Possible 2nd Round Safety - Obi Melifonwu

From the game and highlight videos I've seen, he leaves a lot to be desired. Seems very slow to react to what he's seeing, let alone be able to anticipate things. All those athletic gifts and off the chart measurables are instantly nullified by that slow reactions and lack of anticipation. I think he's a work in progress at the next level; a couple seasons away from being a starter, imo.

I'm a fan of Obi.I'd love him in the second rd! Between him and Hyde,they could switch safety spots I think,and cause chaos.

My dream draft would be trade down to about 18-20, grab an extra third and go Zach Cunningham in the first

Obi in the second

Chris Godwin and Jourdan Lewis third

I'd be happy with this

From the game and highlight videos I've seen, he leaves a lot to be desired. Seems very slow to react to what he's seeing, let alone be able to anticipate things. All those athletic gifts and off the chart measurables are instantly nullified by that slow reactions and lack of anticipation. I think he's a work in progress at the next level; a couple seasons away from being a starter, imo.

Yea, from the scouting reports I've read he lacks instincts and a feel for the passing game.

from NFL.com

Big and athletic, he may lack the coverage qualities and instincts needed to work as a "last line of defense" player in a pass-happy division. Melifonwu is an effective downhill tackler who has the ability to match up against tight ends and make a living near the line of scrimmage. His football instincts aren't up to par, but the size and traits will be extremely enticing for teams who covet traits first.

Edited by Mikie's Bills

Yea, from the scouting reports I've read he lacks instincts and a feel for the passing game.

from NFL.com

I would prefer a starter from rounds one and two please. Who can protect the end zone.

But If Bills can add an extra pick he would be a sweet luxury

I like this as a S option in the 2nd rounder. Very talented and has the measurements to be a huge threat.

However, I still like Marcus Williams from Utah more than Obi 1 Melifoni

I too like safety in Round 2, if the measurables get Obi off the board in round 1 then Budda Baker is my choice in Round 2. He is the opposite of Obi in terms of size and instincts.

Much smaller, but far better instincts, always seems to be around the ball.