Has any team contacted EJ Manuel about a tryout?

HOUSE

I don't dislike EJ. He actually comes across like a nice young man, but just doesn't have the skills to play in the NFL. Hopefully, he finds a starting spot in the CFL.

....Vince Young just got signed there, so you never know...........stay tuned..............

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is ashame how folks get off by publically attempting to humiliate someone else.

If EJ was a complete gasbag like Manziel, then I could understand the ridicule. But EJ did nothing but play football.

The kid had enough talent to be selected as QB at FSU and like many other college players entered the NFL draft. He was good enough to get drafted.

No one can despute that the kid gave it all he had BUT like many others, did not have the total package.

YET, somehow, it is not enough that he tried and failed. A handfull of lowly board dwellers want to run up and kick him as he leaves the building (so to speak).

Apparently, you can't imagine how pitiful you all look.

Agreed, it is not his fault that we reached for him and threw him into the fire before he was ready. Before that draft, projections had him as a mid round pick that would need development for a couple years if he was going to have a chance at success.

Even though he couldn't make it as a QB, I don't remember any report of him having a negative attitude or making dumb choices. I hope the guy does well in life, both in and out of football unless he is playing the Bills.

Somebody will pick him up before training camp for camp fodder

True, those rookie defensive backs need someone to help them develop their ball catching skills and their tackling skills and build up their confidence. He was always good at throwing the ball so that the receiver would be perfectly set up to get hammered. He would be great at that in TC.

True, those rookie defensive backs need someone to help them develop their ball catching skills and their tackling skills and build up their confidence. He was always good at throwing the ball so that the receiver would be perfectly set up to get hammered. He would be great at that in TC.

Oh god i know..... I hated that! Sometimes you just thought ,"well, that receiver is done for the year". Or, "well he is going to be out for a few games for concussion".

He is such a bad QB I wanted to rip my hair out watching at times.

It really is ashame how folks get off by publically attempting to humiliate someone else.

If EJ was a complete gasbag like Manziel, then I could understand the ridicule. But EJ did nothing but play football.

The kid had enough talent to be selected as QB at FSU and like many other college players entered the NFL draft. He was good enough to get drafted.

No one can despute that the kid gave it all he had BUT like many others, did not have the total package.

YET, somehow, it is not enough that he tried and failed. A handfull of lowly board dwellers want to run up and kick him as he leaves the building (so to speak).

Apparently, you can't imagine how pitiful you all look.

I don't think anyone's taking a swipe at him, but rather the FO that went "all in" on him and the die hard fans who wanted to believe so badly they couldn't acknowledge what their eyes were telling them.

Everybody has to come to EJ's defense here like the guy has it so bad. He was over drafted by about 4 rounds. Therefore got all kinds of publicity and also got paid more then he deserved. EJ Got handed job after job here without ever earning any of them. He was out played by every QB that we have ever had on our roster, yet still never was cut. Had players released undermining our depth chart, just to keep him on our gameday Roster. Has had excuse after excuse made for him since day 1. Has high school level footwork and probably the worst accuracy I have ever seen for an NFL QB (not named Tebow). And through out all of this, nobody has ever been able to say anything bad about him without the "nice guy" police jumping in.

EJ is probably a good guy. It's funny how that's just a given in any one of these conversations, Eventhough I seriously doubt anyone on here actually knows him or could know that for sure. Nobody wanted him to fail. We are all diehard bills fans, everyone on here hoped he would be great. The guy was given more opportunities then his skill set deserved, due to complete incompetence from our front office. I really don't understand why we are supposed to feel bad for him? The guy should have been taken in the 4th or 5th round and had the investment been in line with the performance...would have probably been let go long ago. The way I see it, the guy got more then he could have asked for based on his ability. I don't feel bad for a guy that got paid millions of dollars despite never improving. That is soley on him. I feel bad for the fans that were sold a bill of goods and had to sit through wasted time and forced attempts to get this guy on the gameday roster.

Do you think Buf would bring him back on a team-friendly deal?

I'm not endorsing that idea, just wondering.

I think EJ would benefit from a change of scenery.

I thought the same thing! Team friendly deal,maybe.but if we draft one,he don't make the cut. Jmo

Everybody has to come to EJ's defense here like the guy has it so bad. He was over drafted by about 4 rounds. Therefore got all kinds of publicity and also got paid more then he deserved. EJ Got handed job after job here without ever earning any of them. He was out played by every QB that we have ever had on our roster, yet still never was cut. Had players released undermining our depth chart, just to keep him on our gameday Roster. Has had excuse after excuse made for him since day 1. Has high school level footwork and probably the worst accuracy I have ever seen for an NFL QB (not named Tebow). And through out all of this, nobody has ever been able to say anything bad about him without the "nice guy" police jumping in.

EJ is probably a good guy. It's funny how that's just a given in any one of these conversations, Eventhough I seriously doubt anyone on here actually knows him or could know that for sure. Nobody wanted him to fail. We are all diehard bills fans, everyone on here hoped he would be great. The guy was given more opportunities then his skill set deserved, due to complete incompetence from our front office. I really don't understand why we are supposed to feel bad for him? The guy should have been taken in the 4th or 5th round and had the investment been in line with the performance...would have probably been let go long ago. The way I see it, the guy got more then he could have asked for based on his ability. I don't feel bad for a guy that got paid millions of dollars despite never improving. That is soley on him. I feel bad for the fans that were sold a bill of goods and had to sit through wasted time and forced attempts to get this guy on the gameday roster.

wasn't EJ forced into action due to injury? Also,I'm not sure our roster was undermined by keeping him,hoping he developed,as he was on his rookie contract

wasn't EJ forced into action due to injury? Also,I'm not sure our roster was undermined by keeping him,hoping he developed,as he was on his rookie contract

matt Cassel beat him out for the backup job. Whaley then cut him. They bring Cassel back on a cheaper deal, probably because Rex complained. Cassel goes back to the 2, then Whaley trades him. Then you have week 17 of last year. Why would you not just play Jones in that game? They did everything they could and more to force EJ. It didn't work. No reason to feel bad. Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

Shame on anyone bashing EJ because he didn't turn into the franchise QB we hoped for. A consummate pro, great teammate, and is set for life in his 20s. I'm sure he's real ashamed of his situation.

I'd add people expecting EJ to be a future franchise guy from the get go may have expected too much.

The draft is a gamble and thus pick didn't work out

Like most former Bills (except those that go to NE) I wish him well in the future.

matt Cassel beat him out for the backup job. Whaley then cut him. They bring Cassel back on a cheaper deal, probably because Rex complained. Cassel goes back to the 2, then Whaley trades him. Then you have week 17 of last year. Why would you not just play Jones in that game? They did everything they could and more to force EJ. It didn't work. No reason to feel bad.

cassel did not beat him out. He was acquired to be the starter.EJ was supposed to ride the pine,but was forced into playing before he was ready. Week 17 was his last game day audition,to see if he had progressed enough to warrant a back-up role on a new contract. He failed. That's that. Good Luck to him tho.Always a class act

cassel did not beat him out. He was acquired to be the starter.EJ was supposed to ride the pine,but was forced into playing before he was ready. Week 17 was his last game day audition,to see if he had progressed enough to warrant a back-up role on a new contract. He failed. That's that. Good Luck to him tho.Always a class act

Cassel absolutely did beat him out considering both times he was on the roster, Cassel was the 2 and EJ was the 3. Tyrod was the starter.

Cassel absolutely did beat him out considering both times he was on the roster, Cassel was the 2 and EJ was the 3. Tyrod was the starter.[/quote ]According to an espn article on Sept 5,2015 cassel was released after EJ beat him out for the #2 QB. Go read it,you have been mistaken in at least half of what you claim

I just want to remind everyone that I was just about the only one on this board to rail against the pick the moment it happened. Something along the lines of "I live in Florida, watch a lot of Florida college ball, and EJ was always 'meh' even FSU fans agree...he's a terrible pick."

It takes years to be vindicated and even now the EJ-blind will just say "well, it didn't work out and that happens"...but the bottom line is the pick itself was terrible at the time.

I. Told. You. So.

Cassel absolutely did beat him out considering both times he was on the roster, Cassel was the 2 and EJ was the 3. Tyrod was the starter.[/quote ]According to an espn article on Sept 5,2015 cassel was released after EJ beat him out for the #2 QB. Go read it,you have been mistaken in at least half of what you claim

so then explain how when he was brought back, he was immediately placed ahead of EJ on the depth chart with no football player inbeteeen?

ame="BuffAlone" post="4284745" timestamp="1489328530"]

so then explain how when he was brought back, he was immediately placed ahead of EJ on the depth chart with no football player inbeteeen?

I don't know what to tell ya,I'm just the messanger.But,id assume it was a coaching decision? Also,where did you see/hear that Cassel was automatically advanced to #2 upon his return? As you said yourself,there was no football in between,so how does a QB come back from being cut after three days,and out play anyone to automatically deserve a promotion? ? Edited by BuffAlone