Tonight's Trump "Joint Address"

B-Man

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

God damn it people! We are going to remove regulations that are hampering our coal miners, while ensuring that we have clean air and clean water. We are going to Abolish Obama care, reduce insurance premiums, reign in the pharmaceutical industry ... "it's rare disease day" We are going to rebuild our infrastructure ... with AMERICAN steel. We are going to ensure that everyone is safe from illegals, We are going to wipe out crime from our inner cities, bolster our border security, and invest in rehab for our youth who have fallen into addiction. We are emphatically supporting Israel, and reaping enormous amounts of money from N.A.T.O. (long overdue) who are our allies. Russia could be our friends just like Japan was our enemy. We are going to ensure that our military will see the biggest funding increase in American history. Our Veterans will be taken care of and we will never lose a war again. What's not to like?

God damn it people! We are going to remove regulations that are hampering our coal miners, while ensuring that we have clean air and clean water. We are going to Abolish Obama care, reduce insurance premiums, reign in the pharmaceutical industry ... "it's rare disease day" We are going to rebuild our infrastructure ... with AMERICAN steel. We are going to ensure that everyone is safe from illegals, We are going to wipe out crime from our inner cities, bolster our border security, and invest in rehab for our youth who have fallen into addiction. We are emphatically supporting Israel, and reaping enormous amounts of money from N.A.T.O. (long overdue) who are our allies. Russia could be our friends just like Japan was our enemy. We are going to ensure that our military will see the biggest funding increase in American history. Our Veterans will be taken care of and we will never lose a war again. What's not to like?

Living in a fantasy world

This is like when their was a Democrat in the office and the Republicans were all mad. The circle of politics in the end Americans get screwed.

You joke, but you can bet your ass tomorrow they will all use the same word to describe it.

It will be "dark" or "fearful" or "morose."

But whatever it is, they'll all use the same adjective. Almost like they all get together on some remote message board and plot out how to report on things.

Ah. That would never happen.

NY Times says he offered a "more optimistic vision" and "softened his tone."

Not sure what the others are saying.

His amnesty stance (not in the speech) will be interesting to see play out.

I'm curious how the above will mix with 'balanced budget' Paul Ryan. I'm assuming they'll have to raise taxes on the lower/middle class and cut social programs, in order to balance increased defense/infrastructure and tax cuts for the wealthy.

$54B more for military

$100B more a year for infrastructure total $1T

big tax cuts for individuals and business

build the wall

The budget deficit would be huge

He said that by reducing regulation the economy will grow, the growth will fund the spending.

I guess we will see.

Yeah he reached badly on the drugs topic.

matter of opinion. I think the issue of drugs is quite serious. And am concerned over what is becoming a major issue with heroin, pills and hard drugs. And it is starting with weed.

Again, matter of opinion. And I think weed should be legal. But hard drugs should be tougher penalties

I watched the Sabres implode instead, but I did catch his part with the girl at Notre Dame in a wheel chair and how she was saved by her father. Somehow he used that as a call to fire thousands of federal workers and free us all or something.

I'm curious how the above will mix with 'balanced budget' Paul Ryan. I'm assuming they'll have to raise taxes on the lower/middle class and cut social programs, in order to balance increased defense/infrastructure and tax cuts for the wealthy.

there are a ton of ways you can generate revenue without doing this. Only democrats believe raising taxes cures al as the only option.

I'd like to see a 499% tax on vaping ****. That **** is gay af

there are a ton of ways you can generate revenue without doing this. Only democrats believe raising taxes cures al as the only option.

I'd like to see a 499% tax on vaping ****. That **** is gay af

Yup tons!! Though you named none :bag:

I watched the Sabres implode instead, but I did catch his part with the girl at Notre Dame in a wheel chair and how she was saved by her father. Somehow he used that as a call to fire thousands of federal workers and free us all or something.

when you're in bed at night, after your mother tucks you in and your story time about how George Bush is bad, do you ever ponder life and why you deserve it? You are narrow minded and approach all things as if your opinion is important combined and xenophobia, which is hysterical for you given how intellectuay challenged you are that your own shaddow must freighten you.

We all know you're a joker here. Someone fronting a facade of liberal disguise and hysterics but it is just amazing how it has over the years infected who you are to believe your own idiocracy.

Yup tons!! Though you named none :bag:

here is the list.

My One and Only (2009) . Dan

Taking Chance (2009) . LtCol Mike Strobl

Frost/Nixon (2008) . Jack Brennan

Saving Angelo (2007) . Brent

Rails & Ties (2007) . Tom Stark

Death Sentence (2007) . Nick Hume

The Air I Breathe (2007) . Love

Where the Truth Lies (2005) . Lanny

Beauty Shop (2005) . Jorge

Loverboy (2005) . Marty

Cavedweller (2004) . Randall Pritchard

The Woodsman (2004) . Walter

In the Cut (2003) (uncredited) . John Graham

Mystic River (2003) . Sean Devine

Trapped (2002) . Hickey

Novocaine (2001) (uncredited) . Actor Lance Phelps

Hollow Man (2000) . Sebastian Caine

My Dog Skip (2000) . Jack Morris

Stir of Echoes (1999) . Tom Witzky

Wild Things (1998) . Ray Duquette

Digging to China (1998) . Ricky Schroth

Telling Lies in America (1997) . Billy Magic

Picture Perfect (1997) . Sam Mayfair

Sleepers (1996) . Sean Nokes

Balto (1995) (voice) . Balto

Apollo 13 (1995) . Jack Swigert

Murder in the First (1995) . Henri Young

The River Wild (1994) . Wade

The Air Up There (1994) . Jimmy Dolan

New York Skyride (1994) . Narrator/Host

A Few Good Men (1992) . Capt. Jack Ross

JFK (1991) . Willie OKeefe

Pyrates (1991) . Ari

He Said, She Said (1991) . Dan Hanson

Queens Logic (1991) . Dennis

Flatliners (1990) . David Labraccio

Tremors (1990) . Valentine McKee

The Big Picture (1989) . Nick Chapman

Criminal Law (1988) . Martin Thiel

Shes Having a Baby (1988) . Jefferson Jake Edward Briggs

Planes, Trains & Automobiles (1987) . Taxi Racer

End of the Line (1987) . Everett

White Water Summer (1987) . Vic

Quicksilver (1986) . Jack Casey

Footloose (1984) . Ren McCormack

Enormous Changes at the Last Minute (1983) . Dennis

Forty Deuce (1982) . Ricky

Diner (1982) . Timothy Fenwick Jr.

Only When I Laugh (1981) . Don

Friday the 13th (1980) . Jack

Hero at Large (1980) . 2nd Teenager

Starting Over (1979) . Husband (Young Couple)

Animal House (1978) . Chip Diller

Only BIPARTISAN legislation will last and will work.

Partisan legislation goes to far in one direction and is simply and successfully criticized by the opposing party - who leverages it to gain control then turns a 180.

AFA your comments - most are mutually exclusive. Can't have coal and clean air and water. The way the GOP is headed with HC it will be designed with idealism first not functionality. Safe from illegals - you already are. Reaping ENORMOUS cash from NATO? Russia is Trumps friend - they colluded to get him elected - he is not our friend. What exactly are we going to upfund our military for?

The "war" on terrorism - is not going to have a "winning" moment.

What's not to like - how about some realism.

Unionized prison guards, private for profit prisons love the faux war on drugs.

It's not a "faux" war on drugs but more like a fruitless one.

His amnesty stance (not in the speech) will be interesting to see play out.

It's what he'd like to do, he'll quickly get reigned in by Bannon and the nationalist base.

$54B more for military

$100B more a year for infrastructure total $1T

big tax cuts for individuals and business

build the wall

The budget deficit would be huge

If enacted, Obama's deficits will be child's play compared to his. I'm sure the talk radio hucksters will pay plenty of lip service to all this.

No we won't. His budget isn't going to pass.

His budget won't pass, but there is broad consensus among Repubs to increase Military spending. In order for them to pass a real budget they are going to have to give the Dems the goodies they long for, and considering Trump loves the goodies as well, he'll comply and we'll get one huge ass spending bill.

And yes, reducing regulations will help provide more revenues, Congress really isn't needed in order to do a decent bit of that, but it won't make up for everything else he wants to do.

NY Times says he offered a "more optimistic vision" and "softened his tone."

Not sure what the others are saying.

Yep. It turns out he stuck to the script and stayed poised for the moment. The immediate narrative, led by Van Jones of all people, is that this was the night Trump became POTUS, and if he maintains this side of him, the Dems better start to worry.

Post-speech polls on CNN had viewers off the charts for optimism from the speech.

Yet today he'll probably have a Twitter war with the entire cast of "Punky Brewster, Season 1" and we'll be back to bombastic Trump.

A speech for his 44% who support him. Nothing has changed.

It's always fun to come back to these gameday threads and pick out who was wrong during the game.

That you were the first one I found was not surprising.

He is, surprisingly, getting very, very high marks for his speech from even the far left talking heads (See Jones, Van).

Of course, when your party sits on its hands while everyone else is standing and loudly cheering for a young vet's widow, regardless of what you think, the image is all you need to understand why Democrats are swirling the drain, in any direction.