Mike Gillisllee - Combine News

Fixxxer

A RFA 2nd rd tender would be $2.81M .

Rather have a long term deal , it's up to him, he is good.

I agree a long term deal would be better, but when we are strapped for cap space, I think its better to tender him at the 2nd round price. And tbh, if someone signed him away I would rather another 2nd rd pick than keep Mike

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea it's garbage to want things right. Yet another Internet tough guy busy toiling in mediocrity.

Dude. Go make your own message board then. I'm sure it would be perfect.

Reports are coming out saying Gillislee might get $4 to $5 mil/year.

Seems awfully expensive for a backup running back when your starter makes over $8 mil/year.

Yeah, that is allot for a 2RB. Hope the report are overstated. Love me some TD Mike, but $4M is way too much. Many starters don't even see that. Was Jackson's figure even that high?

Hey I'm an optimist but TD Mike needs to keep his head down more and learn from the Shady School of How to Avoid the Concussion Hits or he's gonna be in trouble. The poor dude took some season ending hits last year trying to squeeze out the extra yard.

I would rank TD Mike as one of the top backups in the league, up there with guys like Coleman and D'Angelo Williams.

How many backups can get around the outside edge like that speedy little beast?

This was a great find by Whaley. He really has done a good job uncovering some gems in free agency.

Gillislee could start for about a dozen teams in the NFL.

He's a punishing between the tackles runner, has speed to take it to the house, is a capable receiver out of the backfield and can pass protect.

He'd upgrade a lot of teams' rushing attack. He's more than just a good backup and we'll have to pay accordingly to keep him long term.

He's a punishing between the tackles runner, has speed to take it to the house, is a capable receiver out of the backfield and can pass protect.

He'd upgrade a lot of teams' rushing attack. He's more than just a good backup and we'll have to pay accordingly to keep him long term.

yes,he's good.But is he THAT good? With J Will on the roster? I think it's more financially responsible to give the second round tender on him and if he leaves,take that pick to get our WR or RT,and roll with J Will.just my opinion of course....

yes,he's good.But is he THAT good? With J Will on the roster? I think it's more financially responsible to give the second round tender on him and if he leaves,take that pick to get our WR or RT,and roll with J Will.just my opinion of course....

If they give Gillislee $4-$5 mil year I fully expect them to cut Lesean McCoy to free up cap space.

In 2017 no one in the NFL is allocating 10% of their cap to the RB position.

Edited by jrober38

Yes. Im a Pats fan. Grew up and live in RI. I also pay close attention to the Bills. I watch every game, I also think the Bills probably have the most individual talent in the division

dont let it worry yea Chris...we have other Pats** fans here...we get along just fine as long as you dont come on here to rub in the wins or act like an ass :thumbsup:

dont let it worry yea Chris...we have other Pats** fans here...we get along just fine as long as you dont come on here to rub in the wins or act like an ass :thumbsup:

ill do my best. One caution though, im Not responsible for anything i post during pats bills week

Gillicutty is a damn good back...seems like he had a 20+ run in every game last year and led the NFL in rushing average as a RB

If they give Gillislee $4-$5 mil year I fully expect them to cut Lesean McCoy to free up cap space.

Gillislee is not getting 4-5 million a year. Maybe 1.7-2 million a year

Ladies and Gentlemen...You're 2017 Buffalo Bills!!

just wait until marcia retires and they go back to the crap organization like they always have been. all their fans will disappear back into the corners of the whole foods and yoga pants stores where they belong

Pats are good because of Brady, and not Belichick cutting players? That's news to me.

they are good bc marica gives them the glue to stay together for a long time so their systems are all maximum mature. once she declines/retires pressure will be on to stay at the top, which they wont possibly be able to do unless they luck into yet another goat back to back, which aint happening. it will degrade from there and it will all unravel. the fable that bill is master genius is an illusion. cant wait to watch it crumble without the golden girl they never deserved making it all possible

watching him go back to being just a surly jerk once the pixie dust wears off is going to be the best part. unless he does the smart thing and just retires forever once his bff hangs up her golden slippers

its just too bad that their two latest sb wins were due to two of the single most boneheadedly bad offensive calls in sb history gave those games away. would have been very satisfying watching them justifiably lose those two as they should have. but cant change that history now. gotta just be happy their undeserved luck at a sixth round miracle of all time is nearing its end

Gillicutty is a damn good back...seems like he had a 20+ run in every game last year and led the NFL in rushing average as a RB

Gillislee is not getting 4-5 million a year. Maybe 1.7-2 million a year

Why not?

He's been incredibly productive the last two years. He's a 3 down back who can run the ball, receive and pass protect. He also has tons of tread left on his tires.

Like I said earlier, he could probably start for a dozen NFL teams. If they want to keep him long term, they're going to need to pay him.

Yea it's garbage to want things right. Yet another Internet tough guy busy toiling in mediocrity.

Johnny, we're a band of brothers here. We all share a love of the Bills. We all share the misery of the drought. We don't need to add to that misery with personal attacks.

That kind of stuff just makes this board unpleasant for everyone.

I was disappointed when KW didn't work out. Every team needs a good backup RB and MG stepped up beautifully. Not sure he's really a NFL starter but certainly deserves to be in a rotation.

It would be great to see him and Shady play tag-team for a couple more years.