Very interesting "Tyrod/Trade/Option" article

It's an interesting idea. I like Tyrod, but if the Browns were to come in and say "We want to start winning now. We want a real option in place while we groom our franchise guy. Here is the 12th or (even 33rd pick) in the draft and a load of cap space." That deserves some consideration.

Give me #33 and the Rights to Gordon and we have a deal.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a perfect world. The Browns are stupid but surely they can't be that stupid haha

There not the Browns for no reason. BTW they need to sell tickets to there fans they need to make up some kool Aid to feed there base. A QB that lead a offense that averaged nearly 27pts per gm. That's a great way to start.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/3/2/14780708/tyrod-taylor-trade-buffalo-bills-doug-whaley-combine-scenario-and-why-bills-may-be-exploring-it

With Garrapolo out. With Glennon signed. Kaepernick is a goofball. Romo still a glass statue....Tyrod appears to be the best option for many teams with high first round picks (Jets, Browns, Niners) in a suspect draft class.

This article is actually put together well and made sense to me. Maybe Doug Whaley and McDermott actually know what they're doing....gaining leverage.

What does not make sense is section (almost assuredly carries no more weight than "maybe"):

Whaley enters 2017 undeniably in "win-now" mode. Another playoff-less season, and he'll almost assuredly get fired. He can't afford to start a "tank" at this stage in the game.

If he trades TT the owners will need to be on board (let us stop the stop "Rogue" comments) so they are willing to sacrifice short term gains for long.

There are no short term gains.

Taylor will get pantsed by murderers row next season. Carr Ryan Brady x 2 Luck Jameis Cam Brees

Get a real qb in here asap, develop a future.

What would you actually do if he developed into a good QB? I feel like every win would be bittersweet for you.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/3/2/14780708/tyrod-taylor-trade-buffalo-bills-doug-whaley-combine-scenario-and-why-bills-may-be-exploring-it

With Garrapolo out. With Glennon signed. Kaepernick is a goofball. Romo still a glass statue....Tyrod appears to be the best option for many teams with high first round picks (Jets, Browns, Niners) in a suspect draft class.

This article is actually put together well and made sense to me. Maybe Doug Whaley and McDermott actually know what they're doing....gaining leverage.

I've been pro-TT, but as I think about this a sec I'm wondering if targeting the Browns pick at #12 could be interesting. TT plus our 2nd pick for the #12?? Then w/ #10 and #12 we pick Watson and WR (either Williams or Davis)?? That would be intriguing.

What would you actually do if he developed into a good QB? I feel like every win would be bittersweet for you.

I'd hope it wasn't a flash in the pan like 10-6 Fitz was first.

Then i would congratulate the new qb coach for his amazing work with the ball patter.

It's like this...Taylor = 8-8. I'd rather be anything but that. I'll take 3-13 over 8-8. Taylor = mediocrity.

8-8 will be a stretch, check the schedule

Hey Whaley haters, the article actually gives Whaley credit for being shrewd on this one. What a GENIUS move to have the option at March 11 instead of March 9. HOW SMART is that?

well Whaley isn't talking anymore. Neither is Russ. Only voices are McD and the man behind the curtain, Derek Boyko. So we don't know whether they are or aren't. New group.

It's not a bad thing Whaley isn't talking to media anymore. He hasn't been savvy enough to handle the media. Not every GM is.

I've been pro-TT, but as I think about this a sec I'm wondering if targeting the Browns pick at #12 could be interesting. TT plus our 2nd pick for the #12?? Then w/ #10 and #12 we pick Watson and WR (either Williams or Davis)?? That would be intriguing.

This would be Xanadu.

better yet, for all sides,is NEXT year's first. To me if TT is a real trade option, it's Cle or Chi.Romo has a list and quite frankly,SF is the only safe bet. And very plausible. Both of those teams have lots of money to play with.Cleveland seems an obvious, but a real sleeper could be Chicago. And at a fair price of this year's second,and next year's first,I'd jump all over it.pick up Siemian,or another mediocre FA,go 6-10, while building our secondary and trenches this year,while the gettings good,and get our Franchise in next year's draft with that ammo.

If we dont sign him then we might as well trade him and get something for him, maybe a second round pick for him???. I hope something happens during the combine. All this suspense is killing me!

I mean yeah the best thing to do if you don't want a guy is to get something for letting him go. You need someone to be willing to trade for his contract though. We currently have a 2 day window to make a trade with a willing party. If we renegotiate his contract the trade talk will still not die down until he's actually starting a game for us. Settle in, it's a long offseason.

He already is good. Problem is he's not $27.5M good in about 50 % of folks on here's minds.

Huge TT supporter - even for my homer-ness, that's a big number to swallow.

Glad for the young man that it's even a legit conversation - not long ago, I was laffed off the board for even suggesting we try him out.

He's played about as well as I thought he would and believe we make the playoffs both years if we had a healthy, consistent WR corps and a notch or two better D.

He already is good. Problem is he's not $27.5M good in about 50 % of folks on here's minds.

Huge TT supporter - even for my homer-ness, that's a big number to swallow.

Glad for the young man that it's even a legit conversation - not long ago, I was laffed off the board for even suggesting we try him out.

He's played about as well as I thought he would and believe we make the playoffs both years if we had a healthy, consistent WR corps and a notch or two better D.

We've seen TT's ceiling. It only goes downhill from here. He's got 2 tools - long bombs (BUT they aren't even that accurate - only if the receiver has beat the man clearly and adjusts to the ball), no field vision, and running with his legs. The only time he's gonna win a SB is if he's named Doug Williams and is on the Redskins team that beat the Kelly Bills back whenever. Only good thing about the kid is he's SUPER CAUTIOUS. So he won't throw WRs open. He makes only safe throws. I mean sure yeah if we have a super dominant, ALL-WORLD ALL CENTURY D TT is perfect QB for that. But, that happens once a decade, and Bills don't have the makings of that All World All Century D.

Edited by CanadianFan