Unintended Leak of Tyrod's Future??

theesir

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod was the best option for 2017 unless by some miracle Cousins came or Romo came and stayed healthy. TT is WAY better than he gets credit for on here. He isn't perfect but he's a solid NFL starter. It's been almost 20 years since we've had that. The Bills should continue their search for a franchise guy but it's as likely that Tyrod develops into that as it is the guys in the draft. He's still 27 and has 29 starts. He accounts for almost 4 times as many TDs as turnovers. His offense scored a lot. Let's take a deep breath and trust the process.

Wow.... I'm just not used to seeing a logical post when the title has "Tyrod" in it. I'm pleasantly surprised. Thank you!

Draft Davis, hopefully Watkins gets and stays healthy then see what we get from Tyrod. Wouldn't even be opposed to a TE in RD 2 (a lot of promising TEs in this draft), but that would entail shoring up the secondary and LB's via FA.

Sammy FA Slot receiver TE Rd 2 Clay Davis Lattimore/Goodwin

Tyrod

Shady

Looks really good to me

The guy pinned a tweet from inside the Bills facility talking to players an hour ago. He definitely looks like someone in the know FWIW.

The best part of the pic he posted is Cardale sitting in the front row taking notes. The guy sure has come a long way.

I would think that TT is here at least 2 more years now. I don't think that they could squeeze the guaranteed money into 1 year. The Bills will draft someone this year or next year (my guess is next year). TT will either grow into a franchise guy this year, or be competing next year with the intent of someone else in 2019.

i still think you are being a little crazy with the talk of accelerating all his guarantees - it just doesnt make sense from a resource management perspective. now do they give him a little extra up front and void out some guarantees making it a slightly richer 2 year deal with an easier out... maybe? i mean, that would be much like last year.

id guess they just roll as is though

Edited by NoSaint

He left the game vs Miami with the lead and "saved" the season. He played his best game as a Bill in that game. I was hoping he would get another chance to build upon that success. Looks like he will.

Sometimes QBs need to be "developed" and I think he is developing quite nicely.

Lets get a RT and a WR in FA/draft and roll.

:thumbsup:

As a guy who thought Tyrod was our best option, I should feel happy about this.

But I feel nothing at all. I never thought the rumors of Taylor being cut were realistic.

Not me. I'm very happy with this news if it is true.

(all of the following of course is imo)

Bills fans have no idea what watching a young QB develop is. Seriously. Even Kelly had a couple of USFL years before coming to Buffalo. Tyrod has had some ups and downs but they aren't inconsistent with what a developing QB looks like. He far outplayed Carson Wentz this year who some (ahem Ryan ahem) trumpet as a guy they would rather have. Even the most negative opinions have him around 22 for QB ranking. Tyrod's numbers are incredibly similar to Russel Wilson's first couple of years starting. I think we would all love to have him behind center. Russel just has a much better team around him. I'm hopeful that they build the receiving corp and a couple of safeties. An improved defense will obviously help. This is great news for me personally, I hope it is true and I hope Tyrod continues to grow!

I thought the Miami comeback could have been a turning point for Tyrod but then Rex, his prevent defense and his late timeout on the 55 yd FG too over

Lets not forget about another missed FG by Carpenter, this one in OT. He was 4 for 9 from 40-49 yards for the season. He cost the Bills more than 1 loss.

Keeping Tyrod was the best case scenario here. Even if you draft a QB you're not drafting him to play immediately. We're not running out to purchase some "bridge" QB who has no familiarity with the players and has little upside. TT could actually develop into a decent QB if someone could teach him how to read a defense and trust his receivers.

i still think you are being a little crazy with the talk of accelerating all his guarantees - it just doesnt make sense from a resource management perspective. now do they give him a little extra up front and void out some guarantees making it a slightly richer 2 year deal with an easier out... maybe? i mean, that would be much like last year.

id guess they just roll as is though

I think that you are right. I was simply asking the question. He's here 2 years with the current deal too. That's kind of what I expect.

The fact that I'm not shocked upsets me more than the fact that the Bills are throwing money at a sub-par QB.

If this turns out to be true, it will be the first time I'll say that it's time for Doug Whaley to go. I've been a big fan of his since he joined the team and I think he's done a fine job as GM.

But this - if true - is simply stupid.

Bring on 4-12.

The fact that I'm not shocked upsets me more than the fact that the Bills are throwing money at a sub-par QB.

If this turns out to be true, it will be the first time I'll say that it's time for Doug Whaley to go. I've been a big fan of his since he joined the team and I think he's done a fine job as GM.

Bring on 4-12.

Even though we have been no where close to that record in the 2 years TT has been a starter for this team.....

but ok then........

Bring on 4-12.

It's weird that I would feel the same way if TT is let go.

Same with Shady. IF he is released I'm fully on board with him going.