Today I Learned....PartII

Made me gain some because I needed some more to lose.

Sounds like someone needs a refresher course on the definition of "TODAY I LEARNED." :rolleyes:

OR......and hear me out on this.....it could also be for other people! ;)

TIL Warren Buffet filed his first tax return at age 13 to report income from his paper route, and claimed a $35 deduction for use of his bicycle.

CBF

I wonder what they odds would be if you would have bet on a jockey ending up at finish line dead?

Natural causes? Pretty high.

I think they probably don't take bets like that because it could lead to unnatural causes.

Not surprising from the company whose editor-in-chief Jim Shooter made remark about fans being idiots when it was pointed out this was the 2nd time Phoenix was brought back to life and who caused a measurable drop in sales.

TIL the court systems are FUBAR

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/no-monkey-business-as-court-considers-animals-selfie/

If a monkey takes a selfie in the forest, does it own the copyright to that image?

That's the question posed by the case of a curious monkey with a toothy grin and a knack for pressing a camera button. The issue was back in the spotlight Wednesday as a federal appeals court heard arguments on whether an animal can hold a copyright to selfie photos

It's a freaking monkey. What the hell is he going to do with the pictures paste them on his facebook page much less argue copyright legalities?

If you want to throw money away send it to me. I'll be sure to spend it wisely.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

TIL the court systems are FUBAR

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/no-monkey-business-as-court-considers-animals-selfie/

If a monkey takes a selfie in the forest, does it own the copyright to that image?

That's the question posed by the case of a curious monkey with a toothy grin and a knack for pressing a camera button. The issue was back in the spotlight Wednesday as a federal appeals court heard arguments on whether an animal can hold a copyright to selfie photos

It's a freaking monkey. What the hell is he going to do with the pictures paste them on his facebook page much less argue copyright legalities?

If you want to throw money away send it to me. I'll be sure to spend it wisely.

But the cheeseburger I had for lunch was delicious.

Thank you!

CBF

I got your back with these jokers my Canadian Bro! ;-)

:-)

I am gonna sound like my mother: "Does it really kill people to read this, figure out they know about it, then just remain silent? What are we in Grade 2?"

Not talking to you Tom. We all know, you just gotta raise your hand: "Oh, oh, oh, Mr. Kotter!"

I am gonna cut the RichardHeads off @ the pass here.

Is this for you or us (Tom not included, he knows everything) CBF? It must be killing your "detractors" not knowing!

;-)

I am gonna cut the RichardHeads off @ the pass here.

Is this for you or us (Tom not included, he knows everything) CBF? It must be killing your "detractors" not knowing!

;-)

hahaha I actually knew this about Mitch

a great comic who's life ended way too soon

CBF

LoL... The hounds are going to pummel you.

But, thanks... I never knew that! Take that all you haters!

haha well like I said....the "TIL" is also meant for everyone who reads this thread

They may just learn something new!

TIL: In its January 1988 issue, Cosmopolitan ran a feature claiming that women had almost no reason to worry about contracting HIV. The piece claimed that unprotected sex with an HIV-positive man did not put women at risk of infection and went on to state that "most heterosexuals are not at risk".

CBF

And if you think about it, that feature probably killed some people.

Well, that may be what should happen to people who go to Cosmo for health instructions.

OK, I was just kidding.....no one should die of stupidity. :)

If it has there would be 50 laywer commercials on CNN.

Well, that may be what should happen to people who go to Cosmo for health instructions.

OK, I was just kidding.....no one should die of stupidity. :)

We do far too much to prevent stupidity from being weeded out of gene pool.