Russ Brandon deserves lots of credit

Howard

electric - I don't think my postings are too bad. I'm still getting use to this new computer that we bought at the consignment. Thats why my postings are'nt long like others but we do our best. My wife shares my account now so we can still get Bills news. I watch the Sabres too so thats why I like Mr Brandin so much because he attracts good talent Kind of like how i attracted Shirl 56 years a go smilee

Please, PLEASE post more often!!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote him

You seem like a nice young man. I would come help you if i was closer. When we blow a fuse i usually get one from my workbench in the garage. Is it a 20 or 30 amp fuse? I have both here.

You are very good to help. Maybe I can go buy a fuse at the re-fuse company. But I looked in the fuse box in the basement yesterday and there is only a bunch of switches in there. So I called the power company today after you told me what to do. They said they are aware that the power is out. I said so am I, I didn't need to call the electric company to find that out you can hear it on the radio if you have batteries or a car with a radio in there. I said what i need them for is to turn it back on and I asked where are the fuses in my fuse box I only have switches. He said they are circuit breakers in the fuse box and that switching them wont help. I said I wouldn't think so because the circuit is already broken.

I asked did they have somebody who knows about electricity that I could talk to because I had already asked what I want to know which is where I should screw in the fuse. He didn't say anything for a minute but I could hear him whispering to somebody. He said all the electric repair people are already out working. I said I didn't see anybody out there you can tell because they have giant trucks and there aren't any and there is nobody up on the poles. I asked if they could send someone to my house just long enough to show me where to screw in the fuse. He said they can only send somebody immediately if there is a medical emergency like if somebody is on life support or in medical peril.

I said my goldfish Whaley's bowl has frozen into a block of ice and he looks ok in there but I am not sure how long he can go without being thawed out before he catches cold or the flu or something. He apologized and said they can't come for goldfish and he said to take Whaley to the library to thaw him out and if my power wasn't on when I got back to call again later when his shift is over.

My mailman will be by around 2PM I will ask him where the fuses go before I take Whaley to the library. Is it ok if I tell him Howard said it was ok to ask? That way he can call you on two way postal radio if he needs information.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

You are very good to help. Maybe I can go buy a fuse at the re-fuse company. But I looked in the fuse box in the basement yesterday and there is only a bunch of switches in there. So I called the power company today after you told me what to do. They said they are aware that the power is out. I said so am I, I didn't need to call the electric company to find that out you can hear it on the radio if you have batteries or a car with a radio in there. I said what i need them for is to turn it back on and I asked where are the fuses in my fuse box I only have switches. He said they are circuit breakers in the fuse box and that switching them wont help. I said I wouldn't think so because the circuit is already broken.

I asked did they have somebody who knows about electricity that I could talk to because I had already asked what I want to know which is where I should screw in the fuse. He didn't say anything for a minute but I could hear him whispering to somebody. He said all the electric repair people are already out working. I said I didn't see anybody out there you can tell because they have giant trucks and there aren't any and there is nobody up on the poles. I asked if they could send someone to my house just long enough to show me where to screw in the fuse. He said they can only send somebody immediately if there is a medical emergency like if somebody is on life support or in medical peril.

I said my goldfish Whaley's bowl has frozen into a block of ice and he looks ok in there but I am not sure how long he can go without being thawed out before he catches cold or the flu or something. He apologized and said they can't come for goldfish and he said to take Whaley to the library to thaw him out and if my power wasn't on when I got back to call again later when his shift is over.

My mailman will be by around 2PM I will ask him where the fuses go before I take Whaley to the library. Is it ok if I tell him Howard said it was ok to ask? That way he can call you on two way postal radio if he needs information.

I don't know what any of this has to do with Russ Brandon, please stay on topic.

Maybe you should try to get up in Howards DM's

Thank you for your service.

Quote him

The postal service is something i am proud of. Your welcome. If I can help you in any way please instant messenger me. I may not be there right away but i'll be there soon.

Quote him

If you use my name make sure you use my badge name (instant messager me and I'll give you my badge number). The thing with fuses is you can line 6 of them up and pigtail them into the box and then you have power for five appliances (Shirl told me how it's best to spread power over five recepticles rather than one). Just tell them Howard from S Buffalo 202 said to get the power fixed and Mickey from the 209 did also. (Mickey is agood guy bu usually drunk). Damn it I wish I could help but cant drive to Rochester tonight. Shirl has her Weight watchers at the catholic church at 7 and then we go for fish fry at 8!and frozen custard at Kone King at 8. If you need help just message me here.

Quote him

The postal service is something i am proud of. Your welcome. If I can help you in any way please instant messenger me. I may not be there right away but i'll be there soon.

Just like your mail- unreliable..... Howard the coward was forced into retirement because he couldn't deal with the women's cat calls.... everyone knew he was gay....

Just like your mail- unreliable..... Howard the coward was forced into retirement because he couldn't deal with the women's cat calls.... everyone knew he was gay....

Quote him

I had punks like you on my route. Always with a comment with your tight dungarees and pinpoint collars. But i settled my fair share of disputes with your type usually under a maple tree off Broadway or SouthPark. Had my fair share of scraps and scratched eyes from those punks. Always one thing i remember is they ran home to their mommys just like rex and his pudgy brother. You know who was standing in the end ? Me - and Mr Brandin becaus he is hardnosd like me. Glad we have him.

Here's my personal (and recent) story on my "interaction" or, better yet, lack there of an interaction with Russ Brandon:

Last year, I finished my graduate school coursework in Sport Management and needed an internship to earn my Master's. As luck would have it, through a family member, I was put in contact with a former Bills scout who knew Russ Brandon personally (since he first started with the team in the late 90s). I was put in contact with the scout and he said he would let Brandon know my situation, give him my contact information and see if I could get an internship- an unpaid internship, mind you- with the team.

No response. Not even an e-mail saying "Sorry, there are no internships available with either the Bills or any other PSE property." I let the scout know that months had passed with no response and he said "I guess I didn't know Russ like I thought I did."

I'm not bitter or anything, that's just the experience I've had with him. I can't definitively make a statement on him as a person since I've never met him personally. But he should definitely stay away from football decisions!