Beer Thread

RaoulDuke79

I had a cold Miller Lite after walking around what I can best describe as Mayberry, RFD, town square with my dog. I drink very little beer these days, maybe one/month (though wine in another story), but that was one good, cold beer. NOT being some clever craft beer was actually a relief.

NOT being some clever craft beer was actually a relief.

why?

To me..that is like someone saying" liked that my grilled steak was grey all around the edges ...forget that fancy sous vide crap"

Edited by plenzmd1

why?

To me..that is like someone saying" liked that my grilled steak was grey all around the edges ...forget that fancy sous vide crap"

I get it. Sometimes the simplicity of an ice cold Miller Lite or Labatt can be a refreshing break from the world of fancy pants craft beers. After I get done mowing the lawn, I want a Miller Lite not a double whipple IPA.

I get it. Sometimes the simplicity of an ice cold Miller Lite or Labatt can be a refreshing break from the world of fancy pants craft beers. After I get done mowing the lawn, I want a Miller Lite not a double whipple IPA.

Certainly there are different beers for different occasions. I'm most likely not going to drink a Corona in the dead of winter. Just like I'm probably not going to drink a oatmeal stout while playing slow pitch softball lol. That would not turn out well.

I also agree with this somewhat....although, i'd reach for an all-day ipa over a bud 99% of the time, but sometimes, if you can't be with the one you love....love the one your with

I get it...but I think it's also just as simple putting a nice cold Victory Prima Pils down my gullet :thumbsup:

Remember, I still drink Genny quite a bit...so my taste buds and intelligence are off as a starting point!

a person not used to drinking craft beer would never think to substitute their bud light, coors light, corona etc for a prima pils or a founders all day, it's an intimidating leap and also a more expensive one. so i completely get staying in your comfort zone, all you can do is educate them that not all craft beer is heavy alcohol and body....

I get it...but I think it's also just as simple putting a nice cold Victory Prima Pils down my gullet :thumbsup:

Remember, I still drink Genny quite a bit...so my taste buds and intelligence are off as a starting point!

i've been there a few times and i have a friend here that drives down there practically ever week for their releases, he brings a mule with him so he can get double the allotment. Their beer is very, very, very good

Hey Pooj, not sure if you come back to Richmond or not, but if you do lets plan on a trip here.

http://www.richmond.com/food-drink/veil-brewing-s-limited-releases-draw-unlimited-attention-praise/article_87725c42-5cb5-51c5-b276-873ce73b0377.html

I have not been yet..

So China good, America bad. Regulation good, corporate power bad. Never thought I'd hear that from you.

I'm not a fan of the corporate merger mania in any industry. It rarely benefits anyone except the lawyers and accountants.

And of course, one of the few things government is supposed to do to help (antitrust) they completely abandon 9 times out of 10.

I'm not a fan of the corporate merger mania in any industry. It rarely benefits anyone except the lawyers and accountants.

And of course, one of the few things government is supposed to do to help (antitrust) they completely abandon 9 times out of 10.

I agree but of all of the presidents Theodore Roosevelt did best job IMO.