Are there any racist institutions? How and why.

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/lin-manuel-miranda-brings-hamilton-puerto-rico-214513897--abc-news-topstories.html

How come its “cultural appropriation” when a white actor plays a part for a non-white character, but when a Hispanic plays a white, founding father it’s awesome? 

It's not the same because ***** you, you ***** racist *****.

I hope that clears it up.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Koko78 said:

It's not the same because ***** you, you ***** racist *****.

I hope that clears it up.

Just saying that when Obama became POTUS I didn’t yell at him about cultural appropriation and being POTUS is clearly a white guy thing. But yes that clears it up. 

On 1/12/2019 at 8:00 PM, The_Dude said:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/lin-manuel-miranda-brings-hamilton-puerto-rico-214513897--abc-news-topstories.html

How come its “cultural appropriation” when a white actor plays a part for a non-white character, but when a Hispanic plays a white, founding father it’s awesome? 

Considering Hamilton's birthplace and uncertainty about his paternity, it's more likely that Miranda is a closer relative than a random white dude.

But I'm sure you knew that.

18 minutes ago, GG said:

Considering Hamilton's birthplace and uncertainty about his paternity, it's more likely that Miranda is a closer relative than a random white dude.

But I'm sure you knew that.

There’s no question about AHs ethnicity. 

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Basically. There’s irresponsible speculation that his mothers mixed race but it’s based on the same quality of evidence that Hitler was half Jewish. 

Well, as we've learned with Sen. Lieawatha and Ain't Jemima, race and ethnicity are all about what you self-identify as.

12 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Basically. There’s irresponsible speculation that his mothers mixed race but it’s based on the same quality of evidence that Hitler was half Jewish. 

And you possess the definitive proof that a child born out of wedlock in the mid 18th century in the most racially mixed region in the world was of pure European white descent.

16 minutes ago, GG said:

And you possess the definitive proof that a child born out of wedlock in the mid 18th century in the most racially mixed region in the world was of pure European white descent.

Do you think a person of mixed descent would have had a political career in the 18th century? I say of course not. Is there any proof of mixed ethnicity? No. We’re these things tracked closely? Yes. So, unless you have new evidence all you really have is the beginnings of a Dan Brown novel. 

The House voted overwhelmingly on Tuesday to condemn white nationalism and white supremacy, a measure prompted by the comments of Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), who openly questioned why those terms had become offensive.

Having been stripped of his committee assignments Monday and facing further reproach, King went to the House floor Tuesday to say that he would support the resolution while continuing to protest that he had been misquoted in the New York Times article.

"There is no tape for this interview I did. There's no way to go back and listen,” he said, conceding that he might have said the quoted words but challenging how they have been interpreted. “That ideology never showed up in my head. I don’t know how it would have come out of my mouth."

The resolution, introduced by House Majority Whip James E. Clyburn (D-S.C.), mentions King’s remarks in its preamble, but the measure does not directly rebuke King himself. It passed 424-1, with Rep. Bobby Rush (D-Ga.) voting no because he favors a censure of King.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/liz-cheney-the-no-3-house-republican-says-steve-king-should-find-another-line-of-work/2019/01/15/bc182e9c-18d5-11e9-88fe-f9f77a3bcb6c_story.html?utm_term=.c7603fad923f

On 3/4/2017 at 9:11 AM, Tiberius said:

Yup, if people try and stop hate, racism and discrimination they are the bad ones. Racists HATE the Sothern Poverty Law Center

Anyone surprised ?

Other than Gator...........

Southern Poverty Law Center accused of racketeering, wielding 'hate label' for cash...

aPtzplXX?format=jpg&name=600x314

One of the most prominent groups advocating for stricter immigration went to court Wednesday to demand a judge order the Southern Poverty Law Center to stop labeling it a “hate group,” accusing the self-described watchdog of running an illegal racket to silence political opponents.

The Center for Immigration Studies says the SPLC’s accusations that it is racist and anti-immigrant are wrong and have cost the nonprofit support and financial backing by scaring people away from doing business with the center.

The center brought its challenge to U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia by filing a civil complaint under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act against SPLC President Richard Cohen and Heidi Beirich, who runs the group’s Hatewatch blog.

Mark Krikorian, the Center for Immigration Studies executive director, says his organization doesn’t meet the SPLC’s definition of a hate group and the Alabama-based watchdog knows it but persists anyway — which he said was evidence of the racket.

SPLC and its leaders have every right to oppose our work on immigration, but they do not have the right to label us a hate group and suggest we are racists,” he said. “The Center for Immigration Studies is fighting back against the SPLCsmear campaign and its attempt to stifle debate through intimidation and name-calling.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/16/immigration-group-files-rico-lawsuit-splc/

Edited by B-Man

Anti-Christian Hate Group = SPLC

THE REAL QUESTION IS WHETHER SPLC CAN COLLECT MORE MONEY ON IT: 

SPLC Blames ‘Privileged’ Covington Catholic Teen for Native American ‘Anguish’

Honestly, someday in the future, the Southern Poverty Law Center is going to be remembered as one of the most successful scams of all time.

• Like (+1) 1