TYROD IS STAYING

They were never at no time going to take a QB at #10, Not this year. They could still take one in the 3rd or 4th but not before and it depends on who is available at the time. They went with the best option, just like Bills fans want them to do. Choose the best option. I know you really were not asking them to reach and hope for a rookie to start this coming season were you? How was that going to work out? They played the best hand they had. It's not over yet.

Okay, so hypothetically Tyrod plays exactly as well as he did last year...resulting in another season without the playoffs. Now what? Who did you groom? How ready are you to handle the future? Just try it again, fourth time is a charm?

I really don't understand how, after literally witnessing the greatest example over the past 20 years that QB is the most crucial position to a team's success, Bills fans still want their team to avoid drafting them.

We've taken exactly two QB's in the first round in the last 33 years. TWO!! It's MIND NUMBING to me that there are still people that think drafting a QB is not the answer every year until we strike gold. MIND NUMBING.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just when you think this organization is done making terrible moves, they go and do something like this.

Tyrod isn't good. It blows my mind some people think this is a great decision.

Russ Brandon was a better GM than Doug Whaley.

The only good news is this pretty much guarantees Whaley being axed in the next 2 years. Hate it for the coaching staff but McDermott should've told Pegs and company first interview he wasn't going with TT.

What would you have done at QB? And would it have been an option that didn't waste Williams' and McCoy's talent?

Okay, so hypothetically Tyrod plays exactly as well as he did last year...resulting in another season without the playoffs. Now what? Who did you groom? How ready are you to handle the future? Just try it again, fourth time is a charm?

I really don't understand how, after literally witnessing the greatest example over the past 20 years that QB is the most crucial position to a team's success, Bills fans still want their team to avoid drafting them.

We've taken exactly two QB's in the first round in the last 33 years. TWO!! It's MIND NUMBING to me that there are still people that think drafting a QB is not the answer every year until we strike gold. MIND NUMBING.

I don't think Bills fans expect much anymore. They just want to be in the hunt till around Thanksgiving, then complain the last 3-4 games when it's obvious we are out.

If I'm reading Vic correctly, they basically converted $7M off his 2017 base salary to a signing bonus.

I think so?

I don't see anything of that amount on SpotRac but his cap hit would be $16M and now it's under $9.

He's taking a big salary cut for a signing bonus.

Taylor's play isn't the reason they didn't make the playoffs.

If the defense improves (as it should) under new coaching and Tyrod plays as he did last year, the Bills are probably 10-6 or better. If Tyrod improves or is a better fit in Dennison's offense, who knows? Your angst is a little bit illogical.

Just when you think this organization is done making terrible moves, they go and do something like this.

The only good news is this pretty much guarantees Whaley being axed in the next 2 years. Hate it for the coaching staff but McDermott should've told Pegs and company first interview he wasn't going with TT.

So you think letting him walk and leaving them with just Jones at QB is a great GM move? I'm not hearing any other REALISTIC options. I seriously don't know what some expected to happen. They took the best option they had.

Same old Bills, we can expect the same fans screaming in the stands the exact same thing as last season, "throw the dam ball Tyrod". It's Fitz 2.0 with Whaley, he loves overpaying for other teams backups.

That's how coaches operate. They can't think strategically, only short term. McDermott is proving he is no BB.

!@#$, youre right. i loved the hire, but keeping tyrod is a mistake.

now we are going to waste another season and go 7-9, if we're lucky.

the bills have been delusional for way too long. it's incredible really

JUST !@#$ING TANK ALREADY AND GET THE DAM QB

Edited by GETTOTHE50

I don't think Bills fans expect much anymore. They just want to be in the hunt till around Thanksgiving, then complain the last 3-4 games when it's obvious we are out.

I think every fanbase want's to get Tom Brady or even Russell Wilson lucky, but most of them don't... If your life plan is to win the lotto, your life is going to suck.

Edited by T-Bomb

My plan would be to try to trade back in the first (need a partner, of course) for additional picks. Take Mahomes, and then address DB and WR (draft is extremely deep at db). Get an extra 2nd, draft Godwin, and the top available safety.

My opinion of Whaley just increased tenfold. No pressure to draft a quarterback this year and next year's class will be much better.

exactly. Build other areas while the getting's good.all in due time. But if Watson falls to us at 44,pull the trigger

HATE, HATE,HATE this!!!!

If they don't draft a QB this year, which they shouldn't at 10, they will finish too high next year to get one.

I know many hate to hear it but this year is a rebuilding year.

New O, new D and new ST means we aren't doing jack. Might as well bite the bullet BUT NOOOO ," Lets bring TT back. He gives us a chance to win. "

He doesn't give us a chance to win anything worthwhile!!!!

New HC just screwed himself and us for a few more years.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Taylor's play isn't the reason they didn't make the playoffs.

It's a QB driven league, last one to score wins. Pitt game showed who Tyrod is, Mr consecutive 3 and out. First half he had negative 1 yard per play, teams know how to stop Tyrod, make him be a QB. If we had a better QB we would have made the playoffs. Whaley QB purgatory

Wasn't a fan of keeping TT with the old deal, but the re-structure is key here. I didnt like the idea of paying him top money, but now if it's more reasonable, it makes more sense to keep him. Especially if there isn't a gem at 10. Seem like the QB's is this draft need a little time. Now, I wouldnt't draft a qb at 10, I would go WR or Safety or Corner....

If the defense improves (as it should) under new coaching and Tyrod plays as he did last year, the Bills are probably 10-6 or better. If Tyrod improves or is a better fit in Dennison's offense, who knows? Your angst is a little bit illogical.

It's not illogical to predict we miss the playoffs, but I guess I'll revise my post to simply...okay, let's say we miss the playoffs again. I'm sure Tyrod will dance around all the blame and that's fine, but now what? Without a QB waiting in the wings I don't understand what we're to expect? Do we ride Taylor until he's 30+?

Edit*: I should point out for millionth time here, that I don't mind this restructure at all...my "angst" is that no one seems to also want to draft a QB. No need to misinterpret what I'm really trying to get at and focus exclusively on another Tyrod evaluation, I'm not interested in that - we know what we have in him.

Edited by fridge

It's a QB driven league, last one to score wins. Pitt game showed who Tyrod is, Mr consecutive 3 and out. First half he had negative 1 yard per play, teams know how to stop Tyrod, make him be a QB. If we had a better QB we would have made the playoffs. Whaley QB purgatory

Please name the better QB, I want to know who it is.