Reason NRC was released

cover1

Captain Munnerlyn was same size as Robey and played well at nickel under McDermott. Don't get it. For 1.5 mil in savings.

Can you say extension? TT's extension is really going to put is in a tight place cap-wise.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We might have to spend all six picks on secondary the way it is going. That is not many miss tackles if you look at others at his position. He was a playmaker. Dont get it. Odds are his replacement won't be as good.

I don't get it either. Small cap hit for a guy that would outplay most rooks next year. We don't even have a 4th round pick either, this is a head scratcher.

Every corner gets beat multiple times per game, this kid was no exception but he was above average. Weird move.

This draft is deep, and lets face it DBs aren't valued as high in this cover 3 system.

Considering McDermott's defense went from top five to bottom ten after losing Norman, I don't think that argument holds water.

I liked the way RC played for us and he appeared to want to play here

So I'm sad to see him released

But I assume he no longer fits the scheme and the powers that be think we can upgrade

Great

Pretty sure Seymour will be that guy

And a high draft pick will replace Gilmore

The question is who will replace Seymour?

I'm just hope its not a FA

Cos everytime you release a player and replace him with a FA it counts as a negative against the comp picks

And one of the the reasons we didn't get any this year is because we signed too many FA bit parts

Especially in the secondary

So here's to filling Seymour's roster spot with another released player

jc

Considering McDermott's defense went from top five to bottom ten after losing Norman, I don't think that argument holds water.

Norman was a great fit in that defense, and he was obviously a key part of their success, but losing him wasn't the only thing that happened to them last year.

I agree with the other poster, in that DBs aren't as highly valued in this scheme. Front 7 is where it's at under McDermott.

I'll always remember his rookie year fondly.

yep he was every where

The guy you're referring to is one of the most gawd-awful trolls in the long history of this forum. He's been polluting innumerable threads with his uninformed garbage at any time he isn't banned. His presence has a significantly negative effect on the quality of discussion at TBD and I know I'm not the only one who wishes the mods would make his ban permanent due to his inability/unwillingness to self-regulate. If you figure out how to use the Ignore feature, it will improve the quality of your experience here, although you will still have to see his trash second hand when other posters respond to it.

Welcome aboard!

I cannot think of a better introduction to our Dear beloved.

Perhaps i could add a bit of garnish to this . but the dish seems well served.

With all earned and due respect Simon :thumbsup:

yep he was every where

It was actually a sort of selfish post.

If the mods won't run him then the more people who put him on ignore, then the less people are subjected to his typorrhea 0:)

According to pff Roby was the Bills highest rated cb in coverage last year, 31st in the league. The Bills, had the 24th rated secondary with Darby #2 in the league against the run, and Graham the Bills overall best. No mention of superstar Gilmore. Not a member of pff but happened to see the article.

Edited by Turk71

yep he was every where

Et tu, third? Edited by FireChan

Those PFF ratings are correct except Graham was top 15 pretty much most of the year until the last 2-3 games

Guess PFF blamed him for some off the long runs

Yes, NRC was our highest rated CB pretty well the entire year though Gilmore has a great second half

jc

Those PFF ratings are correct except Graham was top 15 pretty much most of the year until the last 2-3 games

Guess PFF blamed him for some off the long runs

Yes, NRC was our highest rated CB pretty well the entire year though Gilmore has a great second half

jc

I noticed how Gilmore was upping his effort as the season wound down. He just wants to get paid I think. Need guys with not only talent, but a lot of heart and love of the game.

NRC could play boundary in a pinch on a smaller guy. We're only a few years removed from Justin Rogers getting lit up back there.

I've noticed Simon gets very intense when someone criticizes Whaley.

simon is a passionate and intense guy. He knows his football. I've never had a problem with him. I've never had a problem with you. I don't worry that much over the non serious folks here

The only one I can't stand is that I tofu hippy coach Tuesday. Dude doesn't eat meat!

Actually I never had a problem with the froot

simon is a passionate and intense guy. He knows his football. I've never had a problem with him. I've never had a problem with you. I don't worry that much over the non serious folks here

The only one I can't stand is that I tofu hippy coach Tuesday. Dude doesn't eat meat!

Actually I never had a problem with the froot

Ironically I probably have spent more $$ at farmers' markets than anyone else on this board, you idjit.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

No reason he should not have been kept for depth at the very least. You telling me we are going to lose Gilmore and Robey-Coleman and we are going to have 5 or 6 CBs on our roster next year better than him? I don't think so.

If the replacements can tackle they are already an upgrade.

I admire NRC's heart.