Report: Romo to be released, barring trade offer

@foxsportsradio

REPORT: Dallas Cowboys will release Tony Romo on Thursday barring Trade Offer.

Details: http://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/articles/the-locker-room-486404-486404/report-cowboys-to-release-romo-on-15627543/

IMO - this is the proverbial shoe that the Bills have been waiting for. Romo is rumored to be on his way to Denver following his release. I think the Bills will trade TT, trade for Simiean (no i can't spell it yet) and draft a QB. Will free up 15 mill in cap for FAs at other positions.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets do this!!!!! C'mon Whaley and Co. Its the right move.I like Tyrod but would rather have Romo. Draft a young QB and let Romo help develop rookie and Cardale...

If we can trade Tyrod this would be the best thing we can do!

Edited by wppete

@foxsportsradio

Details: http://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/articles/the-locker-room-486404-486404/report-cowboys-to-release-romo-on-15627543/

IMO - this is the proverbial shoe that the Bills have been waiting for. I think they will trade TT, trade for Simiean (no i can't spell it yet) and draft a QB. Will free up 15 mill in cap for FAs at other positions.

I've heard all kinds of theories how to trade TT...can someone give me a one sentence summary? Something about how we have to sign him on the Option deal and then trade him during that 48 hour window to avoid paying the huge bonus?? How can we be certain a team will want to acquire him? Then we're stuck. Or is it a negotiating tactic?

@foxsportsradio

IMO - this is the proverbial shoe that the Bills have been waiting for. I think they will trade TT, trade for Simiean (no i can't spell it yet) and draft a QB. Will free up 15 mill in cap for FAs at other positions.

I doubt it b.c who really thinks Romo would come here?

I've heard all kinds of theories how to trade TT...can someone give me a one sentence summary? Something about how we have to sign him on the Option deal and then trade him during that 48 hour window to avoid paying the huge bonus?? How can we be certain a team will want to acquire him? Then we're stuck. Or is it a negotiating tactic?

He is under contract currently. If they trade him, the new team will need to pick up his option. He has a Lot of value on the trade market because his contract, with the option, isn't bad for a starting QB and they won't need to compete in FA for his services.

I would imagine that cutting McCoy AND trading Darius would have to fit into any scenario involving a TT trade. Does anyone know the cap savings that would create?

I just keep hoping Houston is dumb and doesn't pursue him. If Houston's in - that's that.

Maybe i'm being duped. But Vance Joseph and John Elway seemed pretty genuine to me when they said it'll be Trevor Siemian or Paxton Lynch. And KC has slammed the door on Romo emphatically everytime it's brought up.

I honestly think we'd have a shot if Houston was out.

I would imagine that cutting McCoy AND trading Darius would have to fit into any scenario involving a TT trade. Does anyone know the cap savings that would create?

Why? We can decline his option with no cap hit. Trading him before the option would not create a cap hit. It literally has nothing to do with Shady or Dareus.