official Buffalo Bills message board shut down

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do now understand what you are saying. Yeah, that's kinda weird.

Anyway, I get the loving an online community and being bummed when it goes away without notice. And I get that a few threads and ample time for spleen-venting are necessary.

It's still a huge influx of people talking about things many of us know nothing about. So it's been almost as weird for longtime TSWers as it has for former BBMBers.

thank you for the thought out, articulate post.

it's refreshing.

i actually have zero love for BBMB. we were pretty neutered over there and lot of us either stopped posting or got kicked off recently. i can honestly say this is the most i've posted in about 5 months.

but i hear what you're saying, in our hey day if some board shut down and we were overrun it would not go well.

you guys have actually been pretty cool about the whole thing. we're dudes, dudes get territorial. it's totally understandable.

i mean, being called "scum" is a bit weird. but so are we i guess.

Edited by likei've

I am with you on this. We have mostly kept BBMB talk to the few threads designated to it at the moment.

Like it or not, we now represent a fairly sizable contigent of this board, and folks who think they can "grind us up" or bully us off the board are mistaken. I plan on (and think I have so far) being a contributing member of this society, and as long as we are respectful there should be no animosity between the two "factions" that should soon be more like a colloidal dispersion.

That said, there are some guys that have and will come over that wont go over well here, will be banned, and rightfully so, but I won't put up with my opinion being treated as less important because of my post count or seniority. I'm not saying that it is necessarily happening now, but I know alot of TBD vets are a bit bitter at the moment, and BBMB converts perhaps a little defensive.

A bit of perspective from both side should smooth over any significant problems though, I would think.

First off, you need to get off your high horse. Nobody here is bitter at the influx of BBMB exiles. TSW is just trying to cope with the increased volume and we are gauging the relative knowledge base of the newbies to frame the proper responses. Nobody is going to toss you off the site, unless you violate the clearly defined ToS.

As for the perspectives, please re-read Scott's welcome message. He's cultivated this board for nearly 20 years to create a community that suits HIS oversight. It's not up to TSW to adapt, and it's not up to TSW to reckon with whatever happened on the old site.

thank you for the thought out, articulate post.

it's refreshing.

i actually have zero love for BBMB. we were pretty neutered over there and lot of us either stopped posting or got kicked off recently. i can honestly say this is the most i've posted in about 5 months.

but i hear what you're saying, in our hey day if some board shut down and we were overrun it would not go well.

you guys have actually been pretty cool about the whole thing. we're dudes, dudes get territorial. it's totally understandable.

i mean, being called "scum" is a bit weird. but so are we i guess.

My labrador retriever pees on everything in sight to mark his territory....are you suggesting....?

My labrador retriever pees on everything in sight to mark his territory....are you suggesting....?

all i'm saying is if there's something you don't really want us touching, you might want to give it a little squirt.

Bortles has all the tools. Honestly, his second year was good. This year not so much. I have no idea what is up in Jacksonville because they seem very talented....till they get on the field. Let's see what Saint Doug does with him.

Am I bitter? Yeah, I was bitter for getting banned, but that wasn't your fault.

Fair enough. Bortles was an absolute train wreck this year. He would have been better than Manuel, obviously, though.

But here's a better question for me to gauge your feelings:

Bortles or Tyrod?

Fair enough. Bortles was an absolute train wreck this year. He would have been better than Manuel, obviously, though.

Bortles or Tyrod?

As bad as Bortles was this season his numbers are close to Taylors. Bortles only minus is he threw more ints

Bortles or Tyrod?

Nah. He was OK, they just rely on him too much.

And to your question...I have a feeling you think it's rhetorical, which says to me your mind is made up on the subject.

Why do you guys insist on keeping that place alive? It's over. Love it or hate it, that was then and this is now. Time to move on.

Do people over here at TBD really have a problem with this thread going?

For me, it's a good way to assimilate into a new message board because we're finding familiarity in a new place. Personally, I think keeping one BBMB thread up should be acceptable. Merge the rest of them into this one if need be. I'm happy to be here but we're the new kids in the schoolyard... let us hang out over in the corner playing tetherball with each other before we join in for dodgeball.

Do people over here at TBD really have a problem with this thread going?

For me, it's a good way to assimilate into a new message board because we're finding familiarity in a new place. Personally, I think keeping one BBMB thread up should be acceptable. Merge the rest of them into this one if need be. I'm happy to be here but we're the new kids in the schoolyard... let us hang out over in the corner playing tetherball with each other before we join in for dodgeball.

no way! i'm playing dodgeball!

i'll still talk to you guys though. just dont spill anything on my new letterman jacket.

Edited by likei've

Once AW got targeted I don't think our D generated enough turnovers to overcome the extra ones. Just my opinion though.

I agree thats what made me take a step back in saying Blakes season was much better than Tyrods

no way! i'm playing dodgeball!

i'll still talk to you guys though. just dont spill anything on my new letterman jacket.

I need to hangout with you, they gave me pom-poms and you get a letterman jacket?

Just mention Bortles and I come a'runnin

Bortles looked disinterested last season, he has plenty of weapons down there. I hope Marrone can shake him up and make things work. After trading Julius I think it's a safe bet they take a serious look at Marty B.