2017 NFL combine

Ugh. I agree with Mel Kiper

In fact, he believes the Tar Heels quarterback could be the first one taken off the board at No. 2 overall to the San Francisco 49ers.

I think San Francisco would be the first team to make that decision, which quarterback do they want? Kyle Shanahan is the new head coach, and John Lynch is the new general manager … This pick could determine their fate. They have to really love that quarterback and really have a strong feeling for that quarterback. Mitch Trubisky from North Carolina I think would most resemble Matt Ryan, who Shanahan had great success with this year.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/02/24/nfl-draft-rumors-mel-kiper-compares-mitch-trubisky-matt-ryan/

Every time I see Trubisky I think there is no way that Shanahan passes on him.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. I agree with Mel Kiper

In fact, he believes the Tar Heels quarterback could be the first one taken off the board at No. 2 overall to the San Francisco 49ers.

I think San Francisco would be the first team to make that decision, which quarterback do they want? Kyle Shanahan is the new head coach, and John Lynch is the new general manager … This pick could determine their fate. They have to really love that quarterback and really have a strong feeling for that quarterback. Mitch Trubisky from North Carolina I think would most resemble Matt Ryan, who Shanahan had great success with this year.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/02/24/nfl-draft-rumors-mel-kiper-compares-mitch-trubisky-matt-ryan/

Every time I see Trubisky I think there is no way that Shanahan passes on him.

There is also a rumored three team trade involving Cousins, the 49ers, Redskins, and Romo and the Cowboys. So lets see how that shakes out.

In that scenario they are saying Cousins to 49ers, Romo to the Skins, and picks to the Cows.

Edited by Marty McFly

Nice time from McMillian. 4.61

Peppers with a 4.47. At 213. Gonna be a long term S in this league. Not sure why they have him at LB i get thats what he played but he is a DB

Anzalone (LBer i really like) with a nice 4.64. Think gonna be able to get him 3rd or 4th

Edited by MAJBobby

Nice time from McMillian. 4.61

Peppers with a 4.47. At 213. Gonna be a long term S in this league. Not sure why they have him at LB i get thats what he played but he is a DB

Anzalone (LBer i really like) with a nice 4.64. Think gonna be able to get him 3rd or 4th

Another time that Bills were ahead of the curve: the S playing LB aka Bryan Scott. Given how many 3 or 4 receiver sets there are, a lot of times are playing S as LBs in nickel or dime. Peppers would be perfect for that.

Why does everyone forget Tate? Tate did a good job at KR last year. Nothing against Peppers tho.

I can't believe it's so hard to find good returners anymore. I don't know if it's just because of the rules.

Also, can we use Sammy as a PR? I like getting good players the opportunity to touch the hall as much as possible.

Why does everyone forget Tate? Tate did a good job at KR last year. Nothing against Peppers tho.

I'm not forgetting Tate, Tate was solid. I just think Peppers is more dynamic at the position. I think he could break a TD or two possibly where Tate may not.

Another time that Bills were ahead of the curve: the S playing LB aka Bryan Scott. Given how many 3 or 4 receiver sets there are, a lot of times are playing S as LBs in nickel or dime. Peppers would be perfect for that.

Thanks for reminding me of the "43 is the Mike" fiasco.

I can appreciate that kind of specialized role on a team, but from what I've seen, it's a net negative. If a box safety can't hang with receivers and backs in coverage nowadays, they get abused. I liked Scott, but he was a liability in coverage.

I'm impressed with Peppers' straight line speed, but how do his other athletic measurables stack up? If he has the athletic chops required of a DB, I'm all for it.