3 Free Agent Visits.

PIZ

The @buffalobills have held free agent visits with the following players:
T Andre Smith
DE Jayrone Elliott
WR Jeremy Butler

10:15 AM - 13 Mar 2017

OT Andre Smith

Offensive tackle Andre Smith had been mentioned over the weekend as a player of interest for the Bills. The former Bengals and Vikings right tackle only played four games in 2016 due to an arm injury. Since that news broke, the team did bring back 2016 starting right tackle Jordan Mills on a two-year deal so it’s unsure if Smith still interests Buffalo or if the team still interests him.

DE Jayrone Elliott

Jayrone Elliott was a standout for the Toledo Rockets in the MAC prior to graduating in 2014. The 6-foot-3, 255-pound Elliott tested well at his Pro Day, with a 10-yard split of 1.6 seconds and a respectable 7.26 3-cone time. After going undrafted, Elliott signed for the Green Bay Packers, making their roster after impressive with five sacks in the 2014 preseason.

Over the past three seasons, Elliott has dressed for 38 out of 48 regular season games without logging a start. The former Rocket has 57 tackles, four sacks, an interception and forced fumble to his name as a professional. Elliott also plays special teams, seeing action on 40.4-percent of Packers ST snaps in 2016.

WR Jeremy Butler

Finally, the team announced a visit from former UT-Martin star wide receiver Jeremy Butler. Like Elliott, Butler went undrafted in the 2014 NFL Draft but found his chances of making the Baltimore Ravens roster limited by a shoulder injury. After trying to make the roster again in 2015, Butler was released before coming back on their practice squad.

In October 2015, Butler got his chance playing in eight games and hauling in 31 receptions for 363 yards. It was the same injury crisis that allowed fellow receiver Kamar Aiken to lead the team in receptions. Butler bounced around in 2016 after being released, seeing time with both the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Jets before signing for the San Diego Chargers. He appeared for the Chargers four times, catching two passes for 11 yards.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/13/bills-confirm-3-free-agent-visits-at-one-bills-drive/

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that thinks that the Bills will be signing huge names at this point isn't really paying close attention. It's not about being cheap either, as the Bills have to spend something North of 95% of the salary cap. The team had 31 players hit free agency this year. That's the most of any team in the NFL. To boot, they didn't have a ton of cap space. The Tyrod contract restructure gave them a little bit of space. I think that was probably the best for the team, other than the option of a full blown house sale. I'm glad that didn't happen. This team does have some talent on it, particularly on defense. Signing Hyde, IMO, was an excellent move given just how many different ways the guy can play. They're basically in a position now where they only have a handful of guys that have signed new contracts and still a need to add another 20-25. Outside of the draft, I don't think they're going to get anyone other than role players or guys with potential.

Anyone that thinks that the Bills will be signing huge names at this point isn't really paying close attention. It's not about being cheap either, as the Bills have to spend something North of 95% of the salary cap. The team had 31 players hit free agency this year. That's the most of any team in the NFL. To boot, they didn't have a ton of cap space. The Tyrod contract restructure gave them a little bit of space. I think that was probably the best for the team, other than the option of a full blown house sale. I'm glad that didn't happen. This team does have some talent on it, particularly on defense. Signing Hyde, IMO, was an excellent move given just how many different ways the guy can play. They're basically in a position now where they only have a handful of guys that have signed new contracts and still a need to add another 20-25. Outside of the draft, I don't think they're going to get anyone other than role players or guys with potential.

In other words, we have to sign a lot of players just to field a team.

And most of those signees will be nobodies. I'm just hoping our new nobodies are better than our old nobodies.

the power conference kids are great but IMO the best depth can come from these MAC schools.

I adore the MAC. We typically get a good 15-20 games here during the season (and a few from the Sun Belt) and I agree.

The DL/LB guys tend to be a tad undersized but that's where the NFL is going so it's a fertile recruiting ground. I'd have a Toledo and Bowling Green defender in every UDFA class if I ran a team.

I adore the MAC. We typically get a good 15-20 games here during the season (and a few from the Sun Belt) and I agree.

The DL/LB guys tend to be a tad undersized but that's where the NFL is going so it's a fertile recruiting ground. I'd have a Toledo and Bowling Green defender in every UDFA class if I ran a team.

and a niu ol. And a Miami or ou wr. Or one of the Michigan teams dbs. Though, right now theyre backward. Michigan teams are making good wrs.

how about Miami of OH (Bryson Albright)

I agree - these guys aren't going to the power 5 due to number of stars, typically related to size/speed/level of competition in HS but they can play. Many might have an opportunity to sign somewhere in the power 5 but know they would get buried on the depth chart so choose to go somewhere they will play.

My guy this year of from Ohio University - Tarrell Basham

Edited by YoloinOhio