In favor of Tyrod signing or no? Please substantiate.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm loving it. Does Taylor have things he needs to improve? Of course he does, but there is no denying he is one of the most exciting QBs in the league and he takes care of the ball well. He has one of the prettiest deep balls. He didn't connect on as much as he did the 2015 season but IMO he is the best answer at QB for the time being.

He may or not be the future franchise QB, we don't know that for sure yet, but he can damn sure put points on the board. And I for one don't care if it's passing, or running, just as long as we score and continue to put points up.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

I think it is smart if unspectacular management on DW's part. We shouldn't be going into FA and the draft having nothing at QB and being forced to say that Cardale is a legit option. That Doug got TT to restructure and want to come back shows he has some serious pull with some players. I am heartened by TT's wanting to be here regardless of whether there were any other serious offers. I want us to take a QB high but I also think TT has some more room to the upside. If he gets his midrange game right or even adds just a few throws over the middle to his repertoire we might have Russell Wilson lite.

i just hope ty can make some kind of incremental improvement over last season. i expected that to happen in his season two of starting, and i thought he did try to use the field more and lead receivers early in the year, but he seemed to regress pretty quickly back to what he was in '15. so my confidence is low that hes going to show us much progress, but if he does it sure could go a long way to ending the playoff drought

I am in favor of it. I would have been ok with it without the restructure, but very excited about the restructure. I like Tyrod, he protects the ball well, throws a great deep Ball and plays smart and gives us a chance to win. I feel he is the best we had since Kelly. I realize he is no Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. But he is a good mid tier starting qb that we have on a bargain deal. It was the right move, there is no one better we could have got, and probably could have spent more on someone worse.

Yes, I'm loving it. Does Taylor have things he needs to improve? Of course he does, but there is no denying he is one of the most exciting QBs in the league and he takes care of the ball well. He has one of the prettiest deep balls. He didn't connect on as much as he did the 2015 season but IMO he is the best answer at QB for the time being.

He may or not be the future franchise QB, we don't know that for sure yet, but he can damn sure put points on the board. And I for one don't care if it's passing, or running, just as long as we score and continue to put points up.

Somehow, some think that a rushing TD is worth less than a passing TD.

Definitely like this Lowest cap hit for a starting QB in the league. And while he's not Arod, he's still damn good. Looking forward to seeing how Dennison uses him.

Yes me too. This is the main reason why I think we may see a better Tyrod this upcoming season.

Somehow, some think that a rushing TD is worth less than a passing TD.

I know right. It certainly seems that way with some people. I don't care how pretty it is or how ugly it is, 6 pts is still 6 pts.

Hate it if we are getting the inconsistent game manager Taylor that hates throwing the football.

If new coaches put a shock collar on him that forces him to get rid of the ball in a timely manner that might be welcomed

Your poll game is weak new guy. Add the poll !!

100% in favor, especially with restructure. Mid-level starter for small money. No long term commitment. Won't preclude Bills from drafting new QB this year (or more likely next.) Only people with a fetish for losing would have brought in a Glennon for stupid money or expected a Trubiskey to play this year.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Yes, in favor.

I was all for bringing Taylor back even without a restructure. Not because he's that great, but due to the lack of better options.

The fact that we actually pulled off the restructure and freed up some cap room is a huge bonus.

Now go draft a QB within rounds 1-2 either this year or next, while we still have Taylor to hold down the fort.

If you don't like the Tyrod re-signing you must be about 2 years old or you forgot all of the p***-poor QB of the previous15 years.

And if you believe that TT is not a franchise QB but Cardale could be, we are in great shape because Cardale is still at least a year away. By the time Cardale is capable of starting TT's contract will look like an average contract for a veteran back-up.

Edited by jumbalaya

Frankly, I think the fact that they resigned Tyrod means there isn't a high-round QB they are "up" on drafting, in which case I AM in favor of it. See what next year's class looks like.

this is what I'm thinking. next year they may draft a QB high and this season use the high pick on defense. I just sense defense early.

as for taylor, I always felt he was in a sophomore slump? the way the offense was called, run heavy, you were not going to see a lot of passing anyway, and didn't. I think dennison will bring in a more diverse scheme and you'll see more pass attempts but still a relentless running game? which would be good.

glad the deal is done and they can now continue to focus at the challenge ahead. I like the staff, has a different feel, kind of have the impression McD may be the quiet type but will run a very tight ship. we shall see, a lot of off season to get through yet.

in favor of the contract, works good for both sides it seems.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Where were you last week when BBMB posters were signing in here? You wait for the news on TT to join in order to continue with your hate agenda.

The Bills were last in pass attempts because they are a terrific running team, which this offense is built around. And starting scrub WRs didn't help the passing game either. How about the top ten in points scored by the offense? That is good enough for the playoffs. Fix the defense.

I joined last week, bud.

Just another wonderful example of what you do, and that's talking out of your rear, and not owning up to it when you are wrong.