If you had to choose 1 out of the 10, who would it be?

Rueben Foster.

Because of his quick twitch athleticism, sideline to sideline playmaking, ability to read

and react quickly to plays in front of him, his ability to cover backs and TE's and play

all three downs effectively. Also, because athletic players in the front seven can

cause exorbitant amounts of trouble for an offense.

The draft is deep in CBs and Safeties. I think Zay Jones in the second round could be

a very good number two WR right away.

OJ Howard would be my other consideration because he would create matchup nightmares

for defenses in two TE sets with Clay and when Clay's contract is up he would be coming up

to the option pickup on his rookie deal so, in a general sense, they could just fill him into that

financial slot if his play deserved it and the Bills would still be covered at the position going

forward.

Question: Why no Solomon Thomas on the list? He's another one I would consider at 10

if he were there, which he won't be. I chose a CB in another poll, but I think they can grab

one later in the draft and I believe they pick one up in FA too.

The Tyrod crew doesn't want to move on. They would rather settle for another 6-10, 7-9 finish.

We know you don't like Tyrod. That's cool. But why can't you all, who don't like

Tyrod, answer the question that was asked at the top of the thread? There wasn't

a QB among the options. Why derail another thread that doesn't need to be?

Edited by purple haze

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a hypothetical scenario.

We can only draft 1 of these top prospects in the 1st round that we need. Pick 1 out of the 10 prospects and explain WHY you chose your choice over the others.

Considering we just resigned TT, I've ignored the option of drafting a QB in the first round.

Also, consider trading down from 10th overall to get one of these players, what would we get in return?

1. Marshon Lattimore - CB

2. Malik Hooker - FS

3. Mike Williams - WR

4. Jamal Adams - SS

5. OJ Howard - TE

6. Malik McDowell - DL

7. Corey Davis - WR

8. Cam Robinson - OT

9. Reuben Foster - ILB

10. Jonathan Allen - DL

Personally I would choose Corey Davis. Reason why is because he has more "juice" than M.Williams and would be a benefit to the offense to create a dual threat at the WR position. Even though there are a lot of great options, I believe we need to go WR at first round.

Pat Mahomes...

OK...I know he's not on the list...But still...

It's actually a tough choice...But from all those players I think Jamal Adams is the safest bet...I love Hooker and Foster too...But Adams is rock solid...The kind of guy who will have an Earl Thomas-like impact on a secondary...And Lattimore would be in that mix too for me were it not for the hammy issues (you just HAVE to know if the Bills Draft him it will become chronic)...

I would take any of those 4 Defenders before Corey Davis who would be my 5th on that list...And Davis is a really good WR prospect...But those 4 have perennial All Pro potential on Defense... B-)

There are not 10 elite prospects in this draft. If Solomon Thomas or Jamal Adams was sitting there at 10 I would have to think about what to do. But after that we hit another tier where Mahomes is far more attractive than adding another CB or a second TE.

You are right about there not being "10" Elite prospects...there are more than 10 actually and Mahomes is not one of them. Once the draft is over, anything can happen...I mean the GOAT at QB in Brady was a 6th round pick. But going into this draft, he isnt grading out in the top 10, heck he is not even the best prospect at his position.

You are right about there not being "10" Elite prospects...there are more than 10 actually and Mahomes is not one of them. Once the draft is over, anything can happen...I mean the GOAT at QB in Brady was a 6th round pick. But going into this draft, he isnt grading out in the top 10, heck he is not even the best prospect at his position.

Today, I think you're right about Mahomes...And if you're Drafting for 2017 then no question he should not be considered elite...

But I have a feeling by 2018, or 2019 at the latest, that is not going to matter at all...I think that kid has special written all over him...but his path will be similar to Favre's or Rodgers...It will take some time...but when the lights go on, watch out!... B-)

Now that TT is willing to take a substantial pay cut on his restructure, it looks like we'll be renting him for at least 1 full season. Hooker, Adam's and Allen will be long gone by 10. This team hasn't had a legit #2 wr in forever. So with all this said let's kick the tires on Corey Davis. He's got it all! If Tyrod can't find Corey and Sammy's then we permanently wave goodbye to T2.

I take Adams. The guy can cover WR's or TE's and lay into RB's. A complete all-around Safety imo.

If I could take anyone in that group, it would be an easy choice of Adams and I would run to the podium.

Jamal Adams...best player on that list

will IMMEDIATELY be an impact player

Jamal Adams. The guy is super versatile. That can impact your entire D in a very positive manner. Troy Polomou (sp) like.

I agree with you guys that he's a beast and an immediate impact player. I would be more than happy if he fell to us and we took him.

However, until we find a WR2 the offense will not be talented enough to beat a top tier teams D.

Also, please remember that there is no QB option and no need to mention TT. That is for a separate thread. I'd bet money we won't draft a QB within the 1st round.

If the FO wants a QB, see who falls into the 2nd...but don't blow a chance at an ELITE prospect to gamble on a risky QB that likely isnt even listed in the top 30 players of this draft.

Again.... no Quarterback in the top 30 is a stretch.

There is one Quarterback in Daniel Jeremiah's top 30 FYI. That is of course Deshaun Watson. Jeremiah has him as his 27th best prospect. He is higher than that on my big board coming in at 13.

Matt Miller's highest QB on his big board is Trubisky at 12. Josh Norris has Trubisky and Watson right together at 15 and 16 on his big board.

Todd McShay has Trubisky as the top QB on his board at 28.

I don't agree that there are more than 10 elite prospects either. Bills fans won't like hearing me say this given that we draft 10th but I have 8 "elite" level grades. Garrett, Lattimore, Hooker, Adams, Davis, Williams, Foster and Allen. Derek Barnett is my 9th highest grade but there is a drop off after those 8 in my opinion.

I then have Fournette, Thomas and Howard at 10, 11 and 12 with Watson the first Quarterback at 13.

Everyone's board is different and it is true that a lot of experts have the first Quarterback (either Watson or Trubisky and often both) ranked in the 20s. But this is not 2013. There are legitimate first round Quarterbacks in this draft... two of them. 10 might be a bit high if you just stick to BPA but it is not the reach you claim and I don't think there will be one of those elite guys there for us at 10. Hope I am wrong.

Here's a hypothetical scenario.

We can only draft 1 of these top prospects in the 1st round that we need. Pick 1 out of the 10 prospects and explain WHY you chose your choice over the others.

Considering we just resigned TT, I've ignored the option of drafting a QB in the first round.

Also, consider trading down from 10th overall to get one of these players, what would we get in return?

1. Marshon Lattimore - CB

2. Malik Hooker - FS

3. Mike Williams - WR

4. Jamal Adams - SS

5. OJ Howard - TE

6. Malik McDowell - DL

7. Corey Davis - WR

8. Cam Robinson - OT

9. Reuben Foster - ILB

10. Jonathan Allen - DL

Personally I would choose Corey Davis. Reason why is because he has more "juice" than M.Williams and would be a benefit to the offense to create a dual threat at the WR position. Even though there are a lot of great options, I believe we need to go WR at first round.

I gotta go Mike Williams at 10 right now. We can get a 1st round talent at CB in the 2nd

I understand the need for WR, and that there are a couple guys who have some great talent. But...

Having 3 1st round picks invested in 2 WRs is VERY Matt Millen-esque.

If they are truly BPA than I guess go for it, but if we are including Need in our decision making, I'd rather they go QB/OL/Defense early.

I dunno. :unsure:

The Tyrod crew doesn't want to move on. They would rather settle for another 6-10, 7-9 finish.

Why do you say such silly things? No Bills fan wants to finish sub .500.

Why do you feel the need to knock people you disagree with?

Just let the "Tyrod crew" speak for themselves and explain their reasoning while you explain yours.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Just let the "Tyrod crew" speak for themselves and explain their reasoning while you explain yours.

The patch up the ship, ignore drafting and developing a QB, is the Bills strategy that has netted the 6 and 10 or 7 and 9 finishes during the last 17 years.

Yes, some of us are sick of doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

The patch up the ship, ignore drafting and developing a QB, is the Bills strategy that has netted the 6 and 10 or 7 and 9 finishes during the last 17 years.

Yes, some of us are sick of doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Im happy we kept Tyrod AND I want us to draft a QB early ASAP. So now what?

To take it a step further Tyrod is 15-14 as a starter (yes we are counting the game that they ran a trick play on the 1st play of the game). I don't know why the people that hate Tyrod use numbers like 6-10 when the reality is it is more like 8-8 or 9-7. The reason that some (me included) believe that he was the best option for this year is because 9-7 can easily become 10-6 and a playoff berth.

My biggest pet peeve on this board is when people use hyperbole to try to strengthen their point. The reality is that the facts immediately make it untrue and the point weakens because it feels like they have an agenda. If you believe something to be true don't use "alternative facts" to try to convince people that you are right. Take the facts and explain why you think things will be different one way or another.

This QB is 15-14