Nathan Peterman

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't have a weak arm, it's just not a Howitzer.

That kid will not be a starting NFL QB unless Lord Whaley decides to assemble a remake of EJ/Thad/Tuel, Peterman could win that competition by default. I don't know if it's because the offense he was in but any mention of this kid seems like such a reach.

That kid will not be a starting NFL QB unless Lord Whaley decides to assemble a remake of EJ/Thad/Tuel, Peterman could win that competition by default. I don't know if it's because the offense he was in but any mention of this kid seems like such a reach.

If you work on his timing and foot work with the accuracy he has, he could make a solid west coast QB. He also has good pocket presence which can translate into better reads. Edited by Woodman19

I can't take that seriously at all. Literally, the reasons for taking him are smart, got beat out by Josh freaking Dobbs and can take snaps under center.

In a league that's about 70-80% shotgun snaps.

i thought IT was word humor from 26

1. Had my right eye removed.
  2. Had my left eye removed.
  3. I suffered trauma to my cerebral cortex.

cuz of this post

So is the Brady argument, by that measure.

And what do you mean "you people"?

everyone one but #hisbadself ?

I think the Cousins comparisons are real and I believe NFL GMs are high on this guy. He is not going to get past day 2 IMO.

If I am a QB needy team, I think he has the tools that I could groom into an above average passing QB with 1-2 years development time and I agree he doesn't make it past day 2.

Kirk Cousins has an NFL starter arm. Peterman throws like a clipboard holder.

Not so much.

Not that he has a bullet arm, he doesn't. But he appears to be able to make all the throws an NFL QB needs.

EDIT: I can see this has already been posted here, but it's worth looking at, as are the scouting reports which do say he doesn't have a great arm but can make all the throws.

Edited by Thurman#1

If he's got day 2 predictions for where he's taken....use our 2nd IMO. With pro style experience, he might be ready for the #2 role this coming season.

NFL Draft Scout has him as a 3rd-4th guy. 2nd would be a bit high, IMHO.

If they like him, I wouldn't mind them taking him.

everyone still looking for the savior.... laughable. no Andrew Lucks in this draft. move on. TT is it for now...

Thing is ... when there is an Andrew Luck, we won't get him drafting number 12 or whatever. Might as well cross the Andrew Lucks off the list. We're going to have to find a Russell Wilson or Derek Carr or Teddy Bridgewater or whoever, because this team isn't bad enough to get an Andrew Luck, and we won't be in the next year or two either now that we brought Tyrod back.

And yeah, TT is it for now. Which means you want to start drafting for his replacement immediately if there's anyone there with potential.

Emily Kaplan's Senior Bowl report on Peterman and the responses to him there:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/27/nfl-draft-senior-bowl-quarterbacks-nathan-peterman-davis-webb-cooper-kupp-oj-howard-haason-reddick

Warning: contains yet another Kirk Cousins comparison.

"...But big names around this time of year are always quarterbacks, and when Deshaun Watson declined his invite (he was eligible as a junior since he had graduated), the already-shallow senior quarterback pool was quite dry. However in talking to folks in Mobile before practices began, there was a belief that two of the six quarterbacks competing here could strengthen their stock—the ceiling being 'the next Dak Prescott.' Those guys: Nathan Peterman of Pittsburgh and Davis Webb of California.

"We’ll begin with Peterman because he’s been by far the most impressive quarterback here. Says one evaluator who has studied Peterman extensively: 'He reminds me a lot of Kirk Cousins in this sense: He’s not going to blow you away with any of his traits, but he can do everything you need.' The evaluator stressed that Peterman is very mature. A graduate transfer from Tennessee, he enrolled at Pitt in 2015 to pursue an MBA and the 22-year-old got married to his longtime girlfriend in April.

"Peterman didn’t have too many weapons to throw to at Pitt; junior receiver Jester Weah (no catches before 2016) came through, and tight end Scott Orndoff had a good year, but other than that 'there was not much there,' the scout said. Peterman has been playing for the North squad coached by the Chicago Bears, and yes, they’re in the market for a quarterback. The 22-year-old has thrown some pretty, well-placed balls and earned bonus points at weigh-in when his hands measured at 9 7/8 inches—impressive considering he’s only 6' 2 1/2". (Yes, the hand debate is back! Sorry I’m not sorry. There’s even one more hand-size reference later in the column, though I’ll go on record with my hand-size stance: It does matter, but only for quarterbacks, who have to grip the ball, especially in poor weather.) My sense is that Peterman is not ready to start next year, but would be a solid third to fifth round target and developmental project."

I know I came across in this thread as a big fan. I'm not, especially. I just want the Bills to start drafting QBs regularly. I have no idea if this guy should be the one, but he looks interesting to me.

Edited by Thurman#1

Drafting Peterman wouldn't bother me. Drafting Peterman in the second round would be a huge mistake. The Bills need to get guys that can start right away with their first 2-3 picks in the draft. I wouldn't even consider drafting him until the 4th round.

The problem is we don't have a 4th pick. That's exactly where I'd slot him.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

Peterman doesn't look like a Doug Whaley QB.

I think he's a quality QB prospect who could be a better pro than he was a college player, but Whaley seems to like them 6'4 with top end athleticism.

Would love to get this guy in the 3rd round but I can't see Whaley picking him.

Edited by jrober38

Peterman doesn't look like a Doug Whaley QB.

I think he's a quality QB prospect who could be a better pro than he was a college player, but Whaley seems to like them 6'4 with top end athleticism.

Would love to get this guy in the 3rd round but I can't see Whaley picking him.

Good, Whaley's ability to evaluate qb's has been terrible. All the more reason to take him after the 3rd round.

Good, Whaley's ability to evaluate qb's has been terrible. All the more reason to take him after the 3rd round.

Which QBs has he drafted/signed as FA?

Pretty much everyone of those who evaluate the QBs in the draft say that one or more of them are likely to go in the top 10 picks. At the same time, most of them also say none of them are top 10 talents. If this is true, the Bills, who have a "good enough" QB already, would be better off either trading the first round pick or using it on a position of greater immediate need. If they want to add a QB later in the draft, Peterman, Webb or Kaaya might be options.