to clarify my comments on this. The open spot that the Bills have is for a #2 WR. That isn't a guy that you are going to find in the 5th. It has to be one of your first 2 picks as I think that there are MAYBE 5 WR in this draft to fill that role.

I guess that I need to clarify my comments on this. The open spot that the Bills have is for a #2 WR. That isn't a guy that you are going to find in the 5th. It has to be one of your first 2 picks as I think that there are MAYBE 5 WR in this draft to fill that role.

Respectfully I disagree. I see depth into probably the 3rd rd with #2 receivers. Just because a guy is a second rd talent doesn't necessarily mean that's where he will go. The quality of the defensive depth in this draft will imo push some WRs and TEs lower than where they would otherwise go.

Yeah there aren't a lot of readily available options out there right now for a good #2 WR in 2017.......doesn't mean someone can't emerge but they threw a lot of height/speed specimens at the wall last training camp and NONE of them emerged from the pack a contributor.

It's perhaps even a bit presumptuous to consider Williams or Davis good #2 WR as rookies..........I like those guys but I don't necessarily see Dez Bryant and TO when I see them.

Chances are strong that they go into camp with a no better situation at WR than last year..........which left them with the league's worst WR corps for much of the season.

Respectfully I disagree. I see depth into probably the 3rd rd with #2 receivers. Just because a guy is a second rd talent doesn't necessarily mean that's where he will go. The quality of the defensive depth in this draft will imo push some WRs and TEs lower than where they would otherwise go.

The guys that I think you can count on to start the season as a #2 are Williams, Davis, Ross and Jones. Ju-ju, Godwin and Kupp are possibilities I guess. There are some others that may develop into that role but you can't count on it. I don't see any of those guys on the board in round 3. Maybe one falls but you can't bet that will happen.

Yeah there aren't a lot of readily available options out there right now for a good #2 WR in 2017.......doesn't mean someone can't emerge but they threw a lot of height/speed specimens at the wall last training camp and NONE of them emerged from the pack a contributor.

It's perhaps even a bit presumptuous to consider Williams or Davis good #2 WR as rookies..........I like those guys but I don't necessarily see Dez Bryant and TO when I see them.

Chances are strong that they go into camp with a no better situation at WR than last year..........which left them with the league's worst WR corps for much of the season.

This is kind of my point. Banking on a random guy emerging isn't exactly a viable strategy. They HAVE to get a guy that is "safe" to plug and play as their #2.

By what we seem to be doing personnel wise, Our offense is going to be 60% run and then just play action roll out short dump offs to FBs RBs and TEs...which I actually have no issue with. That's like my mid 2000s Madden offense. RBs and TEs with 85+ catches a year. Where is Larry Centers? Maybe we will get Mccafrey and end up with a Rich Gannon style perma <6 yd pass offense.

Fine, as long as the D keeps us in games and we don't need to come from behind.

We are going to be the first run only team since football made passing legal

Cut the edge. Everyone is finally stocked upon nickel corners and light Lbs.

Pound them in in to oblivion with the run. It does work, and everything runs ins cycles.

as long as you can actually threaten with the pass? The run has validity