Are there any racist institutions? How and why.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick reminder:

Any news report that contains the phrase "according to data from the Southern Poverty Law Center" isn't credible.

Funniest comedy on TV until Curb comes back in October

No white cars or trucks. No black cars or trucks. No white houses. No black shutters no black top. No white lines on the road. No black ink. No white out. Let's do away with yellow and red.

No black tee shirts , no black shoes, no black pants , no black bras, no black cast iron pans, no black dogs, no black cats, and no black

tires.

No white on the tv, no white shoes, no white golf balls, no white rugs, no white light bulbs, no white potatoes, no white rice, no white socks, no white underwear, and no white milk.

No little green men.

Even the NYT seems to be starting to see the truth............

"Why Is the Southern Poverty Law Center Targeting Liberals?"
Asks Ayaan Hirsi Ali (in a NYT op-ed).
[T]he S.P.L.C. has the audacity to label me an “extremist,” including my name in a “Field Guide to Anti-Muslim Extremists” that it published on its website last October.

In that guide, the S.P.L.C. claims that I am a “propagandist far outside the political mainstream” and warns journalists to avoid my “damaging misinformation.” These groundless smears are deeply offensive, as I have dedicated much of my adult life to calling out the true extremists: organizations such as Al Qaeda and ISIS....

Who really benefits from [s.P.L.C.] activities? Repeatedly, and for more than a decade, journalists at publications ranging from Harper’s to Politico to The Nation to The Weekly Standard have pointed out that the center’s founders seem more interested in profiting off the anxieties and white guilt of Northern liberals than in upholding the civil rights of poor Southerners, or anyone else. There’s a less cynical explanation, though, which is that liberals are deeply and increasingly uncomfortable with calling out Islamic extremism for fear of being smeared as “Islamophobic,” or worse.

I just love that headline, why are they targeting liberals ?..................everyone she knows feels that the S.P.L.C. is supposed to attack Conservatives. :lol:

I thought that they were supposed to point out "hate groups" (although they are dishonest and don't do that)

A liberal can't hate...............right ?

HATE GROUP HITS JACKPOT

The ludicrously misnamed Southern Poverty Law Center has become a scam operating as a left-wing hate cult. The SPLC specializes in directing something far beyond the Orwellian Two Minutes Hate to the likes of Charles Murray and Ayaan Hirsi Ali and others it designates for opprobrium as “extremists” or a “hate group.” Where once was Emmanuel Goldstein and his followers is now Murray, Ali and a host of others guilty of thoughtcrime.

Earlier this year Charles Murray responded to the SPLC’s libel of him in “Charles Murray’s SPLC page as edited by Charles Murray.” This week Ms. Ali took to the New York Times to ask why the SPLC is hating on her and her friends.

If there is such a thing as a “hate group,” the SPLC is it. Indeed, I think it can safely be declared “Our leading hate group.”

More at the link:

Edited by B-Man

• 2 weeks later...

THE LUMPING-TOGETHER WAS ALWAYS THE GOAL:

Megan McArdle: Southern Poverty Law Center Gets Creative to Label ‘Hate Groups’: Principled conservatives are lumped together with bigots.

In 2010, the Southern Poverty Law Center designated the Family Research Council a “hate group” because of its orthodox position on homosexuality, and its occasionally incendiary defenses of that position.

In 2012, Floyd Corkins showed up at the Family Research Council headquarters with a gun.

I don’t mean to imply that these two things were connected. I’m telling you that they were connected. We know because the shooter told the FBI where he got the idea.

Conservatives have used this to try to discredit the Southern Poverty Law Center’s list of hate groups. But the sad truth is that if you criticize someone, there’s always some small chance that an unstable person will read your criticism and decide its subject needs killing. The shooting is still not the fault of the writer, but the fault of the shooter.

(Just in case it helps, I interrupt this column to point out that you should not shoot anyone I write about, or anyone I don’t write about, or anyone.)

Also,
you don’t need to manufacture ersatz accountability in order to discredit the Southern Poverty Law Center’s hate group tally. You just need to tell people what’s on the list.

Some of the groups named are what anyone would think of as a hate group, like, you know, the Ku Klux Klan. But other entries are a festival of guilt-by-association innuendo about people with at best a tangential relationship to the target institution, and whose statements fall well short of blanket group-calumny or calls for violence. Or the center offers bizarrely shifting rationales that suggest that the staff started with the target they wanted to deem hateful, and worked backward to the analysis.

Think of them as leftist propagandists and grifters and you won’t go far wrong.