Today I Learned....PartII

pshaw I'd put my Border Collie up against a bee any day.

Can a bee fetch my paper? Or a beer?

Can a bee tell when you need kisses and love?

Can a bee understand my tone of voice?

Mimicry? Hi Five, smile, rooster your head side to side, have a staring contest?

TIL Wild Horses couldn't drag me away

Watch: Wild horse attacks alligator in Florida

Not really something new that I learned today, but watching The Great War on PBS American Experience, it's amazing and slightly humorous to see pictures of hospitals full of patients and staff smoking cigarettes

My mother-in-law was an RN. She learned to smoke cigarettes in nursing school.

@ work... They used to have signs on the wall that would pivot and have to be flipped right side up. When flipped, it said: "No Smoking." We would have to flip them when tankers with petrol-chem, HAZMAT, etc... would transit the lock so nobody would smoke and we wouldn't go all boom! We would see who could drive the fastest with the golf cart and flip them all the quickest. I am surprised there was never a crash into the lock chamber. :lol:

Now? There is just "no smoking signs" everywhere, permanently mounted: "Danger! No Smoking During Lockage" What fun is that?

People got on line and voted for their favorite attraction in New York. Boldt Castle on Heart Island in the Thousand Islands was #1 and Letchworth State Park was #2.

I learned people have very poor taste in attractions.

People got on line and voted for their favorite attraction in New York. Boldt Castle on Heart Island in the Thousand Islands was #1 and Letchworth State Park was #2.

I learned people have very poor taste in attractions.

I came to the bolded conclusion long ago

We had a 2.3 earthquake today which doesn't happen very often. The was one when I was on grade school, but I don't remember it. This is the first one I ever felt and heard. I can't imagine being in a serious one.

You have to die from something! :)

Where are you?