3 Free Agent Visits.

PIZ

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Hunter signed anywhere yet?

Don't think so. Would love to get him back. Imo, we're probably offering the minimum and he's trying to get more or join a team that has a good qb. I see a one year contract in his future

This is always the least fair criticism of Whaley. He has FLOURISHED signing these tier 2 and 3 FAs.

Definitely agree, we've seen contributions from:

Lorenzo Alexander

Mike Gillislee

Zach Brown

Ryan Groy

Justin Hunter

Leger Douzable

Brandon Tate

Corey White

Definitely agree, we've seen contributions from:

Lorenzo Alexander

Mike Gillislee

Zach Brown

Ryan Groy

Justin Hunter

Leger Douzable

Brandon Tate

Corey White

Don't forget Tyrod (regardless of Rex's role in it). Whaley has added inexpensive contributors as well as just about anyone. He can be criticized elsewhere but anyone that takes issue with his efforts in the bargain in is wrong.

I adore the MAC. We typically get a good 15-20 games here during the season (and a few from the Sun Belt) and I agree.

The DL/LB guys tend to be a tad undersized but that's where the NFL is going so it's a fertile recruiting ground. I'd have a Toledo and Bowling Green defender in every UDFA class if I ran a team.

The MAC is great. Let's face it, that's where all the players that couldn't find a roster spot with a Big 10 or Big 12 team.

They always have good-to-great talent.

how about Miami of OH (Bryson Albright)

I agree - these guys aren't going to the power 5 due to number of stars, typically related to size/speed/level of competition in HS but they can play. Many might have an opportunity to sign somewhere in the power 5 but know they would get buried on the depth chart so choose to go somewhere they will play.

My guy this year of from Ohio University - Tarrell Basham

What position does Basham play, and what is it that you like about him?

Do you Buckeye fans refer to the Bobcats as "The Ohio University"?

The MAC is great. Let's face it, that's where all the players that couldn't find a roster spot with a Big 10 or Big 12 team.

They always have good-to-great talent.

What position does Basham play, and what is it that you like about him?

Do you Buckeye fans refer to the Bobcats as "The Ohio University"?

nah it's just OU

Basham reminds me of Jerry Hughes. He's an EDGE guy. Quick, powerful. I watched him play in person and he was scary to block. Not an elite talent, maybe a little light but due to his position I think he could go 3rd rd.

I agree with Scott Law 100%

And yes DW has had some success with signing fringe depth players

Lorax and Zack being the two most recent hits

However fans overstate the percentage of his success and then apply it to every depth no name FA signing with vigour

Fans just forget the 6-8 guys we signed last year that didn't contribute much and were subsequently released

For example I loved the Justin Hunter pickup

Its a head scratcher why we are not resigning him

But everyone forgets almost all the bit parts secondary players we signed last year none of which worked out

Not to mention a couple of O-liners that flat out stunk and were released

So DW's hit rate is really only around 25% if you actually do the count

jc

I agree with Scott Law 100%

And yes DW has had some success with signing fringe depth players

Lorax and Zack being the two most recent hits

However fans overstate the percentage of his success and then apply it to every depth no name FA signing with vigour

Fans just forget the 6-8 guys we signed last year that didn't contribute much and were subsequently released

For example I loved the Justin Hunter pickup

Its a head scratcher why we are not resigning him

But everyone forgets almost all the bit parts secondary players we signed last year none of which worked out

Not to mention a couple of O-liners that flat out stunk and were released

So DW's hit rate is really only around 25% if you actually do the count

jc

A 25% hit rate on "bottom tier" FA's is pretty good, IMO.

Hunter was a great pickup, and we really need him back. He compliments a healthy Watkins really well. TT just needs to find him when he's open.

A 25% hit rate on "bottom tier" FA's is pretty good, IMO.

Hunter was a great pickup, and we really need him back. He compliments a healthy Watkins really well. TT just needs to find him when he's open.

Especially if you are counting guys that go to the Pro Bowl as hits. Guys like Douzable were useful players. His percentage is high comparatively.

the Andre Smith video is not safe for work

That's not safe for........life!

Especially if you are counting guys that go to the Pro Bowl as hits. Guys like Douzable were useful players. His percentage is high comparatively.

I'm actually very impressed with the ability to find talent. Cap management concerns me, but he seems to find players. I know that's not enough hate for some here.