Beer Thread

RaoulDuke79

Brooklyn Lager is my go-to these days. That and Sierra Nevada. On a hot summer day, I like a good Coors (not light) or PBR. When I travel I try the local fare, usually sticking to a pale ale. Never wheat, never something that needs a slice of citrus.

Brooklyn Lager is my go-to these days. That and Sierra Nevada. On a hot summer day, I like a good Coors (not light) or PBR. When I travel I try the local fare, usually sticking to a pale ale. Never wheat, never something that needs a slice of citrus.

You would hate my Saisons and Sours...

I know there are a few Central Florida residents here. A "newer" brewery that has started to get their product distributed across Florida is Central 28 Brewing.

They have a healthy stable of beers that are continuously produced and have a few that they bring out as "seasonal or special occasion"

I am currently drinking "Trekker" which is a Farmhouse Ale(delicious) and the wife loves their "Under Duck"' a lager.

I highly recommend trying any of their beers if you can find them. Winn Dixie carries a bunch and they are popping up throughout most establishments that carry something other than Bud and Coors Lite as their go to drafts.

Edited by flomoe

I'm not normally a sour guy(I say that, but then everytime i try one, i really enjoy it), but this really sounds like it would be awesome! I like a lot of the stuff Terrapin puts out

Had this over the weekend. Sour meets Coffee Oatmeal Stout. Not as much tart cherry sour flavor as I thought there would be, but still delicious.

Terrapin-Tart-Cherry-Wake-n-Bake.jpg

Had this over the weekend. Sour meets Coffee Oatmeal Stout. Not as much tart cherry sour flavor as I thought there would be, but still delicious.

Terrapin-Tart-Cherry-Wake-n-Bake.jpg

My brother is good friends with Spike. Tried a bunch of their brews. Winning lots of awards.

I like that one but only in the summer.

I had a couple of my standard Lagunitas IPAs tonight.

One of my favorites

Flower Power IPA (Ithaca, NY)

Saranac Legacy IPA (Saranac NY)

Ballast Point Sculpin (CA)

Druthers IPA (Saratoga Springs, NY) (had wayyyy too many of these at our last 518 Lunch last week and still feeling it)

My brother is good friends with Spike. Tried a bunch of their brews. Winning lots of awards.

Went back and bought the Rise and Shine as well. Saving this one for after Lent so I can share it with the wife (At her request) she gives up alcohol for lent. :wallbash:

Terrapin-Rise-n-Shine.jpg

For people who like craft beer on a budget you should check out Costco for Kirkland's craft beer mix. It comes by the case with one six-pack each of brown ale, pale ale, IPA, and double bock. It's really not bad and at $20/case you can't beat the price.

Good to know. Unfortunately I live in the stone age where my Costco doesn't carry alcohol. We just started selling beer on Sundays a few years ago and just started selling beer in convenience stores a few months ago.

I'm off for the next 4 days. Who wants to party? I have to get some painting done, but how hard can that be?

For people who like craft beer on a budget you should check out Costco for Kirkland's craft beer mix. It comes by the case with one six-pack each of brown ale, pale ale, IPA, and double bock. It's really not bad and at $20/case you can't beat the price.

I posted in the other beer thread...it is all brewed by Genny under some fictitious name.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/theres-something-brewing-in-the-walmart-beer-aisle-but-you-cant-call-it-craft/2017/01/22/cb5e5668-deaa-11e6-ad42-f3375f271c9c_story.html?utm_term=.9ac6b062108f

BTW, i should add i am not saying that is bad...I hate to admit i drink plenty of Genny now that Wegmans has moved into Richmond...i even drink it when not gameday!

Edited by plenzmd1

Drinking Stella at the moment. Old standard. My go to is Dogfish Head 60 Minute.

Had a beer guy here tell me about the Dogfish IPA'a when I was just learning about them

60 minute = slightly hoppy

90 minute = very hoppy

120 minute = what the !@#$ were they thinking?!?!