Glennon to get $14-$15m / yr

And Cincinnati. I mention it in every one of these threads. People tend to ignore it because we won but it was right up there with Baltimore as his worst all 22 of the season. Open receivers were running all over the field on every dropback and he didn't see them. He missed a straightforward touchdown to a wide open Tate all alone in the corner of the endzone on a simple safety read and on 5 occassions he bailed out of clean pockets.

There were 5 or 6 ugly all 22s for Tyrod last year but the Cincinnati game took some beating. The Monday evening when I sat down to review the all 22 was the day I gave up on the idea that Tyrod could be more than a bridge Quarterback... there is just too many basic reads blown, clean pockets abandoned and open receivers missed on film.

And that is why I am ambivalent on what they decide to do. I am probably edging towards release him but I will understand if they keep him and certainly won't kill them for it.

Cincy was ugly for sure.

Do you watch other all 22s? I respect your opinion on these matters so I would be interested if you watch other ones as well to give a comparison. I don't watch them so I can't offer perspective on it but I see other QBs have flat out terrible games that are good/great QBs. Russel Wilson against Tampa Bay and Green Bay, Big Ben against the Fins or the Bills, and Cam either game against the Falcons and Seahawks. Those are just some terrible games by those QBs who we all agree are better than Tyrod. Does the all 22 allow you to look at other teams or just one specific? I would be interested to hear yours or others analysis of those games.

Also a couple of things that make me go hmmm.

With Wrs being open all over the field. I have no doubt that they were because I don't think you would lie about it. Does it stand to reason that even if they are open, not having timing or rhythm with those guys would effect his willingness to pull the trigger? We know he is risk averse so if he is unsure about where they will be and how long it will take them to get there I could see him not wanting to pull the trigger. Not forgiving it but I do get it if it is indeed the case.

His stats with a healthy Sammy give me pause. I remember the thread at the start of the year that if Sammy went down we were in trouble at the WR position. He did and we were.

Knowing Rex's penchant for taking some games more serious than others and put more time and effort into them, I have a hard time killing anyone for their play the last 2 years. I thought Rex lived and breathed football, I was wrong. He lived and breather being a celebrity.

It felt like they loosened the reigns at the end of the season on Tyrod and I really liked what I saw against Cleveland and Miami. I wish if they had done it sooner so we would have a whole season of him "letting it rip" to evaluate. Was last year a sophomore slump or was it indicative of what he is now. Now the Bills have to answer a 20 million dollar question with incomplete info.

Lastly, if Mike freaking Glennon is worth 14-15 million Tyrod absolutely is worth that and more.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Money's gone insane. This is the age of Madness. It's like the NBA too. where bench players are getting insane amount of money. and every star commands/ will command $200m contracts. These mothers make in a minute what most of us hope to in a lifetime.

Money's gone insane. This is the age of Madness. It's like the NBA too. where bench players are getting insane amount of money. and every star commands/ will command $200m contracts. These mothers make in a minute what most of us hope to in a lifetime.

Agreed kinda. Money has gone insane in baseball. Not football. Nba is ridiculous too. But football is still not at that level.

When you have Bryce Harper thinking hes worth half a billion dollars you know the system is broken. What's trout worth then? 1billion? Should he be part owner of the Angels? Baseball has gone bonkers.

Edited by bobobonators

Just because someone else will overpay for bad Quarterbacks doesn't mean we should overpay our average one. See Texans, Houston and Osweiler, Brock.

Just because another team is going to overdraft a qb that historically has roughly a 10% chance of amounting to anything doesnt mean we should overdraft a huge project. Tyrod Taylor is a known and if the coaching staff want to rile with him then I am fine. I have zero faith in doug whaley's ability to identify anything resembling a qb.

Guess Tyrod should start throwing the football like Glennon then.

You cleary have any clue and cleary hate TT

Glennons numbers 59.4% 6.5 ypp 30tds 15int 84.6 rate

Tyrod numbers 62.3% 7.4 ypp 37 td 14 int 92.3 rate

In every manner and every way Tyrod is the better qb.

The Bills as a team are likely to struggle badly this year. That's the result of 5+ years of terrible drafting.

I'm pretty confident that Tyrod wins more games than one of these unprepared rookies.

I don't see how it makes any sense to draft a rookie, who every analyst says isn't ready to play this year, and burden them with the expectation that they need to show that they're "the guy", or else you go and replace them in 2018 after they inevitably don't play well enough.

Exactly thats all im reading here, draft a qb and if he fails do it again in 2018. What kind of oxymoron crap is this. The same posters arent expecting the team to be competitive or a rookie to do anything yet 20 posts later say if the rookie doesnt play well try it again. Its a trap!

This is the new NFL. 1st round draft picks come in way more prepared than a decade ago. Players that have "it" show early. My plan did not demand the 1st round QB play, only that he compete with Cardale and 1 other young prospect (Chad Kelly). The winner will be who the coaches feel best going forward with. The Eagles finished with the same record as the Bills last year PLUS they got their young QB valuable snaps.

It's about building a winner, not coasting around hoping for the best.

No, I feel the odds are that my plan would have a young QB emerge BETTER and CHEAPER than Tyrod within one year. This year is a wash due to heavy free agency loss and new coaches. It's using this year wisely.

not they dont come in more ready. Thry come from gimmicky offenses, with terrible footwork, bad throw habits, no good coaching, rather an offense that is specifically taylored to hide every existing flaw and no requirement to read a defense, take a snap under center, or to run a pro style offense.

Cincy was ugly for sure.

Do you watch other all 22s? I respect your opinion on these matters so I would be interested if you watch other ones as well to give a comparison. I don't watch them so I can't offer perspective on it but I see other QBs have flat out terrible games that are good/great QBs. Russel Wilson against Tampa Bay and Green Bay, Big Ben against the Fins or the Bills, and Cam either game against the Falcons and Seahawks. Those are just some terrible games by those QBs who we all agree are better than Tyrod. Does the all 22 allow you to look at other teams or just one specific? I would be interested to hear yours or others analysis of those games.

Fair challenge. I try and watch the all 22 of the each Bills opponent from their previous 2 games over the course of the week before Buffalo plays them. I don't always manage it because work and life gets in the way and very occasionally, if I have a spare evening, I will watch an all 22 of a team that is on a run to see some of the things they are doing or the all 22 of a game I watched live on tv to see if the things I thought I saw were really there. An example of that was 2015 when people were starting to climb aboard the Kirk Cousins bandwaggon. I watched a game they played v Tampa and thought everything was short and underneath.... when I watched the all 22 of that game that was definitely true but it was noticeable that the scheme seemed designed that way. It was very old school Holmgren / Reid / Gruden WCO. So I adjusted my view of Cousins because actually he was playing within the offense he was being given.

This year I saw Wilson have a pretty horrible game the week before they played the Bills against New Orleans. The difference between that and the Tyrod game against Cincy for example was that he was getting no time in the pocket. His offensive line was collapsing around him on all sides. He was not having the time to wait for guys to be open. Do I see better Quarterbacks than Tyrod play poorly? Sure, all the time - but it is the way Tyrod plays badly that concerns me. Holding the ball, not seeing the field, bailing clean pockets... I think they are so long term limiting that they worry me more than a Quarterback that just has a bad day throwing. It is why I think Tyrod is already at his ceiling. I have lost faith that he can improve in those facets. Miami at the end of the year was a very strong performance, as was Seattle, and as actually was Arizona early on. But there are not enough of those games and that doesn't show progression. He sprinkled in a couple of really nice games in 2015 too - Miami on the road springs to mind as does the Jets at home. But some of the issues (the holding the ball forever when guys are open particularly) actually appeared worse on the 2016 film than it had in 2015.

I understand the people who want to keep Tyrod it is a knife edge decision and if the Bills do bring him back I will be willing him to take that step and prove me wrong.

Fair challenge. I try and watch the all 22 of the each Bills opponent from their previous 2 games over the course of the week before Buffalo plays them. I don't always manage it because work and life gets in the way and very occasionally, if I have a spare evening, I will watch an all 22 of a team that is on a run to see some of the things they are doing or the all 22 of a game I watched live on tv to see if the things I thought I saw were really there. An example of that was 2015 when people were starting to climb aboard the Kirk Cousins bandwaggon. I watched a game they played v Tampa and thought everything was short and underneath.... when I watched the all 22 of that game that was definitely true but it was noticeable that the scheme seemed designed that way. It was very old school Holmgren / Reid / Gruden WCO. So I adjusted my view of Cousins because actually he was playing within the offense he was being given.

This year I saw Wilson have a pretty horrible game the week before they played the Bills against New Orleans. The difference between that and the Tyrod game against Cincy for example was that he was getting no time in the pocket. His offensive line was collapsing around him on all sides. He was not having the time to wait for guys to be open. Do I see better Quarterbacks than Tyrod play poorly? Sure, all the time - but it is the way Tyrod plays badly that concerns me. Holding the ball, not seeing the field, bailing clean pockets... I think they are so long term limiting that they worry me more than a Quarterback that just has a bad day throwing. It is why I think Tyrod is already at his ceiling. I have lost faith that he can improve in those facets. Miami at the end of the year was a very strong performance, as was Seattle, and as actually was Arizona early on. But there are not enough of those games and that doesn't show progression. He sprinkled in a couple of really nice games in 2015 too - Miami on the road springs to mind as does the Jets at home. But some of the issues (the holding the ball forever when guys are open particularly) actually appeared worse on the 2016 film than it had in 2015.

I understand the people who want to keep Tyrod it is a knife edge decision and if the Bills do bring him back I will be willing him to take that step and prove me wrong.

Thanks for this. I know you put in the time and don't just spout off. I saw the regression this year but struggle to pin it on him with the terrible receiving corps that was trotted out and the coaching that was so bad it led to a firing. I thought the good games were better than in 2015 so there was growth there. Consistency is the biggest hurdle for him imo. I also wonder about a sophomore slump happening for him and if he can turn it around. I fall on the side of thinking it can happen but certainly get others that don't. I also understand not wanting to take the gamble for the money. Again, thanks for your post. Hopefully whatever decision is made it is the right one!

Edited by section122

I worry that the Jets will stink bad enough next year, with a lousy young QB, that they could get a real Franchise QB in the next draft. I'd prefer they have a Glennon or Fitz. :(

Glennon, like Tyrod did, is gambling on himself, which I respect. I just don't think he'll be that good, so he'll probably be a stud.