So far Bills Secondary appears to be weaker for 2017

gjv001

Like Zack Brown and or Lorax, in the right scheme and or formation and with the right coaching, Hyde or anyone can bloom

However there's no guarantee this will occur just because a message board wills it so with blind enthusiasm, lol

Nevertheless I like the FA signing as an upgrade replacement for NRC and as the nickel corner

However that's not a full time starting player

We will still need a defecto starting safety, alongside Graham, with a better ceiling than Hyde has shown to date

I don't think Porter is that either though again a fine depth backup

And we still need a starting corner, and at minumum a starting OLB, if you think P Brown is saveable, if not then two of em

In otherwords, yes our starting secondary does look worse, for now, though our depth backup is greatly improved

We still have a ways to go in the back 7

jc

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Zack Brown and or Lorax, in the right scheme and or formation and with the right coaching, Hyde or anyone can bloom

However there's no guarantee this will occur just because a message board wills it so with blind enthusiasm, lol

Nevertheless I like the FA signing as an upgrade replacement for NRC and as the nickel corner

However that's not a full time starting player

We will still need a defecto starting safety, alongside Graham, with a better ceiling than Hyde has shown to date

I don't think Porter is that either though again a fine depth backup

And we still need a starting corner, and at minumum a starting OLB, if you think P Brown is saveable, if not then two of em

In otherwords, yes our starting secondary does look worse, for now, though our depth backup is greatly improved

We still have a ways to go in the back 7

jc

Fair enough.

But just like the blind enthusiasm of fans posting in a forum doesn't equate to a starting safety, neither does a fan's skepticism eliminate that possibility.

I doubt we're done with the process of rebuilding the secondary, regardless.

Great, because the pundits say this is one heck of a draft for going out and potentially finding some decent 4 years starters at C/S, not only at #10 with the likes of Adams, Hooker, Lattimore, and Humphries potentially on the board, but maybe trading back and getting an extra 2nd round pick, and picking up 2nd round secondary talent in the 3rd and 4th rounds

jc

talk money

Gilmore ($14 mil) , Arron Williams ($6 mil), Robey ($2 mil) = $22 mil & likely cut corey graham ($5) = $27 mil total

Hyde ($6 mil) and Poyer ($4 mil ??) = $10 mil

you still have as much as $12 - 17 mil to spend......

corey graham is a for sure cut