Cleveland Heavily After Tyrod Taylor.

I'm having a hard time believing any of the QB trade rumors. I would be more surprised if anything happens with TT, JG, Romo, Smith, etc. than I would if it didn't. TT's option hurts his value, Romo's age and injuries diminishes his.

If anything the Pats and Browns are releasing contradicting information as they bargain behind the scenes for a JG swap. We won't trade Jimmy, we want Tyrod. Oh wait a minute here is 12 overall can we have Jimmy? Yuck.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd still want better. QB's are at such a premium in this league that you can force a team to pay. The Pats* constantly trade non QB's and still load up with first round picks. Someone would be desperate enough to give a first for a QB. Look how much Osweiler got paid.

Apples to oranges. The Bills have no leverage with Tyrod's option. They either pick it up or cut him and they only have six days to convince a trade partner that they're keeping him but would still be willing to listen to offers. They can demand all they want but if they play a game of chicken and lose, they get nothing. The 33rd is more than fair if they don't want him or they can try to get a higher pick from Cleveland by throwing back a lower pick with Tyrod. They need to accumulate more draft choices though, not trade them away.

I'm having a hard time believing any of the QB trade rumors. I would be more surprised if anything happens with TT, JG, Romo, Smith, etc. than I would if it didn't. TT's option hurts his value, Romo's age and injuries diminishes his.

If anything the Pats and Browns are releasing contradicting information as they bargain behind the scenes for a JG swap. We won't trade Jimmy, we want Tyrod. Oh wait a minute here is 12 overall can we have Jimmy? Yuck.

Every thing I've read and heard is this free agent period is setting up to blow people away with mediocre to good players getting paid like great players. If Mike Glennon is getting more than Tyrod, is his option still so bad? Especially for a team like Cleveland who would likely be low on Tyrod's preferred list of teams anyway, it might be the only opportunity for them to add a proven talent at a somewhat reasonable deal.

I didn't hear this. What's the basis for the rumor?

Wonder if Cleveland has come up with a new analytic metric that Tyrod does extremely well in regarding player value....wouldn't be surprised if it's in relation to his ability to score points.

The only trade bait as far as Tyrod goes is if the other team likes his contract. If Whaley gets anything for Tyrod I'll be stoked.

John Clayton said yesterday that if the Bills let him go his value will go up. Don't agree, but would fit with your statement.

Wonder if Cleveland has come up with a new analytic metric that Tyrod does extremely well in regarding player value....wouldn't be surprised if it's in relation to his ability to score points.

for as much as tyrod sucks against the afc east, he sucks against the afc north that much more.

John Clayton said yesterday that if the Bills let him go his value will go up. Don't agree, but would fit with your statement.

I do agree...mainly because look at the amount of cap space teams have, how much terrible QBs are getting and even how much mediocre QBs are getting to be backups($7+ million per year)...

I wouldnt trade for less than their 12th pick. Then we can grab a QB, WR, and DB within round 1 and 2.

I think you gotta be realistic here and figure in terms of draft capital, the 33rd is worth a couple of spots if you can find replacement value at QB which to me is a net gain.

You can get more then that if they are that desperate. If you don't walk away without a 1st then you got hosed. But unless you are drafting a QB at 10 Kyle Williams would rather you keep Tyrod... If not then you just wasted his year.

Edited by Beef Jerky